hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 448 of 449 FirstFirst ... 348398438445446447448449 LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,960 of 8979

Thread: Chris Roberts is back. (Star Citizen / Squadron 42 thread)

The work behind the new interface and engineering stuff looks pretty cool.

That UI is very swanky. Much next gen feels. But is it just a little too busy?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    The work behind the new interface and engineering stuff looks pretty cool.

That UI is very swanky. Much next gen feels. But is it just a little too busy?

I'll take literally anything over the current mess tbh. That does look a lot nicer, but it does look really busy and i feel is still going to be stupidly hard to see in many situations.

When he says "we decided the UI in the game is ok but" i nearly died though.
    Last edited by Isyel; November 3 2020 at 12:48:18 PM.

Thats an everything UI. It will be "intelligent".
    Stuff like Altimeters and Compass will be off in space.
    When you enter combat, a combat layout appears etc.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Good to know, nice.

Still worried about visibility but as i said, anything is better than the current mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Good to know, nice.

Still worried about visibility but as i said, anything is better than the current mess.
    Visibility is "solved" with the new building blocks UI. Some ships already, I believe the new ships + Gladius got the contrast hud.

Seems they are confident iCache & Servermeshing will be functional soon and ramping up world building.

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    I initially typed out a much saltier reply here about the roadmap and the inability to even somewhat show us what they're aiming for because they can't keep anything going... but instead:

The Nomad is actually kind of funny. I love the joke about it being shittily designed because it's making fun of the Cybertruck. I love that they're keeping the spoof of Elon Musk going, and I quite appreciate the progress made on ships. The holograms of ships unreleased so far have shown some iterations on stuff and that's nice to see as its happening.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.
    Sayers, Gaudy Night (1935)

CIG do deserve salty replies on many levels imho, but it does 'feel' like there's momentum building and progress evident....

I got myself a MSR and I must say it's great. Really well done. V close to getting a Corsair yesterday, but thought I'd wait to see it in the flesh.

Had a look around the Reclaimer when it was on display. Now whoever did the interior on that ship needs to be in charge of ships full stop. Atmospheric and very well done.

Couldn't justify getting one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarp View Post
    CIG do deserve salty replies on many levels imho, but it does 'feel' like there's momentum building and progress evident....

I got myself a MSR and I must say it's great. Really well done. V close to getting a Corsair yesterday, but thought I'd wait to see it in the flesh.

Had a look around the Reclaimer when it was on display. Now whoever did the interior on that ship needs to be in charge of ships full stop. Atmospheric and very well done.

Couldn't justify getting one though.
    Just get the a CCU to Corsair, the cheapest one possible from a ship available year round. Like one of the Connies. And have spare LTI CCU platforms in your hangar.

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    So now I’m just waiting to see if the RSI reveal ship is as cool as the speculation (4 size 8 laser repeaters and a stupid ramming front). I can’t justify buying it straight up, but if it’s within a couple dollars of something I don’t mind melting, I might get on board the stupid pew pew ship for the memes.

If it’s not close to anything i feel comfy parting with, I’m going to skip this one. The best preview I’ve seen is the endeavor, thank god they didn’t forget it like they completely forgot the passenger space liner.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes DuSid View Post
    So now I’m just waiting to see if the RSI reveal ship is as cool as the speculation (4 size 8 laser repeaters and a stupid ramming front). I can’t justify buying it straight up, but if it’s within a couple dollars of something I don’t mind melting, I might get on board the stupid pew pew ship for the memes.

If it’s not close to anything i feel comfy parting with, I’m going to skip this one. The best preview I’ve seen is the endeavor, thank god they didn’t forget it like they completely forgot the passenger space liner.
    Did you go for it ?

I CCU'd a Carrack for it. Part of a pack so got LTI on it.

Did you go for it ?

Nice, good plan.

I did end up going for it, I want to believe in the project, and I've been pretty uninterested in everything else this year.

I'm uncertain how well it's going to perform realistically, with two turrets that have not very well overlapped firing zones, I suspect it'll struggle to compete with 3 600i's or the Perseus and two people in turrets. Still, that can be said to be true for many other ships, so I'm going to ignore that and assume that someone will find a fun or funny use for it. It's got a good sized cargo hold that something more fun can fit into; it's got computer slots so if they realise their "pilot controlled turrets if you use computer power" plan; it's got a strong shield and power gen so there's probably going to be a set up of weapons/modules that ends up being hilarious annoying if shit.

Like, putting distortion guns on the auto turrets and then the most rapid fire s7 or 6 weapon in the universe and just shutting down anyone who flies near without any skill and slowly aiming at them with the big guns to just melt them before they recover from distortion.

Obviously, in the end, it's probably just going to be disappointment, but I'll bank on maybe having a good time.

So now Iím just waiting to see if the RSI reveal ship is as cool as the speculation (4 size 8 laser repeaters and a stupid ramming front). I canít justify buying it straight up, but if itís within a couple dollars of something I donít mind melting, I might get on board the stupid pew pew ship for the memes.

If itís not close to anything i feel comfy parting with, Iím going to skip this one. The best preview Iíve seen is the endeavor, thank god they didnít forget it like they completely forgot the passenger space liner.
    Did you go for it ?

Nice, good plan.

I did end up going for it, I want to believe in the project, and I've been pretty uninterested in everything else this year.

