hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 327 of 327 FirstFirst ... 227277317324325326327
Results 6,521 to 6,533 of 6533

Thread: Mobile Phone Megathread

Warning. Incoming old man rant.

So I went down to a local electronics store that carries Fairphone. Walked up to friendly looking young female employe and told her I was interested in looking at a Fairphone 4. She then proceeded to tell me it was not a popular model and that it wasn't on display. Mkay, but I'm interested in one and I would like to check it out before I buy it. She once again informed me that it wasn't on display and she couldn't do that. After pointing out that I wasn't going to buy one unless I got to see it first she just shrugged and repeated that it wasn't a popular phone and it wasn't kept on display.

At that point my left temple had started to tingle so I just gave up and decided to leave. Obviously I won't buy any phone or anything else for that matter from that place.

I think I just might hate people and they all instinctively picks up on it and tries to get rid of me or something. Sheesh!

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    To be fair I'd hate her too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Warning. Incoming old man rant.

So I went down to a local electronics store that carries Fairphone. Walked up to friendly looking young female employe and told her I was interested in looking at a Fairphone 4. She then proceeded to tell me it was not a popular model and that it wasn't on display. Mkay, but I'm interested in one and I would like to check it out before I buy it. She once again informed me that it wasn't on display and she couldn't do that. After pointing out that I wasn't going to buy one unless I got to see it first she just shrugged and repeated that it wasn't a popular phone and it wasn't kept on display.

At that point my left temple had started to tingle so I just gave up and decided to leave. Obviously I won't buy any phone or anything else for that matter from that place.

I think I just might hate people and they all instinctively picks up on it and tries to get rid of me or something. Sheesh!
    "It's not a popular phone and I don't get paid any commission for them, so buy a real phone or fuck off hippy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Popped into another store on my way to work yesterday and got to feel one out. I was a tad worried it might feel a bit flimsy but no, it's a chonky boy. Feels proper sturdy, the plastic backside is grippy and doesn't slide around on the desk like phones with metal or glass backplates. You can use this phone as it is without a case or a flipcover and if you manage to crack the glass it's easy to replace anyway.

I'm in the business of setting it up now and... It's a phone. I don't really care and I just hope it will last me a good long while. I did get almost 5 years out of my Oneplus 5T and it could have lasted me another 2-3 years easily if I hadn't broken it.

.... Now I just need to figure out how I swap places on the navigation buttons and I'm all good.

Well done on buying a Fairphone. Unfortunately vendors gonna try to sell stuff, glad you managed to get over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Well done on buying a Fairphone. Unfortunately vendors gonna try to sell stuff, glad you managed to get over that.
    I'd argue that was exactly was she wasn't trying to do but w/e.

By stuff I meant stuff they want that you particularly may not want. If I were to cave in to that I'd probably be even more overweight than I am since all the petrol station workers try to sell me chocolates every time I fill up

Pixel 5 or 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Any thoughts on what to replace my failing Samsung Galaxy S10 with?
    Pixel 5 or 6
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Pixel 5 or 6

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    at least we're not Greece.

Happy with being in the Samsung family?

Replaced my 9+ with a 21+ recently.
    Do not like fingerprint sensor in display, they be shit.
    Love Super Fast Charging.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Happy with being in the Samsung family?

Replaced my 9+ with a 21+ recently.
    Do not like fingerprint sensor in display, they be shit.
    Love Super Fast Charging.
    I like the under-screen fingerprint sensor. Going for the s22+ in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    at least we're not Greece.