hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 443 of 446 FirstFirst ... 343393433440441442443444445446 LastLast
Results 8,841 to 8,860 of 8915

Thread: Chris Roberts is back. (Star Citizen / Squadron 42 thread)

Flew the starfarer in the 3.10 ptu 2 versions ago a week ago and damn it was like steering a bathtub on concrete floor.
    Ended up crashing into the ground when attempting to land.
    Flew my good old sabre and 325 and buccaner and cutlass and they handled amazingly. The atmospheric flight requires you to be alert or you might loose control. Flying the argo cargo shuttle it flew around like a leaf in a storm. So Cig will need to do alot of tweaks on each individual ship. Some ships are totally unusable but Im sure Cig will do more work on the flightmodel or tweak the ships been hit more hard than others.

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeway84 View Post
    Flew the starfarer in the 3.10 ptu 2 versions ago a week ago and damn it was like steering a bathtub on concrete floor.
    Ended up crashing into the ground when attempting to land.
    Flew my good old sabre and 325 and buccaner and cutlass and they handled amazingly. The atmospheric flight requires you to be alert or you might loose control. Flying the argo cargo shuttle it flew around like a leaf in a storm. So Cig will need to do alot of tweaks on each individual ship. Some ships are totally unusable but Im sure Cig will do more work on the flightmodel or tweak the ships been hit more hard than others.
    To be fair to them, it is their initial implementation of drag and atmospheric interference, so tweaking literally begins from here.

I'm infinitely irritated that the 600i, supposedly over engined and super powerful, is a fucking bus that struggles to lift off at all. Yet I would rather have this than that infinite maneuverability thing we had previously, with big ships being nearly perfectly maneuverable and just forever turretting.

Meanwhile, is it just me or is something up with the economy? I did some mining runs and I feel like I didn't make significant profit, or that I was charged more for something.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.
    Sayers, Gaudy Night (1935)

Using the booster when you try to take off?

I don't think this physics thing is going to work. They will have to put in some cheat modifiers to makes all the ships feel flyable in atmosphere.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

I don't think this physics thing is going to work. They will have to put in some cheat modifiers to makes all the ships feel flyable in atmosphere.
    Some are not supposed to be. You try to land a Bengal, you deserve what you get

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post

Some are not supposed to be. You try to land a Bengal, you deserve what you get
    No, but there are ships that are intended for landing on surfaces, that can't take off without help. Like Starfarers. And currently cargo isn't even factored in for take off weight.

There's a lot more factors to be incorporated yet. Control surfaces etc.

+1 on the 600i disappointment bus. My first impression of the new flight model was taking off in the 600i during a snow storm in NB. It didn't end well.

I'm not trying to be a hater, but bloody hell. How is it they're able to get anything done at this rate?

Star Citizen dev offers roadmap for development of new development roadmap

This almost reads like an Onion article.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Eric Roberts is pretty obviously better at his job than Chris Roberts, presumably we're seeing inter-studio drift and struggle between the team in Manchester making the single player game and Houston fucking everything they touch with feature creep in the multiplayer universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Remember that they are making two games and with everybody working from home is causing issues.

Working in office with your team is much more efficient. We all should have noticed this by now.
    So if one area is struggling, it will have ramifications for the rest of the company.

Right now, the biggest bottleneck for CIG is the networking infrastructure.
    Server Meshing is the holy grail, and it is causing so many problems with development right now. And have been for the last couple of years.

I'm pretty sure the hundreds of millions of dollars and years and years of wasted development time indicate a pretty horrible failure of a studio. There have been genre great originals and sequels out in the time they've made a barely functioning skeleton of one game.

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    I'm pretty sure the hundreds of millions of dollars and years and years of wasted development time indicate a pretty horrible failure of a studio. There have been genre great originals and sequels out in the time they've made a barely functioning skeleton of one game.
    Cool story bro. I’m still confused, why you don’t talk shit to the dwarf fortress guys? The game looks shit for something that’s been developed for as long as it has.

