hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 389 of 402 FirstFirst ... 289339379386387388389390391392399 ... LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,780 of 8032

Thread: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    I'm willing to give a Fallout series a chance as long as it's completely disconnected from previous games/characters.

The occasional in-joke or reference is OK, but too much can ruin a good thing.
    Bethesda's Fallout in a nutshell. Maybe they'll even try and film it using the same 20 year old engine too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    I'm willing to give a Fallout series a chance as long as it's completely disconnected from previous games/characters.

The occasional in-joke or reference is OK, but too much can ruin a good thing.
    Bethesda's Fallout in a nutshell. Maybe they'll even try and film it using the same 20 year old engine too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Would watch if the camera does that pan/zoom to face a character each time someone starts talking.

Warrior Nun on Netflix. I'm two eps in and if anything can be/become the new modern Buffy this is it. Its actually really good so far.
    Production is good, dialog/script is good, actors and plot are delivering. Is it cringy at times? Yes, but it works. I'm genuinely enjoying it so far.

Cursing, drinking and doing drugs while working towards fighting demons as battle angels...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

I thought it was a joke when I read the blurb, is it really not that bad?

How does it compare to, lets say, Preacher?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post

I would say Lowa's approximating it to potentially being as good as Buffy is a fair. I am 3 episodes in and its not terrible. The English actress who sounds Australian is really annoying though.

Also just catching up on Doom Patrol, didn't realise it was live action. Enjoyable low budget TV.

It honestly isnt. I was/am as suprised as anyone tbh.

I mean...its not Preacher*. See it like the teens-ish version of Preacher; not as much cursing, no sex (yet) and not quite as much blood (but its enough, trust me).
    Dont be discouraged by my use of "teens", lets just face it; we are not as young as we were when Buffy was hot anymore, but I think the main intended audience for WN is the age we where back then.
    Though WN is a much more "hardcore" version, I went and looked at like a trailer for Buffy S1 and the similarities are just amazing IMHO.

*I loved Preacher S1 but lost steam after S2, havent seen more than half S3. Am I bad?

Edit: S/O for Doom Patrol, I posted on it here and it didnt seem to pick up interest by you plebs (I'm disappoint as my word is that of God) but it one of the "forgotten" gems of DC material that is actually really well made and engaging!
    I will be open with that I did not finish S1 when it came out but it wasnt because it was bad, it was more of a timing issue. Same this year, S2 out just for summer...
    Last edited by Lowa [NSN]; July 6 2020 at 07:31:48 AM.
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

I love those cheesy series: Van Helsing, Wynona Earp. Have put the nuns alreay on my watchlist.

[Fake Edit]
    Yeah...and Doom Patrol. Good fun.

Doom Patrol s2 is not reaching up the potential or quality of the first season.

Warrior Nun, only seen first episode but I already know I will like this show.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Adepta Señoritas has been pretty entertaining so far.

Aight so I picked it up, at episode 3 so far... which is the dreaded training montage. Not totally impressed yet, lots of angst. But i'll stick with it.

Spoiler:

Also holy politically incorrect nuns Batman, did the origin story really imply that a woman was chosen by God because she was particularly good at killing Moors during the Reconquista? Having a really hard time seeing any good guys in this show.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; July 7 2020 at 06:53:15 PM.

Aight so I picked it up, at episode 3 so far... which is the dreaded training montage. Not totally impressed yet, lots of angst. But i'll stick with it.

Spoiler:

Also holy politically incorrect nuns Batman, did the origin story really imply that a woman was chosen by God because she was particularly good at killing Moors during the Reconquista? Having a really hard time seeing any good guys in this show.
    Yeah, the whole origin story doesn't make any sense...
      Spoiler:

But they undo it in the last episode, so it makes a little bit more sense, at which point I think they also overdid it with the whole plot twist

What is umbrella academy like? Trailer for season 2 on my feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    Decent-ish, just with a unhealthy amount of timeplot and manifest destiny stuff

It's good clean fun but also what depili said.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    It's good clean fun but also what depili said.

Doom Patrol and Umbrella Academy have a similar setup: a bunch of losers with super powers more often than not dealing with themselves than with the villain(s). I like both.

If you want a "proper", but darker super heroes series, try Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Doom Patrol and Umbrella Academy have a similar setup: a bunch of losers with super powers more often than not dealing with themselves than with the villain(s). I like both.

I had completely forgot about Titans. So, worth checking out?

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

I had completely forgot about Titans. So, worth checking out?
    As a guilty pleasure? Certainly. Just remember that Titans tends feel a bit like a 90s darker and edgier comic.
    Teen Titans go (of all things) predicted it :

Titans has some extremely questionable design choices and cg, but is overall enjoyable.

Dear god are the first few eps dire though.

From the 3, Doom Patrol is actually good. Well written, batshit insane (Preacher levels of insanity, if not more so), interesting character and an overarching plot. Also Brendan Fraser, Timothy Dalton and Alan Tudyk.

Umbrella Academy is....well, it's clearly the bigger budget show, but by god does it have a lot of flaws. Enjoyable, but at times a little "urgh, come on".

Titans tries very hard to be edgy and I consider to be the more popcorn show out of the three. It's similar to Arrow and Flash imo. It's not...completely terrible, but it's a "turn off your brain and just watch pretty people beat stuff up with CGI and occasionally have high school drama."