hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 185 of 211 FirstFirst ... 85135175182183184185186187188195 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,700 of 4219

Thread: What Video Card Should I Buy?

  1. #3681
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    19,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    Yet 10 years ago 12GB of DDR3 was only £120, so slower and a little less of it but I am not impressed by 10 years of innovation.
    They innovated their pricing scheme.

    Also, this is the video card thread, not the RAM thread.
    You cant add ram to your video card what is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  2. #3682

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    Yet 10 years ago 12GB of DDR3 was only £120, so slower and a little less of it but I am not impressed by 10 years of innovation.
    They innovated their pricing scheme.

    Also, this is the video card thread, not the RAM thread.
    You cant add ram to your video card what is this?
    Buy a laptop.


  3. #3683
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,979
    I was looking to upgrade my computer in late Feb.
    Just checked all the prices again, and they dropped on everything but motherboards thats gone up in price.
    RAM prices done a significant drop in just 3 months.


  4. #3684
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    11,931
    Sapphire Pulse RX 590: $160 with a lead time of 1-3 months. $200 with 2 games if you want it now.

    I may be unable to hold out for Navi.
    Last edited by Nordstern; May 25 2019 at 01:29:30 AM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

  5. #3685

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Sapphire Pulse RX 590: $160 with a lead time of 1-3 months. $200 with 2 games if you want it now.

    I may be unable to hold out for Navi.
    That is an awesome deal.

  6. #3686
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,033
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I was looking to upgrade my computer in late Feb.
    Just checked all the prices again, and they dropped on everything but motherboards thats gone up in price.
    RAM prices done a significant drop in just 3 months.

    I would really put a Noctua top end air cooler there instead of that MasterLiquid thingie, but other than that looks really nice. Hope the RAM is 16GB x2 rather than 8GB x4.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  7. #3687

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,729
    Top end noctuas are nice but fucking enormous and frankly pointless.

  8. #3688
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,979
    Going closed water cooler for less fan noise.
    And yeah, 2x16. Will double it to 64gb later on.

  9. #3689
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    7,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Top end noctuas are nice but fucking enormous and frankly pointless.
    They are, however, easy as fuck to install and give better performance than almost any equivalent cooler - only thing that will beat it out is a thick 360mm rad, which is more complicated to install and relies on your case having the mounting for it.

    For a 9900K, which is a hot chip with a lot of overclocking potential, it's definitely worth it, but I wouldn't say the MasterLiquid is a worse choice. Horses for courses.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  10. #3690
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Top end noctuas are nice but fucking enormous and frankly pointless.
    They are, however, easy as fuck to install and give better performance than almost any equivalent cooler - only thing that will beat it out is a thick 360mm rad, which is more complicated to install and relies on your case having the mounting for it.

    For a 9900K, which is a hot chip with a lot of overclocking potential, it's definitely worth it, but I wouldn't say the MasterLiquid is a worse choice. Horses for courses.
    My point is that the Noctua iron will not ever fail, unlike the pump in those all in one watercoolers. I have an AIO for testing purposes that I got off ebay for a complete steal and it's good. But I wouldn't 24/7 that shit in my desktop.

    Yeah, if you want to go proper water cooling top to bottom with a nice dedicated pump, I agree. AIOs are cancer not as durable
    Last edited by Cosmin; May 25 2019 at 05:21:14 PM.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  11. #3691

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,729
    Oh here we go again with the reeee AIO, its been many pages now. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post

    They are, however, easy as fuck to install and give better performance than almost any equivalent cooler - only thing that will beat it out is a thick 360mm rad, which is more complicated to install and relies on your case having the mounting for it.

    For a 9900K, which is a hot chip with a lot of overclocking potential, it's definitely worth it, but I wouldn't say the MasterLiquid is a worse choice. Horses for courses.
    Well yeah but it's not like the big ass noctua fits in everything either so needs planning either way. As you say though, both work alright so personal choice rly.

  12. #3692
    phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Jita IV-4
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Sapphire Pulse RX 590: $160 with a lead time of 1-3 months. $200 with 2 games if you want it now.

    I may be unable to hold out for Navi.
    Yeah, cheapest 590 (only PowerColor though) in germany starts at 170 € (incl 2 games) too … even more tempting Vega 56 starts at 240 € (incl 2 games too) … that begs the question if Navi will deliver more bang for the buck.
    Especially as according to last rumors its not expected to be much more power efficient than Vega too ...

  13. #3693

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    3,509
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Sapphire Pulse RX 590: $160 with a lead time of 1-3 months. $200 with 2 games if you want it now.

    I may be unable to hold out for Navi.
    Yeah, cheapest 590 (only PowerColor though) in germany starts at 170 € (incl 2 games) too … even more tempting Vega 56 starts at 240 € (incl 2 games too) … that begs the question if Navi will deliver more bang for the buck.
    Especially as according to last rumors its not expected to be much more power efficient than Vega too ...
    Considering Vega 56 is 5-10% slower than the 2060 and the rumored 400 dollar version of Navi is targetted against the 2060 I really fail to see the value proposition.


    Rumours.. I guess it's a good thing people are talking about competitors products but sometimes they get on my nerve, especially close to release. Speculation OTOH is fun.

  14. #3694
    phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Jita IV-4
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Sapphire Pulse RX 590: $160 with a lead time of 1-3 months. $200 with 2 games if you want it now.

