hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 398 of 402 FirstFirst ... 298348388395396397398399400401 ... LastLast
Results 7,941 to 7,960 of 8032

Thread: The TV Thread

  1. #7941

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    5,350
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Altered carbon had decent characters and setting, but boy did it fall short on the plot and writing
    Agreed. It tried too hard to mimic both Blade Runner asthetics and story-meandering. Which works for Blade Runner because of the source material. Not so for AC, as the books are actually good action-packed thrillers. Artificially slowing down the book's pace didn't work well.

    Still liked it, though. Would've watched a 3rd season.

  2. #7942

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    5,350
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Altered Carbon TV SHOW was shiny garbage
    the books are really good
    Season 1 was good. They just fucked up on Second season by replacing the main character in addition to a weak story.
    Welp ... that (=the sleeves) is basically the whole point of the book series. And AC actually had a big advantage over other shows with that, as it allowed to replace the actor of the main character with another one from season to season without the need to come up with some kind of absurd explanation.

  3. #7943
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Altered Carbon TV SHOW was shiny garbage
    the books are really good
    Season 1 was good. They just fucked up on Second season by replacing the main character in addition to a weak story.
    Welp ... that (=the sleeves) is basically the whole point of the book series. And AC actually had a big advantage over other shows with that, as it allowed to replace the actor of the main character with another one from season to season without the need to come up with some kind of absurd explanation.
    The audience gets visually connected to a character/actor.
    What works in a book, does not work in tv or movie adaptation! Its a third person point of view media.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  4. #7944
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    3,611
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Altered Carbon TV SHOW was shiny garbage
    the books are really good
    Season 1 was good. They just fucked up on Second season by replacing the main character in addition to a weak story.
    Welp ... that (=the sleeves) is basically the whole point of the book series. And AC actually had a big advantage over other shows with that, as it allowed to replace the actor of the main character with another one from season to season without the need to come up with some kind of absurd explanation.
    The audience gets visually connected to a character/actor.
    What works in a book, does not work in tv or movie adaptation! Its a third person point of view media.
    Agreed. Its a complex thing to make work, I thought having re-sleeveing as a "few-and-far-between"/last resort type of thing might have been an option but...eh...I dont know.
    I think that replacing the actor from s1 with someone that isnt as "good" (imho) also contributed, while overall the lesser season I still like s2, but mostly because the constant and new characters 2nd row characters, like the AI(s).
    Wouldnt have mind a s3 and s4, still think it would have been worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  5. #7945

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,592
    As i said, an anthology series can work (Fargo is probably the gold standard), but they didnt really switch up the plot in Altered Carbon, just the actor.

    It wasnt my biggest problem, but didnt help either.

  6. #7946
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,530
    That makes me just want Fargo S4 all that much more.

  7. #7947
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    7,234
    I just watched X-Files' "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose" and damm, it was an amazing piece of TV.

  8. #7948

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    632
    Somehow Raised by wolves got renewed for a second season.

  9. #7949

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    7,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    Somehow Raised by wolves got renewed for a second season.
    Well, it is utter religous bullshit with a big name to sell it and the best imdb rating ever, must be selling like oxy in murica.

  10. #7950
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    3,039
    ‘The Boys’ College-Set Spinoff Gets Fast-Tracked at Amazon Prime Video
    https://www.indiewire.com/2020/09/th...ge-1234588786/

  11. #7951
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    17,329
    Today’s ep of the boys was outstanding


    Butthole
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

  12. #7952
    Joshua Foiritain's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,231
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Awww. Guess regurgitating existing stuff is more profitable. I feel like the number of shows worth staying subscribed for is quickly reaching 0, are any of the other streaming services any good at producing (somewhat) original content?



  13. #7953
    Totally Not Larkonnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25, 2012
    Posts
    1,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Awww. Guess regurgitating existing stuff is more profitable. I feel like the number of shows worth staying subscribed for is quickly reaching 0, are any of the other streaming services any good at producing (somewhat) original content?
    'Away' was a new concept but turned out to be shitty melodrama. Intended to appeal to all but nobody really liked...


  14. #7954
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,991
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Today’s ep of the boys was outstanding


    Butthole
    Love Sausage deserves his own spin off show
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  15. #7955
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    3,611
    The Social Dilemma on Netflix. Not that we didnt sort of know already but its worth hearing it again, and it needs to be handled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  16. #7956
    Movember 2012 Steve the Pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Today’s ep of the boys was outstanding


    Butthole
    Love Sausage deserves his own spin off show
    Swinging through town like Spiderman.
    If money was a chicken, would the chicken be evil?

  17. #7957

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Pirate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Today’s ep of the boys was outstanding


    Butthole
    Love Sausage deserves his own spin off show
    Swinging through town like Spiderman.
    I thought for a second he was going to be the commie supe.

    Btw not too hyped about a spinoff. It screams "Karl Urban is too expensive, and we want to monetize the IP with some weaksauce bullshit before people catch on".

  18. #7958

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    632
    I see Utopia has been remade in US, anyone seen? Am assuming it's not as dark as original.

  19. #7959
    tulip's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    2,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    I see Utopia has been remade in US, anyone seen? Am assuming it's not as dark as original.
    They will never adequately replicate the magic that was Wilson Wilson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

  20. #7960

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    632
    New season of Fargo, does not dissapoint.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •