hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 400 of 406 FirstFirst ... 300350390397398399400401402403 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 8,000 of 8110

Thread: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    MVP of course Karl Urban, for making me believe he was about to bludgeon a little boy to death.
    that was really the only time this season that he made me believe he was Billy Butcher, and not Karl Urban in big silly boots, but you're right he sold it hard at just the right moment.

Spoiler:
    loads of nitpicks in the finale: not sure how maeve got there, not sure how starlight was able to blast away without any obvious electronics around, a lot of the cinematography was kinda shoddy (i was distracted by the lights magically turning themselves off when Frenchy and Kimiko left the pawn shop, like, were they aiming for something stylized and magical or were they just lazy? when you can't tell what the director was trying to accomplish, generally that indicates a failure)

overall it was still a really enjoyable ride, even if the pacing in the more "personal growth story" periods felt a bit overdone. this season moved slower, but not always with confidence or purpose the way the first one did. i do hope they get a S3 because that setup with Huey at the end was just too good.
    Last edited by Ruri; October 9 2020 at 07:13:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Why are you all acting like you don't know it has been renewed for two seasons after first one?

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Why are you all acting like you don't know it has been renewed for two seasons after first one?
    ... i wasn't acting.

hey great news everyone! The Boys will be back for season 3!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post

Spoiler:
    loads of nitpicks in the finale: not sure how maeve got there, not sure how starlight was able to blast away without any obvious electronics around, a lot of the cinematography was kinda shoddy (i was distracted by the lights magically turning themselves off when Frenchy and Kimiko left the pawn shop, like, were they aiming for something stylized and magical or were they just lazy? when you can't tell what the director was trying to accomplish, generally that indicates a failure)

overall it was still a really enjoyable ride, even if the pacing in the more "personal growth story" periods felt a bit overdone. this season moved slower, but not always with confidence or purpose the way the first one did. i do hope they get a S3 because that setup with Huey at the end was just too good.

Maeve ex machina indeed was bad. Come to think of it, the A-Train assist was also out of the blue. Both kinda smell of "lets give everyone something to do in case this is a series finale". I dont really know why they took away flight powers from so many supes, maybe budget? Either way, her power set is really ill defined, apart from "is stronk".

Starlight was always able to use her powers to some degree, as long as theres some kind of energy source. See: the green room, which didnt have enough light / not the right wavelengths for her to power up.

Thats my reasoning at least.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; October 10 2020 at 01:00:58 AM.

... i wasn't acting.

Yup, by the looks of it, it will also be last one with biggest bang. Homelander is barely holding it together. I also like how they humanize him in some of the scenes, gives him more depth and allows for much bigger impact than if they went cardboard villain route.

The If is when the rona lets filming resume.

eeeehhhhhhhhhhhh

... i wasn't acting.

Yup, by the looks of it, it will also be last one with biggest bang. Homelander is barely holding it together. I also like how they humanize him in some of the scenes, gives him more depth and allows for much bigger impact than if they went cardboard villain route.
    He was pretty awesome this season, his acting was up there with Urban's. I liked the finale, was fun as hell, good ending too. Really liked the "don't be a cunt" moment, hopefully they make season 3 just as fun.

Victoria Pedretti recast in this as well as some of the other cast from Hill House which I find hilarious for reasons I can't really put into words

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    ... i wasn't acting.

He was pretty awesome this season, his acting was up there with Urban's. I liked the finale, was fun as hell, good ending too. Really liked the "don't be a cunt" moment, hopefully they make season 3 just as fun.
    Apparently Homelanders final scene was lifted from season 1, it got initially cut for being too edgy. Which maybe explains why i think it stuck out, i mean, the guy loses his lover, mother of his child, and son on the same day; and he chooses to jerk it to a full moon? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    ... i wasn't acting.

Apparently Homelanders final scene was lifted from season 1, it got initially cut for being too edgy. Which maybe explains why i think it stuck out, i mean, the guy loses his lover, mother of his child, and son on the same day; and he chooses to jerk it to a full moon? What?
    Nothing to do about that.
    He is the worlds mightiest, and Maeve got him by the balls.
    She can destroy his image and legacy which is everything he is and got.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

Nothing to do about that.
    He is the worlds mightiest, and Maeve got him by the balls.
    She can destroy his image and legacy which is everything he is and got.
    They got a bit of a MAD situation there and I wonder if they will use that in season 3 or ending with it as a cliffhanger. Regardless, next season can't come soon enough.

TIL (popping up on Prime Video): There's another TWD spinoff, World Beyond, go figure.

(Yes, I'm aware there's a dedicated TDW thread lurking around somewhere, but I didn't wanna negro that)

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    I didn't wanna negro that

ZoomerTV, senseless and merciless

Not for a second i am going to believe these plump hipsters have been surviving the apocalypse since their birth.
    Last edited by RazoR; October 13 2020 at 01:30:41 PM.

LOL!

Its finally getting into the time of year where being outdoor is going to suck and I can get back to all my half finished/missed series. There be binging at the horizon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

Spoiler:

Not for a second i am going to believe these plump hipsters have been surviving the apocalypse since their birth.
    But is it as good as The Tribe?

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post

Spoiler:

But is it as good as The Tribe?
    Apparently not yet - 3 points below.

They stem from a community (teacher/scientists & students) that survived in a nicely wall-gardened university campus. And finally no one tried something stupid while being safe behind walls. From that perspective, it makes sense.

Librul propaganda, in my zombie apocalypse? More likely that you think!

(seriously, that sounds like the most retarded setup to a YA series, ever).