hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 213 of 216 FirstFirst ... 113163203210211212213214215216 LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,260 of 4312

Thread: What Video Card Should I Buy?

6800 is overpriced by at least $100 compared to the 6800XT, CMV

AMD are doing the same thing as they did with the 5800X vs 5900X
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    RTX3090 ded by a $900 card

F
    $999 card, but yeah, if AMD's benchmarks are more or less on point then I'm not seeing the extra $500 in value for non-professional users.

The 6800XT looks succulent though. I want to get one and then not worry about replacing my videocard until people are talking about what we can expect in 2030.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

I can wait for the half CU and VRAM version in the spring, I can wait for the half CU and VRAM version in the spring, I can wait for the half CU and VRAM version in the spring...
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Eh, nothing exciting there

Still going to try to snag a 3070 FE tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    I can wait for the half CU and VRAM version in the spring, I can wait for the half CU and VRAM version in the spring, I can wait for the half CU and VRAM version in the spring...
    You're lying to us and you're lying to yourself.

Lube up and get your wallet ready.

So, it's settled. I'm grabbing 5600x with 6800xt. I'm so tempted to get 6900 and undervolt living shit out of it...

Also obligatory, told you!

Now, for a new round of rumors, as anyone following my posts here can see I was almost exactly on point. Take these with a huge grain of salt, as my previous claims were mostly based on what has been leaked on chineese/taiwaneese bbs/forums/4chans and a lot research, for these I cannot trace them to those sources (they may be claims for clicks):
    - with manual tweaking of power delivery and high-end air(!) cooling in high airflow case these cards can reach 2.5k Ghz. Their current rage mode profiling is pretty shit, will probably improve as time goes in driver updates
    - yields are better than expected, while nvidia is being hampered by both Samsung 8nm and GDDR 6x availability, as time and competition demands it, 96 CU die will be presented although expect Titan price brackets and limited stock, this will not be mainstream card by any means

And as far as future proofing goes, I can't state enough how badly Nvidia will be shafted by GDDR 6x availability and low on board memory. If you buy this card and plan to get new one in next year or two, safely ignore everything that follows. But if you're like me and shopping close to high end and then sitting on the same card for 5 years - 3070 and 3080 won't cut it. Doom on ultra nightmare texture quality and MSFS are already running into capacity problems. It would have been sufficient if new generation of consoles wouldn't be debuting so soon with 16GB available. It's no coincidence AMD went with that amount at cost of bandwidth. If you still for some reason want to stay with team green, either expect to upgrade next year or wait for them to get manufacturing process and ram availability problems sorted.
    Last edited by rufuske; October 28 2020 at 06:45:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    grabbing 5600x with 6800xt.
    had to put my new pc on hold this year due to human malware etc... so didnt bother with my initial cheapside 3600 and 5700xt plan.

that combo is probably going to be my new plan. bit more cost but should have more legs on it in the long run.

will be sad to retire the 2500k and 670Gtx though. its done well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    grabbing 5600x with 6800xt.
    had to put my new pc on hold this year due to human malware etc... so didnt bother with my initial cheapside 3600 and 5700xt plan.

that combo is probably going to be my new plan. bit more cost but should have more legs on it in the long run.

will be sad to retire the 2500k and 670Gtx though. its done well.
    If you don't NEEDITNOW, wait and you'll be able to get it without new adopters tax and problems. There will be significant price cuts after Rocket Lake debut and Nvidia's response in the coming months/weeks.

It's been a grossly distended diseased dog's anus of a year. I'm fucking sick of waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    It's been a grossly distended diseased dog's anus of a year. I'm fucking sick of waiting.
    this.

If i keep waiting for the next big thing(tm).. ill never upgrade.

big navi / zen 3 WAS the next big thing i was waiting for.

We're sitting in the same boat then. If you're not struggling financially, by all means, enjoy what the best ocassion to upgrade since Intel Core and GTX970 has to offer.
    Last edited by rufuske; October 28 2020 at 07:26:10 PM.

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

On a side note I find it disappointing they didn't include 1080p numbers. You can see how well it scales from being on par in 4k to having significant leads at 1440p. At 1080p differences will be even bigger. But I guess marketing deemed it to not be as marketable as BIGRESNUMBERS. Too bad as that's one of their biggest advantages thanks to higher clocks. 3rd party tests will surely fix that.

One thing i'm epecting to come out in the wash - I would put money on those benchmarks being WITH the 5000 series (infiity?) boost.
    But who gives a fuck. I'm aiming at a 6800XT right now, and will update my ZENn2 to ZEN3 in a few years.

NVIDIA ded
    Press F
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

On a side note I find it disappointing they didn't include 1080p numbers. You can see how well it scales from being on par in 4k to having significant leads at 1440p. At 1080p differences will be even bigger. But I guess marketing deemed it to not be as marketable as BIGRESNUMBERS. Too bad as that's one of their biggest advantages thanks to higher clocks. 3rd party tests will surely fix that.
    I suspect that if you're gaming at 1080p it doesn't really matter what you get, any of them will be more than enough.

NVIDIA ded
    Press F
    No, but they do have some real competition for the first time in a long while. It's going to be interesting to see what they produce with a fire lit under their arses.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    No, but they do have some real competition for the first time in a long while. It's going to be interesting to see what they produce with a fire lit under their arses.
    They knew what was coming, the whole 3000 series is a massive hail mary. 3070 fuckery aside I doubt they'll have any major improvements to show in the near future.

IDK, once they actually secure mature 7nm production capacity they can get average year-on-year improvements, and I strongly suspect they already did half the porting R&D before losing the capacity auction/contract previously.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    IDK, once they actually secure mature 7nm production capacity they can get average year-on-year improvements, and I strongly suspect they already did half the porting R&D before losing the capacity auction/contract previously.
    You're almost right, it was power play between them and TSMC, and they overplayed their hand hugely. Original R&D was made for TSMC 7nm, what you are seeing now hitting (lol) the stores is a rushed port to Samsung 8nm. If anything we will see Ampere's true potential once it's back on the manufacturing process it was always intended to be on, after Jensen went back to TSMC to secure new deal recently. Nvidia can't stop itself from being Nvidia and adding to their growing list of shady bussines practices. As a smarter man once said:

Last edited by rufuske; October 28 2020 at 09:34:00 PM.

One thing i'm epecting to come out in the wash - I would put money on those benchmarks being WITH the 5000 series (infiity?) boost.
    But who gives a fuck. I'm aiming at a 6800XT right now, and will update my ZENn2 to ZEN3 in a few years.

NVIDIA ded
    Press F
    Some of them were, some of them didn't. It's all on slides. Or watch GamerNexus coverage to have that specifically pointed out, these guys are a pearl among shit that is youtube tech channels.

NVIDIA ded
    Press F
    Some of them were, some of them didn't. It's all on slides. Or watch GamerNexus coverage to have that specifically pointed out, these guys are a pearl among shit that is youtube tech channels.
    Re-bigging up gamers nexus as the long form independent technical review absolute legitimate brethren they are.

As in, if you want your opinion to be technically correct then they're your boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.