I'm uncertain how well it's going to perform realistically, with two turrets that have not very well overlapped firing zones, I suspect it'll struggle to compete with 3 600i's or the Perseus and two people in turrets. Still, that can be said to be true for many other ships, so I'm going to ignore that and assume that someone will find a fun or funny use for it. It's got a good sized cargo hold that something more fun can fit into; it's got computer slots so if they realise their "pilot controlled turrets if you use computer power" plan; it's got a strong shield and power gen so there's probably going to be a set up of weapons/modules that ends up being hilarious annoying if shit.

Like, putting distortion guns on the auto turrets and then the most rapid fire s7 or 6 weapon in the universe and just shutting down anyone who flies near without any skill and slowly aiming at them with the big guns to just melt them before they recover from distortion.

Obviously, in the end, it's probably just going to be disappointment, but I'll bank on maybe having a good time.
    I looked long and hard at it, because it certainly looks sexy. Ended up spending 1/10 of the money upgrading a LTI token to a Gladius instead. I decided that while it might fit a valuable balance niche in the combat world of fighter, hammerhead/polaris/perseus, cap ship, that niche isn't worth $600 (to me) when A) it's a pretty narrow and specific niche and B) I wanted to vote with my wallet towards them finishing more things rather than adding new things. It also occurred to me that all of these roles (fighter screen, anti-fighter, anti-corvette, and anti-cap) can basically be at least half-assed by an Idris (although expensively, in game) so why spend more real money to only do one of them.

All this being said, once the game gets more optimized and being a crewmember has more gameplay, I'll happily sit in one of your turrets making big dakka guns go brrrrt.

Amusingly,

I try to play this game weekly, sometimes skipping if stability of a patch is terrible or there's too much traffic because of a free fly or something, and I spend 90% of my time in either a 600i or a Prospector. I barely touch anything else any more. I guess I've gotten a little lazy with experimenting and I just want to make some cash, be able to upgrade any ship if I wanted to and then blow my cash on stupid guns that don't work.

However, once the game's got a stable playerbase of us FHCers, I obviously intend to just spawn and lend any ship out to our org mates. I'm sort of uninterested in pvp in this game so far. I suppose if we had a 5-10 man pve operation to accomplish, I'd be in for that too but then I feel the Hammerhead would reslove most situations better as I just don't see Cap ships being too prevalent until we get to really large player ops and we don't have the organization to make that kind of thing happen here.

Which is hilarious as I think we have like 7 Idrises and a Javelin in our hangars combined, assuming everyone on our ship tracker is still active and willing to play with FHC bros but there's no hope of enough of us being around at the same time to make playing with them all be viable.

I already have the Polaris, and Perseus didn't look worth it to me.

Amusingly,

I try to play this game weekly, sometimes skipping if stability of a patch is terrible or there's too much traffic because of a free fly or something, and I spend 90% of my time in either a 600i or a Prospector. I barely touch anything else any more. I guess I've gotten a little lazy with experimenting and I just want to make some cash, be able to upgrade any ship if I wanted to and then blow my cash on stupid guns that don't work.

However, once the game's got a stable playerbase of us FHCers, I obviously intend to just spawn and lend any ship out to our org mates. I'm sort of uninterested in pvp in this game so far. I suppose if we had a 5-10 man pve operation to accomplish, I'd be in for that too but then I feel the Hammerhead would reslove most situations better as I just don't see Cap ships being too prevalent until we get to really large player ops and we don't have the organization to make that kind of thing happen here.

Which is hilarious as I think we have like 7 Idrises and a Javelin in our hangars combined, assuming everyone on our ship tracker is still active and willing to play with FHC bros but there's no hope of enough of us being around at the same time to make playing with them all be viable.
    I'm hoping that they ultimately sort out the AI crewmembers so they're at least semi-competent enough to do capital/fleet NPC missions without a bunch of additional humans. I frankly don't see how you could really get 10-12 people manning a single turret/helm station on a big ship and still all have fun. That being said, I totally expect (and hope from a balance standpoint) that those 10-12 people or a group of 10-12 fighters and bombers should dominate one player plus his AI hires in a cap ship. But PVP capability and PVE capabilities will hopefully be different things.

Edit: also, with the number of Javelins/Krakens/Idrises sold over the years, not to mention all of the smaller corvettes, RSI is going to have to give some gameplay options to these (large) backers that doesn't depend on forming up for what is essentially a raid.

Perseus is very compact

(Polaris -> Nautilus -> Hammerhead -> Perseus -> Constellation)

I added more ships to my collection rsi apollo medevac, rsi perseus, updated some of my old ships insurance stuff from 6 months or 12 months to 120 months IAE versions.
    melted standard carack and kept c8x version, melted one of my 2 prospectors picked up corsair and vulture with credits and picked up a idris-p and got the beam weapon upgrade kit.
    also picked up the new nomad for LTI token and for freshness.
    Going to be living on frozen foods and pasta the rest of the month but whatever not like i was going to spend them on beer and shit during the lockdown

Pretty cool that they showed off the work in progress on the C2 and Nova tonk started to ramp up in the latest dev video on youtube.
    Last edited by Janeway84; November 29 2020 at 06:51:30 PM.

I don’t know why I’m so happy with the Tonk when I barely do ground combat, but I grin like an idiot when there’s news for it. I’m imagining just dropping at one of the security outposts and just killing the outside guards before doing the rest the normal way.

The Idris and Perseus are sudden increases to your fleet I somehow didn’t expect. It’s not like I’m ignoring the game, but I do push it to the back of my mind because I feel like it’s 5 years away from PTU release of any real significant sort.

(Did anyone else see the my face is tired similarity?)
    I just assumed this was meant for the discussion thread so I'm copy pasta-ing.