hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 444 of 447 FirstFirst ... 344394434441442443444445446447 LastLast
Results 8,861 to 8,880 of 8933

Thread: Chris Roberts is back. (Star Citizen / Squadron 42 thread)

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Freddy, my point wasn't that Dwarf Fortress was a bad game or anything like that, it was that some people might see it's graphics and be turned off by that, but that doesn't mean the people enjoying it are wrong.

As for this mythical response from supporters, what response? Has anyone been saying they're doing a stand up job? Has anyone said the game doesn't have problems?

AND FUCK you. What the fuck is "um..." ? This forum has been basically a 3 page cess pit of lolololololol with the occasional positive post about enjoying the game before I finally decided that look, we get it, it's not a good game. NO ONE HERE is saying it's a good game or well made. WHAT response to um? Are you talking about another website?

Yeah, it's a shit company making a game with bugs and a shit development time line.

Yeah we get it. No one is defending the shit, we are just enjoying the game ANYWAYS.

Like, in my point, people who enjoy Dwarf Fortress.
    Last edited by Hayes DuSid; August 5 2020 at 10:31:19 PM.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.
    Sayers, Gaudy Night (1935)

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    So on another note, can someone explain to me how "liftime insurance" for people who paid $$$ for the ships allows pvp to be meaningful?
    No body knows, the official multiplayer will never come out in a balanced manner anyways so it's not like it matters.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes DuSid View Post
    So on another note, can someone explain to me how "liftime insurance" for people who paid $$$ for the ships allows pvp to be meaningful?
    No body knows, the official multiplayer will never come out in a balanced manner anyways so it's not like it matters.
    Life Time Insurance is just a permanent insurance state on your ship.
    Everyone else can put insurance on their ship, but will have to pay with ingame currency for it.
    It is only supposed to cover the Hull + default load out. But atm it is modified mods also due to game stability issues.
    And ships being broken for reasons unknown, where the only fix is reclaiming it.

With the amount of time it takes to buy ships ingame, it would be unplayable without a insurance system.
    If you are suicide ganking with ships like in EVE, the replacement timer is going up. So you won't have an infinite numbers of ships to zerg with.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Everyone else can put insurance on their ship, but will have to pay with ingame currency for it.
    It is only supposed to cover the Hull + default load out. But atm it is modified mods also due to game stability issues.
    And ships being broken for reasons unknown, where the only fix is reclaiming it.

With the amount of time it takes to buy ships ingame, it would be unplayable without a insurance system.
    If you are suicide ganking with ships like in EVE, the replacement timer is going up. So you won't have an infinite numbers of ships to zerg with.
    Let me ask you, honestly VARRAKK, do you believe that will be the final implementation? CIG can't find it's own ass in the dark when it comes to finalized systems in this. I'm willing to suggest that the replacement timer will be meaningful for now, but I also believe that they're considering something else in the background and might still change it.

The real game is going to be the player modded version with balance fixes and QoL improvements, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

Let me ask you, honestly VARRAKK, do you believe that will be the final implementation? CIG can't find it's own ass in the dark when it comes to finalized systems in this. I'm willing to suggest that the replacement timer will be meaningful for now, but I also believe that they're considering something else in the background and might still change it.

The real game is going to be the player modded version with balance fixes and QoL improvements, in my opinion.
    How do you do that when they run the servers?
    Without Risk vs Rewards, PvP will be meaning less.

But they can't change the LTI.
    The system will be fine as long as it only covers Hull.
    If you later on can put insurance on modules, as they are fucking expensive, that is also okay.

And the exotic ships should have a long replacement timer.

Its interesting to see the move from the avid fans shitting all over the people coming into the forum to ask questions a few years back, to the random people who have no actual interest outside of being bitter coming in to shit on basically just Hayes whos sitting here having fun and defending that you can.

In other news, I have fun with this game. Not lots, and theres plenty of other things I enjoy, but I have fun with it. Once every few months at each patch I do the save-the-boarded-890 mission (and now the free-prisoners-on-a-sabotaged-ship mission), and enjoy the hell out of them, as they're a glimpse of exactly what I want this game to be.

If your only way to attain fun in this game is to shittalk it and anyone who can enjoy it, who's having a better time?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Its interesting to see the move from the avid fans shitting all over the people coming into the forum to ask questions a few years back, to the random people who have no actual interest outside of being bitter coming in to shit on basically just Hayes whos sitting here having fun and defending that you can.
    There are plenty of us enjoying the game in it's current form but just not engaging in the annual shit stirring. Development planning is a train wreck for sure but it's a fun wreck and I'm enjoying the ride.

avid fans shitting all over the people coming into the forum to ask questions a few years back
    Did that happen?

