hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 301 of 301 FirstFirst ... 201251291298299300301
Results 6,001 to 6,011 of 6011

Thread: Mobile Phone Megathread

I would have gladly paid Sony to fix it properly. As it was it cost 1/3 if the cost to replace it just to replace the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Get an iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iím on my work iPhone now actually. iOS 11 has closed a lot of the gaps with Android but itís still not going to replace it for me. Not yet.

Amazing iPhone 8 Scenes.

How in the fuck? Camera in particular.

flash?
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    So after 13 years of owning a smart phone I finally broke a screen, and it was my 9 months new Xperia Z5 Compact. Like a fool I tried to answer it with my hands full and it took a short tumble. It's happened before and been fine in its case but this time is landed face down on a small rock chip that that was it. There was only a single hairline crack but it was enough to render the touch digitizer useless.

I tried Sony to see if they could repair it but they basically told me "tough shit" after explaining "we don't currently offer any out-of-warranty repairs" for any price.

Shit. So I weighed repairing it myself against finding a third party and with the recommendations of my IT coworkers got quotes from a few local repair companies. This turned out to be a mistake.

Some would not touch Xperias. The one that I settled with had decent reviews and offered to get the part by courier and repair it the same day for a better price. "Nice" I thought...

Just picked up the phone. The bezel is all chewed up, the display isn't seated evenly, one of the speaker holes looks to be partially filled with adhesive, light comes through the seam, and there are now a few pressure points behind the LCD. I think the tech only used a metal (not plastic) spluger, no heat gun and just went to town. He specifically said he did not use a suction cup to remove the screen (like every guide ever recommends to reduce damage). When I brought up my complaints he offered to do it again with even more adhesive tape.

Not sure if I just need to accept this as the best quality of repair I can expect, ask for a refund, replace the phone... ack.. This sucks.
    Warranties are for 1 yr atleast....or so I thought. 2 years if you took extended warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    flash?
    More specifically Flash used as flashlight.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Could be worse. Could be used as fleshlight.

I'm sure there's an app for that .
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Mobile Phone Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nu11u5 View Post
    So after 13 years of owning a smart phone I finally broke a screen, and it was my 9 months new Xperia Z5 Compact. Like a fool I tried to answer it with my hands full and it took a short tumble. It's happened before and been fine in its case but this time is landed face down on a small rock chip that that was it. There was only a single hairline crack but it was enough to render the touch digitizer useless.

I tried Sony to see if they could repair it but they basically told me "tough shit" after explaining "we don't currently offer any out-of-warranty repairs" for any price.

Shit. So I weighed repairing it myself against finding a third party and with the recommendations of my IT coworkers got quotes from a few local repair companies. This turned out to be a mistake.

Some would not touch Xperias. The one that I settled with had decent reviews and offered to get the part by courier and repair it the same day for a better price. "Nice" I thought...

Just picked up the phone. The bezel is all chewed up, the display isn't seated evenly, one of the speaker holes looks to be partially filled with adhesive, light comes through the seam, and there are now a few pressure points behind the LCD. I think the tech only used a metal (not plastic) spluger, no heat gun and just went to town. He specifically said he did not use a suction cup to remove the screen (like every guide ever recommends to reduce damage). When I brought up my complaints he offered to do it again with even more adhesive tape.

Not sure if I just need to accept this as the best quality of repair I can expect, ask for a refund, replace the phone... ack.. This sucks.
    Warranties are for 1 yr atleast....or so I thought. 2 years if you took extended warranty.
    They wonít cover the screen repair since it was due to an accident. When I talk to support about these things Iím purposely ambiguous about how damage happens but this one Sony contact didnít doubt it was dropped. I just found it particularly odd that they wonít repair it for cost.

I ďlet the adhesive sitĒ for over a day like the repair company recommended and found that the edge of the display had actually lifted even further - enough that I can get my nail underneath and lift the whole thing. At least that fact will make doing the repair properly myself easier.

Ordered the proper OEM adhesive gaskets for like $2 each. Going to go back to the repair company to demand a refund for their shoddy work and damage to the frame.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar

"No-one wants their computer to crash while they're having sex with it."

Things I did not expect to hear today...

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post

Could be worse, the app could freeze.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post

Could be worse, the app could freeze.
    Or enter an endless loop.