hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 214 of 216 FirstFirst ... 114164204211212213214215216 LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 4312

Thread: What Video Card Should I Buy?

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    One thing i'm epecting to come out in the wash - I would put money on those benchmarks being WITH the 5000 series (infiity?) boost.
    But who gives a fuck. I'm aiming at a 6800XT right now, and will update my ZENn2 to ZEN3 in a few years.

NVIDIA ded
    Press F
    Some of them were, some of them didn't. It's all on slides. Or watch GamerNexus coverage to have that specifically pointed out, these guys are a pearl among shit that is youtube tech channels.
    Re-bigging up gamers nexus as the long form independent technical review absolute legitimate brethren they are.

As in, if you want your opinion to be technically correct then they're your boys.
    On the other hand, since we're propping up good channels, I cannot recommend enough Hardware Unboxed, as in VARRAKK's previous post, for their monitor coverage. If you're buying CPU or GPU Gamers Nexus should be your go to. But if you're looking for monitor Hardware Unboxed have the best methodology currently for testing monitors of all the youtube channels.

RIP tom's hardware
    Last edited by rufuske; October 28 2020 at 11:47:06 PM.

Cannot, or cannot recommend them enough? I'd go with the latter. They're like a tftcnrtral in video form.
    And OptimumTech for slick small form factor build vids. I want a sandwich microATX/miniITX build next.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

AMD doesn't have a habit of overstating the power of their products.
    What they revealed is probably accurate.

Couldn't be happier for AMD!
    And couldn't be happier for me as a customer!
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Cannot, or cannot recommend them enough? I'd go with the latter. They're like a tftcnrtral in video form.
    And OptimumTech for slick small form factor build vids. I want a sandwich microATX/miniITX build next.
    Fixed my post, thanks!

In regard to reviewers my recommendation is to not just rely on one, no matter how much you like them. You can always just skate through to the summary and conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    In regard to reviewers my recommendation is to not just rely on one, no matter how much you like them. You can always just skate through to the summary and conclusion.
    The problem with youtube ones is, you have a handful of channels that do their due, with hundreds of being glorified unboxing, sponsored ones, and it may be hard to tell one from the other. So either trust someone who has spent better part of his life doing this shit with regards to what is reliable source of information, or do your own research. And I'm not trying to be a smartass here, just stating that it can be a pretty fulfilling endeavor that can even translate to a somewhat hireable skills compared to being marketing shill. My point being you can really rely on whatever is being posted on Gamers Nexus and Hardware Unboxed, autism per part varies, but be careful of Linus, JayzTwoCentsIceTeaTupacRZA (although as long as you're sticking to open loop liquid cooling basics, he's your go to) etc.

I have instantly recognized the gamernexus guy having watched only one video as a proper nerd with credible opinion idk maybe some people can't help their need to be deceived.

Wendell om level1techs should be added to your list of you're curious about hardware. He's very different from HUB or GN which is refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    JayzTwoCentsIceTeaTupacRZA (although as long as you're sticking to open loop liquid cooling basics, he's your go to) etc.
    i think of him as the weird build guy mostly, but those RIP challenge 2 scores are also p. legit so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Managed to get a Zotac 3070 at RRP.

FEs sold out instantly.

Pretty happy, although I would have much preferred a FE.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post

FEs sold out instantly.

Grats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post

FEs sold out instantly.

Grats!
    Thanks!

It was a better launch than the 3080, but everything was still gone in around 5 minutes. Scan in particular in the UK is still down from being hugged to death.

I have a Vega 64* and a 1440p/144Hz screen. Since it's running way too hot in my small-ish case, I was thinking about replacing it with something new.
    Did I get that right, the best card would probably a 6800xt for price/performance at that resolution?

I'd be pairing it with a 2600x.

*Asus Strix Vega 64, known for being super loud and hot. CBA to mod the cooling to make it more bearable. The case is the Phanteks Evolv Shift. A bad combination obviously, but I bought the card before the case.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

You'll very probaby be CPU bound at that resolution with a 2600x. That's OK though, you have a CPU upgrade path.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Here's fps scaling with CPUs from a 1300X to the 3950X and 10900k. I'd expect the 2600X to be between the 1700X and 3100, shifting depending on whether extra threads are leveraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Here's fps scaling with CPUs from a 1300X to the 3950X and 10900k. I'd expect the 2600X to be between the 1700X and 3100, shifting depending on whether extra threads are leveraged.
    Interesting, thanks for the link.
    nevar forget

That looks like the reference card. I wonder if AMD actually managed to make a half decent cooling solution on this one.

As a personal reflection, I've noticed that I react to various cooling designs estethics wether they're ugly or not and it annoys me somewhat. I mean I really don't (intellectually) care about the looks of a frikkin gpu but apparantly.... I do.

Stupid brain.
    Last edited by Spartan Dax; October 30 2020 at 10:33:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    That looks like the reference card. I wonder if AMD actually managed to make a half decent cooling solution on this one.

As a personal reflection, I've noticed that I react to various cooling designs estethics wether they're ugly or not and it annoys me somewhat. I mean I really don't (intelectually) care about the looks of a frikkin gpu but apparantly.... I do.

Stupid brain.
    This reference design seems quite conservative and functional tbh, we're finally done with the fucking blowers and even the little bit with the name doesnt seem to cover the fins much.

Oh there's still blower options, but now from 3rd parties doing that hybrid AIO combo...

Which TBH seems a great way to get the heat directly to the edges of your case, sparing your other components vs any not-full-LC-setups-that-also-have-the-rad-purely-exhausting, and not needing to fit a 360mm rad. The downside being more to go wrong, but probably only 50% of the heat solution at once.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; October 30 2020 at 11:33:32 AM.