The only people who've posted here over the last 2 years tend to be fairly positive on the potential of this game (if it actually gets released) and as such seem more than happy to share the positive aspects and answer questions.

However I do remember people like orca(?) and lallante just coming in here purely to troll and shit all over anyone who was still emotionally and financially invested.

Simple explanation: the avid fans realised they were being taken for a ride and now want to get mad about frauds selling thousand dollar jpegs.

The fascinating thing is the tendency for people to defend their decision to buy thousand dollar jpegs as being a reasonable personal choice.

I'm liberal enough to go along with it but to many it looks like the ravings of a "I just like it and anyway I can stop at any time" heroine junkie.

This is quite separate from the game itself which is in my opinion so incredibly boring that there just isn't anything to discuss

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by friznit View Post
    There are plenty of us enjoying the game in it's current form but just not engaging in the annual shit stirring. Development planning is a train wreck for sure but it's a fun wreck and I'm enjoying the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    avid fans shitting all over the people coming into the forum to ask questions a few years back
    Did that happen?
    Yes

And yes, theres been people coming in to troll steadily for a long time, and all the people who never really engaged in the first place (possibly because uncomfortable with hate) stay unengaged and theres no real discussion about SC here, just a rotating timewaste of "you cant have fun because you paid them loads of money to develop something that isnt done yet" vs "but I AM having fun".

More on the subject - the new airborne flight mechanics are great fun in the little boats, and the different ships handle nicely differently. I am quite pleased with each big step they deploy at the moment, still.

I was finding wind/turbulence interesting, and it does add something to atmospheric flight; but then I was mining in a fully parked Prospector with landing gear down and engines off, and the fucking wind picked me up apparently and threw me onto my mining laser, blew up my mining gun, damaged my power such that I couldn’t take off any more.

I don’t mind if I’m flying and it interferes, but not only is it now semi impossible to land near ore, but even being landed doesn’t protect you from being flipped and thrown on some moons.

It’s probably fine but I’m quite irritated with how bullshit it felt and having no warning or counter other than ‘I guess never go near the ground ever.’

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    I have a freelancer still

Fat space trucker yo

Butthole
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    I have a freelancer still

Fat space trucker yo

Butthole
    With there having just been a patch, we don't know if it's still relatively stable, but space trucking has been pretty fulfiling so far in the 'verse. I actually recommend it. I used a freelancer mis (military version) to go do small trades for a while and then boxes for a while. I got annoyed with physics and changed up to mining, but if you can get over being semi permanently lost and managing stupid boxes, maybe give it a go again cullnean.

Also, with basically every flyable ship being in game earnable and some persistence, it's kind of worth it to also just space truck until you get a Caterpillar and then space truck in that fat bus.

Just had another 2h session with mining. No stability issues encountered. I'm surprised as fuck!

Also, with basically every flyable ship being in game earnable and some persistence, it's kind of worth it to also just space truck
    Are they doing character asset resets still though? or is it at a point where you can earn ships ingame for good?

Also, with basically every flyable ship being in game earnable and some persistence, it's kind of worth it to also just space truck
    Are they doing character asset resets still though? or is it at a point where you can earn ships ingame for good?
    Not that often.
    Money is reset least of all. But sometimes they have to wipe ships and other assets. But they try to avoid it a much as possible.

I get character wiped often enough, but it's 20 seconds to fix, asset and money wipes are actually quite far apart. I would say I've had my stuff for like 4 months now.

The wipes do happen once in a while but it's totally worth getting some progress in as you can get several ships and just dick around in them without getting a wipe in between.

I have had quite a bit of fun hunting down players with bounties on their heads.

The criminal system is probably the most complex and deep version I have ever dealt with in this type of game. It has it's flaws, but bagging the bounty on a mass murderer when you know they are going to wake up in prison with a 10+ hour prison sentence is hillarious. It's even better when they escape prison and you get another bounty mission about the 'escaped criminal' to send them straight back in. Forcing people to mine in prison tickles me just right.

There has been some serious salt in global chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    I have had quite a bit of fun hunting down players with bounties on their heads.

The criminal system is probably the most complex and deep version I have ever dealt with in this type of game. It has it's flaws, but bagging the bounty on a mass murderer when you know they are going to wake up in prison with a 10+ hour prison sentence is hillarious. It's even better when they escape prison and you get another bounty mission about the 'escaped criminal' to send them straight back in. Forcing people to mine in prison tickles me just right.

There has been some serious salt in global chat.
    * Keeps digging his hole in prison.

I never want to get caught again.