Length of development and cost sunk into development doesn’t just automatically make a polished, perfect game. The studio might be failing in 90% of its iterative takes on something, but that’s also what we agreed to get in on when we backed the project. They gave warning that it might never come out, they told us it would be under construction until they felt it was just right.

This is the ride. It was pitched and we are on it now. I am having fun with what’s released, just like the guys who play dwarf fort are having fun with that game. It isn’t entirely understandable to everyone but who the fuck cares.

I just do not understand why we have 6 years of half assed ‘lol the game isn’t out’ jackasses here. Why does THIS game draw your ire for half a decade. Get over it already, or have something to do with your time.

btw Hayes, they have unfucked the 600i in atmospheric flight

btw Hayes, they have unfucked the 600i in atmospheric flight
    In a way, yes. I can take off now. So that’s a win. But now it occasionally rolls uncontrollably and the fix is to turn off the engines and let yourself crash. Doesn’t happen often, but quite irritating.

I’ve decided to use the MISC Razor for sight seeing and then the Prospector for cash grind. Now that you can get basically all the ships in game without real money, it’s time to fill out my fleet a little and enjoy the ships I don’t have in the bits of planets and moons I haven’t explored.

My new mild irritation is that the armours that protect from low temp, also suck balls to walk around in. You walk noticeably slower. Adding in the water and food requirements and the fact that there’s a very shite inventory management UI, it’s all just that tiny bit too frustrating to call really fun.

Also I’m shit at shooting guns and dodging incoming fire in the FPS part of the game, that’s purely on me.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.

There is a setting you can deactivate to give you more thrust when taking off.
    ATM ships will only use 0,5g. This will make it harder to land and take off, but now you got all the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes DuSid View Post
    Cool story bro. I’m still confused, why you don’t talk shit to the dwarf fortress guys? The game looks shit for something that’s been developed for as long as it has.

Length of development and cost sunk into development doesn’t just automatically make a polished, perfect game. The studio might be failing in 90% of its iterative takes on something, but that’s also what we agreed to get in on when we backed the project. They gave warning that it might never come out, they told us it would be under construction until they felt it was just right.

This is the ride. It was pitched and we are on it now. I am having fun with what’s released, just like the guys who play dwarf fort are having fun with that game. It isn’t entirely understandable to everyone but who the fuck cares.

I just do not understand why we have 6 years of half assed ‘lol the game isn’t out’ jackasses here. Why does THIS game draw your ire for half a decade. Get over it already, or have something to do with your time.
    Add to which even in it's current broken state it's the best in genre out there.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar

What is "Simping for a videogame"

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    What is "Simping for a videogame"
    I'll take, backing a game that doesn't promise to deliver anything for $25,000 Alex.
    Last edited by Hayes DuSid; August 5 2020 at 07:29:18 PM.

Fucking lol.

Also, you are aware that Dwarf Fortress is free, right?

If people keep pumping money into Chris Roberts' endeavour, Star Citizen might at least become a game that has been in development almost as long as DF has been a full, working, supported and continually developed game though.

They gave warning that it might never come out
    Ah yes, I remember the kickstarter campaign for "support this game that might never come out". Not.

The studio might be failing in 90% of its iterative takes on something, but that’s also what we agreed to get in on when we backed the project.
    This is amazing. Do you also buy knifes from TV?

Why does THIS game draw your ire for half a decade.
    It's more the fans that deploy the most ludicrous posting once anyone dares to say "um..." that keeps the non-sunk cost citizens coming back to threads like these, really.

"Ermagerd but look at Dwarf Fortress!" is one of the funnier reaches I have personally witnessed even when it comes to SC though. When you desperately try to shit on a free ascii game developed by two guys that has actually put its stamp on videogame development and creative history to put a several hundred million dollar endeavour into a better light, the problem definitely does not lie with you. /s

This is the ride. It was pitched and we are on it now.
    This is the weird cult-like mentality people have been mentioning I presume.
    Last edited by FatFreddy; August 5 2020 at 09:30:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    So on another note, can someone explain to me how "liftime insurance" for people who paid $$$ for the ships allows pvp to be meaningful?