hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 391 of 398 FirstFirst ... 291341381388389390391392393394 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,820 of 7947

Thread: The TV Thread

  1. #7801
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    2,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Snowpiercer Season 1 was p good.
    c
    i posted this after episode 8, with the thought "well that ended abruptly. nice"

    watched the finale 2 episodes. nice twist.

  2. #7802
    Totally Not Larkonnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25, 2012
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Snowpiercer Season 1 was p good.
    c
    i posted this after episode 8, with the thought "well that ended abruptly. nice"

    watched the finale 2 episodes. nice twist.
    Looking forward to

      Spoiler:
    Some Sean Bean action...
    Also, don't see it tying into the film at all as some previous posters have mentioned. It's a reboot...


  3. #7803
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    23,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Brave new world is out, based on the Book.
    It's got to be awful...
    Half a gramme for half a holiday!
    Confirming all the wasted potential and unnecessary changes

    MI8m8

  4. #7804

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    621
    Enjoyed umbrella academy. Thought it started and ended well , felt like it was prehaps 1 or 2 episodes more than the material.

    Robert Sheehan seems to be typecast after misfits.

  5. #7805
    DerWish's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    1,738

  6. #7806
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,933
    Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    Finally back to actual Archer.
    The coma seasons was starting to be tedious.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  7. #7807
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,911
    Edit: Not Dan Harmon apparently

    Why does this even exist?

    Last edited by Shaftoes; July 26 2020 at 02:51:43 PM.

  8. #7808
    Totally Not Larkonnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25, 2012
    Posts
    1,484
    Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    Surprisingly unexcited. Will watch anyway.


  9. #7809

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,542
    Call me crazy, I liked the themed seasons. They blew the good Spy jokes on S1/2.

    The real problem is that they got so very self-referential.


    Will still watch, I am in somewhat of a TV draught atm. I shudder to think what next year brings, with all the halted productions.

  10. #7810
    Ruri's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Exclamation, USA
    Posts
    2,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Edit: Not Dan Harmon apparently

    Why does this even exist?

    All the shorts done by other studios are cannon, according to Justin. I thought this one was p. fun, got some real Space Dandy vibes.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

  11. #7811
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    15,252
    Been watching the Netflix Marvel shows and the Agents of Shield show lately.

    Netflix stuff is pretty good. AoS is network TV cheese, but I kinda like it anyway.

    On a bit of a Marvel kick, shame the Black Widow movie got punted by COVID, was quite looking forward to it.


  12. #7812
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,274
    Daredevil is great just because of stunts.

  13. #7813
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,933
    I'm loving Perry Mason so hard, best show of 2020.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  14. #7814

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Been watching the Netflix Marvel shows and the Agents of Shield show lately.

    Netflix stuff is pretty good. AoS is network TV cheese, but I kinda like it anyway.

    On a bit of a Marvel kick, shame the Black Widow movie got punted by COVID, was quite looking forward to it.
    They are all cheese of course, but imo Punisher > Daredevil > Agents of SHIELD > the rest. I have a soft spot for AOS, although it did jump the shark in the past two seasons. I think i can pinpoint it to where they ran out of good villains and had to go all intergalactic time-travelling superheroes, so season 5 was already weak and it got silly from there.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; July 27 2020 at 06:31:02 PM.

  15. #7815
    Miriam Sasko's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Been watching the Netflix Marvel shows and the Agents of Shield show lately.

    Netflix stuff is pretty good. AoS is network TV cheese, but I kinda like it anyway.

    On a bit of a Marvel kick, shame the Black Widow movie got punted by COVID, was quite looking forward to it.
    They are all cheese of course, but imo Punisher > Daredevil > Agents of SHIELD > the rest. I have a soft spot for AOS, although it did jump the shark in the past two seasons. I think i can pinpoint it to where they ran out of good villains and had to go all intergalactic time-travelling superheroes, so season 5 was already weak and it got silly from there.
    Where does Agent Carter rank on your list?

  16. #7816

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,542
    I liked it well enough, but wasnt wowed by it. I view it as a prequel to AOS seasons 1-3, so roughly equal to that. Or maybe its AOS S1-S5 -> Jessica Jones S1 -> Agent Carter -> AOS S6+7.

    I havent really made a tier list :P

  17. #7817
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,911
    Generally I found season 1 of the Netflix marvel shows to be pretty decent, and then they run out of ideas. They tend to be a few episodes longer than they need to be too!

    Jessica Jones and Daredevil are good. I thought Luke cage was pretty eh. Defenders was crap, and I didn't even bother with Iron fist. Punisher is pretty good. It's one of the few that I like the second season more than the first.

    I don't think any of them hold a candle to The Boys on amazon. Closest is Jessica Jones season 1 with David Tennant.

  18. #7818

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    5,237
    Netflix announced another Witcher short-series, basically a prequel on how the Witchers came to be.


  19. #7819
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Generally I found season 1 of the Netflix marvel shows to be pretty decent, and then they run out of ideas. They tend to be a few episodes longer than they need to be too!

    Jessica Jones and Daredevil are good. I thought Luke cage was pretty eh. Defenders was crap, and I didn't even bother with Iron fist. Punisher is pretty good. It's one of the few that I like the second season more than the first.

    I don't think any of them hold a candle to The Boys on amazon. Closest is Jessica Jones season 1 with David Tennant.
    Daredevil gets better as it goes before it looses it's footing. Majority of Punisher's first seasone was great, entirety brought down by mediocre padding episodes to meet the season quota. Season 2 was just crap.

  20. #7820

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    7,539
    only jessica jones s1 of the netflix marvel things was worth the time, and that was mostly carried by David Teninch

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •