Page 452 of 463 FirstFirst ... 352402442449450451452453454455462 ... LastLast
Results 9,021 to 9,040 of 9248

Thread: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Lol Peacemaker
    Cena has turned into to much of a CCP shill to inspire any motivation to watch peacemaker.
    Yeah kinda wanted to hate it due to how much of a piece of shit he is but the show is actually enjoyable. Fortunately my piracy wont be supporting it/him.
    Is this because of his apology video for calling Taiwan a country during his F9 promotions or something else?
    That is the most obvious example. There is also the all the social media stuff he has been doing in china to help cultivate all those RMB he is hoping to earn. While the chinese "outrage" was high , it would not at all be surprising for him to have been paid by the CCP to make that apology.
    He is not the only example of people or companies chasing the $, just a very obvious one. There are many companies (tesla, walmart, apple, amazon etc) and some individuals, who hopefully history won't look kindly on for their greed.

As a side note if you are interested in a perspective what is currently going on China. From an American and a South African who lived in China for 10+ years , are married to Chinese ladies but were forced to flee . The ADVchina and ADV podcasts you tube channels are worth a watch. The old Stuff from when they were in China and use to motorcycle around all over China Vlogging is also very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Lol Peacemaker
    Cena has turned into to much of a CCP shill to inspire any motivation to watch peacemaker.
    Yeah kinda wanted to hate it due to how much of a piece of shit he is but the show is actually enjoyable. Fortunately my piracy wont be supporting it/him.
    Is this because of his apology video for calling Taiwan a country during his F9 promotions or something else?
    That is the most obvious example. There is also the all the social media stuff he has been doing in china to help cultivate all those RMB he is hoping to earn. While the chinese "outrage" was high , it would not at all be surprising for him to have been paid by the CCP to make that apology.
    He is not the only example of people or companies chasing the $, just a very obvious one. There are many companies (tesla, walmart, apple, amazon etc) and some individuals, who hopefully history won't look kindly on for their greed.

As a side note if you are interested in a perspective what is currently going on China. From an American and a South African who lived in China for 10+ years , are married to Chinese ladies but were forced to flee . The ADVchina and ADV podcasts you tube channels are worth a watch. The old Stuff from when they were in China and use to motorcycle around all over China Vlogging is also very interesting.
    For the F9 thing specifically I would expect that Universal Studios had a significant interest in undoing this mentioning of Taiwan (F9 made > $200 million in China eventually, Universal don't want to get locked out of that market because of some social media post) and Cena would have become immediately less bankable in major projects if he was "banned in China". No need for the party to get involved in any way other than via threats to Universal, which I think they make fairly regularly both directly and indirectly via e.g. censors. I doubt you'll find many aspiring or established Hollywood actors willing to go on record about the statehood of Taiwan.

I'm not saying that's not bad, but I don't think of it as a "John Cena problem".
    Last edited by GeromeDoutrande; January 17 2022 at 10:10:00 AM.

Peacemaker is brilliant!

This is what we needed for 2022.
    James Gunn got this anti-hero shit nailed down to perfection.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

So, lady and I don't watch terribly much tv, but we did stick with Lucifer to the end, just watched the final episode.

I honestly don't remember how I felt about quite a bit of the earlier seasons. I hated, i think, 3, liked the earlier ones well enough with some highlights; liked 4 and 5 well enough, but was frustrated with constant resets of character development.

In any case, I thoroughly enjoyed the final season. They dropped the stupid procedural elements and finally gave some character development that stuck. I hear some elements of the final season are controversial, but I think it was a very nice send-off, with most plot-holish aspects explained by characters acting on incomplete information.

So, lady and I don't watch terribly much tv, but we did stick with Lucifer to the end, just watched the final episode.

I honestly don't remember how I felt about quite a bit of the earlier seasons. I hated, i think, 3, liked the earlier ones well enough with some highlights; liked 4 and 5 well enough, but was frustrated with constant resets of character development.

In any case, I thoroughly enjoyed the final season. They dropped the stupid procedural elements and finally gave some character development that stuck. I hear some elements of the final season are controversial, but I think it was a very nice send-off, with most plot-holish aspects explained by characters acting on incomplete information.

So far, the boba show is only worth it if you are really really into Star Wars (i.e. for varrakk and myself)
    I have to admit that I'm really struggling to watch it.
    I want to like it.
    It is helmed by Filoni and Favreau so on paper it should be good...
    Also Fett seems to be all about the stoicism, why aren't you killing people?!
    Unless one of the flashbacks is going to be all about "violence isn't the way".
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Roseburn
    Nope.

user was banned for this lock

Just started watching Yellowjackets: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11041332/

It's like a mix of Lost, Mean Girls and Blair Witch, with Christina Ricci and Juliet Lewis. The first two episodes are good.

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    Just started watching Yellowjackets: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11041332/

It's like a mix of Lost, Mean Girls and Blair Witch, with Christina Ricci and Juliet Lewis. The first two episodes are good.
    How much Mean Girls is it on a scale from zero to fetch?

Yeah also good show, story arc planed about a couple seasons so no real resolution after the season finale.

Came across "Ted Lasso" while listening to a podcast with Jason Sudekis. Just finished watching the first season and it's an absolutely brilliant feel good comedy series to watch while winters darkness envelopes you.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

I need this to be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

The Mobility Scooter gang in the last Boba episode has me chuckling.
    And their "cybernetics" was more in the cute and dumb corner over cool, dangerous and effective.
    That part has to be one of the absolute worst things ever created for modern TV (at least when it comes to chase scenes). Jesus fucking christ... People should get fired and never allowed to work on entertainment again over that.
    Who ever director or what ever said "this looks great guys, lets go with it" and every single other person who didnt have the balls to stand up and say "no, thats atrocious! We cant let that be seen, we'll look like incompetent idiots if we release it!"
    The scooters where color coordinated. In metallic RGBY. For fucks sake...

Picked up a bit after that but still, I was looking at that part in absolute horror! Dream sequences is still the only thing good about it, overall its worse than Mando ever was. Fascinating tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

In the 4th episode we get more dream sequence, and boba says he is tired of being a hired gun.
    Well, we the fans and audience is not tired of boba being a bounty hunter.

In the 4th episode we get more dream sequence, and boba says he is tired of being a hired gun.
    Well, we the fans and audience is not tired of boba being a bounty hunter.
    I enjoyed ep4

Spoiler:
    SlaveI killing the bikers was a great sequence.

Hopefully the first 3 episodes were a blip and the rest will improve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Roseburn
    Nope.

user was banned for this lock

Hopefully they're mostly done with the flashbacks now and start adding some story into this thing. I don't really expect them to explain the magical transformation from BOBA FETT into cuddly lil' boba bear anymore this far into the show tbh.

lol just watched the FABULOUS hovervespa mods of tattoine

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Hmm, how does it rate for someone that watches CR for Matt Mercer mostly?

I am watching Yellowstone right now, and frankly speaking, current season is much weaker than I'd expected, for seven episodes not a single important event happened, it cannot even be compared with the previous season.In general, the fact that the entire Dutton family was able to survive without casualties after the end of the third season makes the subject very unrealistic, it is a quite difficult to worry about the lives of characters who have a such solid plot armor from the authors .