hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3340414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: General MLP:FIM Discussion (characters, production, information, etc)

I don't think she'll have much say over it unfortunately, since she is only to oversee "girl's properties" right now.

Though, I'm curious if they created a similar position for boy's properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    So Meghan McCarthy has been promoted from Producer and Story Editor of MLP to "Head of Storytelling" for all of Hasbro's properties. She will continue to have high level control over the show, but if you have noticed, M. A. Larson has stepped into the Story Editor position for season 5.

http://variety.com/2015/biz/news/has...ng-1201512550/
    I just realized this means she can tell Michael Bay to sod off, so there won't be a Bayformers 5.
    There will be a Transformers 5. 1.1 billion reasons.
    Transformers, but not necessarily Bayformers.
    At this point they're the same thing. Spend $200mil, make $1.1bil. Even after Hollywood Accounting it's a big profit.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    At this point they're the same thing. Spend $200mil, make $1.1bil. Even after Hollywood Accounting it's a big profit.
    They're the last thing between us and getting buttfucked by california .

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    ERMAGERD

I go to check on Starswirl Academy for an update and find they're going to be at a convention in my city STARTING TOMORROW. And look who will be there! But I have to work the next two days.

Will go on Sunday.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Cool beans. Fiesta Equestria is in Houston at the end of the month, but I haven't heard jack regarding updates. They've done a poor job at securing guests and their website is a mess. Will have to see what happens but I probably will investigate thing just for a day.

But hey.. I get to be in Florida this weekend (will miss episode 100) and then start my new job as soon as I get back. Paychecks are nice.

Let us know how the con turns out.

I Just finished watching Steven Universe, and is coool veeery cool.
    point being it's not pony
    but I had the notion of finding some crossover fannart and on the process found that there really is a lot of hatred from SU fandom towards Bronies, basically they fear that we will hijack their show/fandom and transform into the neckbeard clopfiction inferno that some parts of Bronyverse has become

What are your thoughts on this? Have some of you tried SU or maybe faced some hatred?

Spoiler:

They have this Fusion thing on SU and their Fandon has generated dozens of these wacky fusion diagrams,

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Cool beans. Fiesta Equestria is in Houston at the end of the month, but I haven't heard jack regarding updates. They've done a poor job at securing guests and their website is a mess. Will have to see what happens but I probably will investigate thing just for a day.

But hey.. I get to be in Florida this weekend (will miss episode 100) and then start my new job as soon as I get back. Paychecks are nice.

Let us know how the con turns out.
    B my dick.

CON REPORT!

MLP-MSP was a decent diversion, if boring. Most of the fun stuff like the concerts, full VA panel and cosplay concert were yesterday. Today was more of a wrapup. Not much in terms of costumes, most of what I saw was pretty bad. One lady, however, had a perfect Photo Finish outfit and had the voice to boot. It was quite funny to hear her conversing with Tabitha during a panel.

Notes from the writer's panel with M.A. Larson and Ted Anderson:
    - M. A. draws inspiration for episodes from archetypes on The Brady Bunch.
    - Ted Anderson prefers Applejack, M.A. Larson prefers Rarity.
    - M.A. doesn't like to work on preschool shows. He feels constrained because he can't write episodes with conflict.
    - The "dedicated to Hannah" line in M. A. Larson's novel Pennyroyal Academy refers to his wife, Hannah.
    - There was a rejected episode storyline where Phillydelphia stopped taking cider shipments for some reason (I didn't catch what was said as I was in the back of the room and Larson was speaking quietly). This was a huge problem because a lot of the Apple family's earnings were from cider shipments to Phillydelphia, so AJ became a bootlegger.
    - The alicornization episode was originally written by M. A. Larson and involved a Pandora's Box of sorts that Celestia mailed to Twilight with a note essentially saying "You're ready to start learning more advanced magic, so here's some materials to help you. Wait until I arrive and we'll open it together." Twilight lets her curiosity get the better of her and opens it early, setting off a series of events. Part 1 would have ended with another note from Celestia saying "My faithful student, what have you done?" This script was passed off to several other people who completely changed things. Larson thought the episode that aired was good, but he would have done things differently.
    - Ted's writing tips: Never stop writing, never stop reading, going out for groceries is a great way to combat writer's block.
    - Ted's response to a girl asking why there were so few males, since the current male/female ratio was not favorable in the long term: "Equestria is on the brink of a population crash. Look forward to season 6!" Both Larson and Anderson went on to speak about how MLP is probably the only series where this question is asked, and how seldom people ask for more females in male-dominated shows if there is already a token female.
    - I missed the Episode 100 panel, but Ted wants to do a Bon-Bon origins story of her time in the Agency.
    - M. A. Larson's response to characters doing or saying things that seem uncharacteristic of them: "You have to allow your characters to go out-of-character, otherwise their scope becomes narrower and narrower, to the point where they become one-dimensional."
    - Ted wrote a comic plotline very similar to Magical Mystery Cure (without knowing of the episode's existence, which was still being worked on), wherein various ponies changed their type, i.e. unicorns became pegasi, earth ponies now were unicorns. Twilight and Celestia were devolved to basic ponies, a state lower than earth ponies (no idea how that works). Meanwhile, Apple Bloom became an alicorn. A lady piped up shortly after this and said that Creber had just learned of this and thought it was a hilarious idea.
    - Ted Anderson would be open to writing an episode if Larson would write a comic issue.

I couldn't stand more than two minutes of the bullying panel discussion because some sperglord asking questions was taking Internet people's opinions and posts far too seriously. Came in late to the VA panel with Tabitha, Cathy, Ingrid and BlackGryphon. Not much to report here, other than there were a lot of requests to say lines in-character (too many, and some of them were inappropriate). Also went to a artist's panel and didn't pick up anything new, other than a tip for shading. When starting out with shading, try anime-style hard shading. This can be done by shining a bright desklamp on an object and studying how high-contrast shadows curve around the object. Also, if you're having trouble with facial expressions, try drawing while sitting in front of a mirror and make the expressions yourself.

Vendor hall had a good selection of stuff. Saw one or two people who were charging for printing images from random deviantart accounts. Great rates ($5 for 8.5x11 prints), but probably without compensation to the artist. Picked up a few things, will post a image later. Plushies were hit or miss, and I didn't see any that I liked. Prices were $65 for minor characters and up to $80 for Starlight Glimmer and $105 for Tirek.

Starswirl Academy update: spoke with a developer and asked if there would be an update this year. He said they have far too many art assets right now and are resisting making more until the storylines are more fleshed out, which is the focus right now for everyone. Playable demo was there, Tai's uniform is now different.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Hasbro has trademarked "Guardians of Harmony" for toys and accessories. Any guess what that will be about?

As I was leaving the mall food court today after lunch I was surprised to hear 'Awesome As I Wanna Be' piped over the speakers. The mall's ice rink was playing it.

I'm guessing it's going to be the S6 toyline. Since we're a bit late to just now be trademarking the S5 toyline, even if it's not going to be rolled out until the end of the season.

Last edited by Nordstern; July 2 2015 at 03:31:15 AM.

Google Play has 'Slice of Life' available for free right now.

https://play.google.com/store/tv/sho...de-xTFQPcyZGTQ

New episode titles:

S6E03: Don't Hassle The Hoof

Airdate: TBD

Synopsis: When Flim and Flam themselves fall victim to a con artist, the Mane 6 are asked to track down the pegasus outlaw Hustle Hoof. But not everypony, especially Applejack, is eager to help.

Guest starring: David Hasselhoff
    S6E04: Feeling Like A Third Wing

Synopsis: Sunset Shimmer struggles to adapt to her new role in Equestria.
    S6E05: There's No Cave Like Home

Synopsis: Spike goes on a search for his parents.
    Might this be the one where Brandon Keener guest stars?

New episode titles:
    Where are you getting this likely bogus info?

Super Ponerator Global Moderator Evelgrivion's Avatar
    New episode titles:
    Where are you getting this likely bogus info?
    Indeed

The previously posted list was given when the only known titles were The Cutie Map and Castle Sweet Castle, and has since been confirmed all the way up through Do Princesses Dream Of Magic Sheep?

Season 6 this year? Huh?

I'm very happy, but that doesn't make much sense.

They must have doubled down on production during the hiatus. I want to say there is some strategy they have to all of this but who knows.

[](/lunashrug)

13 more weeks of episodes (assume 25+26 air the same day) brings us to October 10th. That only leaves around 11 weeks left of 2015 to start season 6 this year. Less if you consider that the last couple of weeks of December probably won't be the best time to launch a new season.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

WoT EU: Mortalitis

Super Ponerator Global Moderator Evelgrivion's Avatar