hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 247 of 254 FirstFirst ... 147197237244245246247248249250 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,940 of 5062

Thread: What Video Card can i exchange my kidneys for? [2021]

Pictures all over of the reference 7900XT. It's a 2-slot design with 2x8-pin standard connectors. Quite the contrast with the 4090.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Pictures all over of the reference 7900XT. It's a 2-slot design with 2x8-pin standard connectors. Quite the contrast with the 4090.
    Technically a 2.5-slot. But yes, quite the contrast.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

They are claiming x2 rasterisation performance over the 6000 series. That would be quite a feat if they are not lying through their teeth and could put their flagship up with / near a 4090.
    It's unlikely that RT will be anywhere near though.
    technology canít solve economic and political problems

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    They are claiming x2 rasterisation performance over the 6000 series. That would be quite a feat if they are not lying through their teeth and could put their flagship up with / near a 4090.
    Who is claiming that?
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Best source there is:

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Who is claiming that?
    AMD themselves iirc.

Thing is albeit the reference model has two eight pin connectors it is highly likely the non-reference cards will have three. Also fwiw the JEDEC standard for one eight pin is 150W but they can leisurely provide around 225W, so I would think the reference card is something that is clocked and volted "just right" to consume less power than the 4090 just so they can market it that way. When truly unleashed a 7900XT I'd wager may pull somewhere towards 800W with ease.

And yes, it makes sense that the raster power will be twice the one on the 6000 series, however nowadays it is more than that. RT is here to stay, so raster alone isn't enough. I'm looking at the 3090 how much more power it draws with RT on and how much hotter it gets and it makes me somewhat sad but the graphics look absolutely amazing.
    Last edited by Cosmin; November 3 2022 at 08:08:25 AM.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Well I guess we will find out more today.

Are we hyped for today? Im mildly hyped for today!

I have a feeling that we will just see AMD continue further down the Nividia path of customer wallet brutality though. We are just fleshbag ATM machines after all.

After all the bullshit of their last launch, I'm not that hyped. I have a card that's 'fine' so unless they can deliver 3090 performance at half the cost and half the power consumption, nothing's going to change in my house.
    technology canít solve economic and political problems

3h until the presentation starts.

I don't expect any cheap cards with 20-24GB memory.

No they're announcing the high end cards today, the 7900 and 7950 - they'll be at the 1200 -1400 level, I expect. Although AMD have made a lot of design choices that make these cards cheaper to produce - that RAM is not the top end GDDR6, for a start, and offloading the memory controllers and L3 cache to separate 6nm dies means that the main GPU die is literally half the size of the 4090 - they can pitch the the 7950 at 200 or so under the 4090 and just make more money until the mid range competition starts.

AMD chose to be dicks about it and launched the 7900XT and XTX at $900 and $1000 purely to make me look bad.

Fuckn AMD.

Hmm.. interesting.

I look forward to some real benchmarks.

and to see what happens to the 6900 pricing

Apparently the scheme is: AMD release comparatively low watt reference boards but the AIBs can take the 7900XTX up to 450W; apparently there's a lot of overclocking headroom and 3Ghz is quite doable.

AMD seem to have kept the same price level for the top card as with RDNA2, and if the 7800X appears at 650 or so like the 6800XT did then fuck it Ima get one.

I feel that availability is going to be pretty abysmal, so get in line quickly. 4080 will already be more expensive than the MSRP of the 4090, which is painfully hilarious. Best move now is either go Radeon 7900 or get a used 3090.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I feel that availability is going to be pretty abysmal, so get in line quickly. 4080 will already be more expensive than the MSRP of the 4090, which is painfully hilarious. Best move now is either go Radeon 7900 or get a used 3090.
    You mean buy a 3090 that has been mined to death?

Quote Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
    That's your interpretation of my advice, nobody says go and find a destroyed mined board and buy it. There are plenty of 3090 that weren't mined and even if it was mined if it was in a well ventilated area with A/C running I'd wager it still has more than enough years of life remaining.

That's your interpretation of my advice, nobody says go and find a destroyed mined board and buy it. There are plenty of 3090 that weren't mined and even if it was mined if it was in a well ventilated area with A/C running I'd wager it still has more than enough years of life remaining.
    The problem is that you can't see if a used card has been mined or not. Unless the seller is someone you know/trust of course.

Nvidia have actually made plenty of 4000 GPUs, they're deliberately throttling supply to encourage people to buy up those 3090s you refer to. They'll increase 4080 supply to drop prices when AMD release the 7800/700XTs in quantity.

The problem is that you can't see if a used card has been mined or not. Unless the seller is someone you know/trust of course.
    I agree it's not easy to find a card that hasn't been abused, then again I'd seriously rather get a card that was mined on an open platform in a well ventilated area with AC than some gamer gunk infested one (because Timmy doesn't hoover his basement and smokes next to the PC and what not).

Nvidia have actually made plenty of 4000 GPUs, they're deliberately throttling supply to encourage people to buy up those 3090s you refer to. They'll increase 4080 supply to drop prices when AMD release the 7800/700XTs in quantity.
    I'm sure NVIDIA is throttling 4090 supply so the used 3090 market takes off, Malc.