hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 392 of 398 FirstFirst ... 292342382389390391392393394395 ... LastLast
Results 7,821 to 7,840 of 7951

Thread: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    only jessica jones s1 of the netflix marvel things was worth the time, and that was mostly carried by David Teninch
    Oh come on, give some credit to Vincent D'Onofrio, it was the best camp since Raul Julia in Street Fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    only jessica jones s1 of the netflix marvel things was worth the time, and that was mostly carried by David Teninch
    Oh come on, give some credit to Vincent D'Onofrio, it was the best camp since Raul Julia in Street Fighter.
    Really enjoyed him in S3 of Daredevil. The story makes no sense in the Marvel Universe but that season was fun to watch and Vince was just the right amount of over the top

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Had to google it, I have no recollection at all about Kingpin from the marvel shows, so no, he wasn't a good villain

Your brain not working doesn't exclude people enjoying a camp villian.

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

holy fuck yes, I loved the series was wondering if it'd ever come back. Great news, looks fun as hell again.

I hadnt even realized that AOS was back on, caught up on S7. My guess is:

Spoiler:
    Fitz is dead / inside Simmons head. The timeline is so fucked that the only way out will be "collapse the timestream so that nothing happened at all"; I dont believe that they would wreck their own canon in the last few episodes otherwise.

Shame that they benched their best actor, but maybe he was just looking for something new.

Its fun enough but feels like an encore, like its over already. The ups and downs of having a definitive final season.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; August 1 2020 at 01:31:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post

Shame that they benched their best actor, but maybe he/she was just looking for something new.
    Its fun enough but feels like an encore, like its over already. The ups and downs of having a definitive final season.

I wondered about that and feared the worst. A lot of actors have been cast off for being asshats lately but this appears to be a scheduling collision and the actor will reportedly return last three episodes.

And yes, the last two seasons have been bad but still moderatly entertaining.

Another one of these:

umbrella academy 2nd season, pretty good.
    Same as 1st season I that felt like material was stretched maybe by 2 episodes.
    Would still recommend.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    I know I'm late to the game but what is Dark like? Netflix thinks I'll like it.
    Watch it with German, no dubbing, and prepare to watch it when you want to have it and only it on. Other than that it was my favorite TV series in the past few years, really loved it and though at times things seem a bit over the top, the whole show was just a great experience. Just go for it, Netflix is right.
    Dark was amazing. It's shameful it's not being talked about more.

sept looking good

Good days of Ridley Scott are long over, so I'm not holding my breath for this, even tho premise looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Good days of Ridley Scott are long over, so I'm not holding my breath for this, even tho premise looks interesting.
    This. If the plot, acting and script can hold up to the strangeness showed in trailer we may have something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    This. If the plot, acting and script can hold up to the strangeness showed in trailer we may have something...
    At least Ridley Scott knew his limits and didn't make any movies in the alien universe after alien 3 as he realized that his ideas for further movies were really shit.

Except he directed Prometheus.

And then Alien: Covenant....

Quote Originally Posted by Idara View Post
    And then Alien: Covenant....
    What are you talking about? All I see are some scripts that have been cancelled on quite early stage, due to lack of funding and interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    Would still recommend.

Just finished it. Pretty good, as far as sequels go.

For a second I thought (hoped) they would do a "rocks fall, everyone dies" ending. The cliffhanger felt forced / more wacky than anything else, especially after all the "buhuu my emotions" monologuing just before.

Spoiler:
    The timetravel plot is a bit used up. I think they have established by now that they follow the "cant escape fate unless you sidestep universes" time theory. Not sure if there is even any conflict in the stinger, why cant they just live happily ever after with their doppelgangers?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    Would still recommend.

Just finished it. Pretty good, as far as sequels go.

For a second I thought (hoped) they would do a "rocks fall, everyone dies" ending. The cliffhanger felt forced / more wacky than anything else, especially after all the "buhuu my emotions" monologuing just before.

Spoiler:
    The timetravel plot is a bit used up. I think they have established by now that they follow the "cant escape fate unless you sidestep universes" time theory. Not sure if there is even any conflict in the stinger, why cant they just live happily ever after with their doppelgangers?

I think the show is suppose to run 3 seasons