    I may be unable to hold out for Navi.
    Yeah, cheapest 590 (only PowerColor though) in germany starts at 170 € (incl 2 games) too … even more tempting Vega 56 starts at 240 € (incl 2 games too) … that begs the question if Navi will deliver more bang for the buck.
    Especially as according to last rumors its not expected to be much more power efficient than Vega too ...
    Considering Vega 56 is 5-10% slower than the 2060 and the rumored 400 dollar version of Navi is targetted against the 2060 I really fail to see the value proposition.


    Rumours.. I guess it's a good thing people are talking about competitors products but sometimes they get on my nerve, especially close to release. Speculation OTOH is fun.
    400$ means 400€ here ... And thats quite a bit more expensive than 240 if only 5-10% faster. So i d say thats a decent value prop for the 56.

  15. #3695

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,729
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Sapphire Pulse RX 590: $160 with a lead time of 1-3 months. $200 with 2 games if you want it now.

    I may be unable to hold out for Navi.
    Yeah, cheapest 590 (only PowerColor though) in germany starts at 170 € (incl 2 games) too … even more tempting Vega 56 starts at 240 € (incl 2 games too) … that begs the question if Navi will deliver more bang for the buck.
    Especially as according to last rumors its not expected to be much more power efficient than Vega too ...
    Considering Vega 56 is 5-10% slower than the 2060 and the rumored 400 dollar version of Navi is targetted against the 2060 I really fail to see the value proposition.


    Rumours.. I guess it's a good thing people are talking about competitors products but sometimes they get on my nerve, especially close to release. Speculation OTOH is fun.
    400$ means 400€ here ... And thats quite a bit more expensive than 240 if only 5-10% faster. So i d say thats a decent value prop for the 56.
    Well no the navi was rumored to be 10% or so faster than the 2060 or so iirc.

    However that still makes it an odd proposition as the vega 64 exists already and its often around the price of the 2060 but faster.

    Either way the rumors have been proven to be unreliable bollocks yet again as the supposed navi reveal hasn't in fact happened now so.
    Last edited by Isyel; May 27 2019 at 07:53:44 AM.

  16. #3696
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    6,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Oh here we go again with the reeee AIO, its been many pages now. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post

    They are, however, easy as fuck to install and give better performance than almost any equivalent cooler - only thing that will beat it out is a thick 360mm rad, which is more complicated to install and relies on your case having the mounting for it.

    For a 9900K, which is a hot chip with a lot of overclocking potential, it's definitely worth it, but I wouldn't say the MasterLiquid is a worse choice. Horses for courses.
    Well yeah but it's not like the big ass noctua fits in everything either so needs planning either way. As you say though, both work alright so personal choice rly.
    Seems like a Noctua on the CPU (especially with these new efficient Zen2 chips) with some liquid cooling solution on the GPU (doesn’t have to share heat load or radiator space with the CPU) is a solid approach?

  17. #3697
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Oh here we go again with the reeee AIO, its been many pages now. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post

    They are, however, easy as fuck to install and give better performance than almost any equivalent cooler - only thing that will beat it out is a thick 360mm rad, which is more complicated to install and relies on your case having the mounting for it.

    For a 9900K, which is a hot chip with a lot of overclocking potential, it's definitely worth it, but I wouldn't say the MasterLiquid is a worse choice. Horses for courses.
    Well yeah but it's not like the big ass noctua fits in everything either so needs planning either way. As you say though, both work alright so personal choice rly.
    Seems like a Noctua on the CPU (especially with these new efficient Zen2 chips) with some liquid cooling solution on the GPU (doesn’t have to share heat load or radiator space with the CPU) is a solid approach?
    Easier to water cool the CPU.
    The heatsink on GPU also cools down its memory chips.
    When you go for water cooler on GPU you need a way to cool off them chips as well.
    Unless you go for one of them AIO gpu coolers that covers the entire card.
    And they are spread out all over the card.

  18. #3698
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    6,147
    Yeah you have to go for a full-card block.

    Something like https://www.alphacool.com/shop/neue-...80ti-black-m02

  19. #3699

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    3,509
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Oh here we go again with the reeee AIO, its been many pages now. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post

    They are, however, easy as fuck to install and give better performance than almost any equivalent cooler - only thing that will beat it out is a thick 360mm rad, which is more complicated to install and relies on your case having the mounting for it.

    For a 9900K, which is a hot chip with a lot of overclocking potential, it's definitely worth it, but I wouldn't say the MasterLiquid is a worse choice. Horses for courses.
    Well yeah but it's not like the big ass noctua fits in everything either so needs planning either way. As you say though, both work alright so personal choice rly.
    Seems like a Noctua on the CPU (especially with these new efficient Zen2 chips) with some liquid cooling solution on the GPU (doesn’t have to share heat load or radiator space with the CPU) is a solid approach?
    Easier to water cool the CPU.
    The heatsink on GPU also cools down its memory chips.
    When you go for water cooler on GPU you need a way to cool off them chips as well.
    Unless you go for one of them AIO gpu coolers that covers the entire card.
    And they are spread out all over the card.

    I was actually curios about VRM cooling with AIO's as I was toying with the idea when I placed a bid on a Vega 64 a few weeks ago. Specifically I had the Kraken G12 in mind and it seems that all the VRM actually needs is some airflow over it. No extra heatsinks necessary.

    By the looks of it the GPU soaks so much heat into the stock heatsinks that the VRM is actually warmer than without the heatsink provided you have airflow over it.

    https://youtu.be/wkytxqm62Sw?t=228

  20. #3700

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,729
    I wonder if that's a case unique to the vega and it's different ram.

    I remember plenty of talk about the rtx cards getting their memory hot af.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •