hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617 LastLast

Thread: [PVP] Loki

Just a concept question, do you even need the cloaking sub? Interdiction nullifier + cloaking trick (mwd+cloak for instawarps) should mean that you can get through pretty much all camps. Do you really need the cloak to catch ratter in anomalies, if they would pay attention to local and such they wouldnt get caught anyways so do they actually actively press dscan? Doing that would make them a lot better in combat and would make the legion viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Just a concept question, do you even need the cloaking sub? Interdiction nullifier + cloaking trick (mwd+cloak for instawarps) should mean that you can get through pretty much all camps. Do you really need the cloak to catch ratter in anomalies, if they would pay attention to local and such they wouldnt get caught anyways so do they actually actively press dscan? Doing that would make them a lot better in combat and would make the legion viable.
    The scan res penalty of the non-covert cloaks could hurt your chances of landing the initial tackle, I guess.

The real place the covops cloak comes in handy is once you've probed them and they're in a plex - you'll not be able to sneak up on them without a covert cloak.
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Often times I'd find systems with ratters in them and just go AFK for a bit. Come back and they're back in their anoms. The real use comes from using D-scan to find them, you've got to warp around.

:Tabletz:
    Last edited by Cue1*; June 12 2013 at 11:03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubutai View Post
    The scan res penalty of the non-covert cloaks could hurt your chances of landing the initial tackle, I guess.
    not really. FWIW I have caught many mission/plex runners with a probing faction cloaked BS. Approx 200mm scan res is enough. The genius is when you just sit out in the open in a ship that isn't a threat to their minds. 5 to 10 mins of that and most just assume you are ratting yourself, even if you are red.

How did you not get gatecamped and ganked?
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

straying offtopic a bit, but: playing off-peak hours, being sensible and cautious about warping to un-bookmarked gates, and using mwd cloak to get back to gate everytime. even if straddle camped you can do it if you have a couple of nanos on a fast-ish BS. Eventually you get lucky and no-one decloaks you, then you either out-wait them or slowly creep away to a safe distance. Hiding in plain sight is quite under-rated though. I mean cmon , everybody knows only an idiot would be pirating in a BS(one that most people assume is PvE or brawl fit)...so no-one thinks you might cloak or probe your way out. Having said all that, most time I just move on via the obvious exit...
    Hope that answers your question.
    Don't think I mean it is easy, getting tgts is still hard sometimes and you can go hours finding only people who auto-pos up , or are in multiple carriers farming plexes. can get boring.
    Last edited by Rabid Rich; June 13 2013 at 11:27:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Rich View Post
    straying offtopic a bit, but: playing off-peak hours, being sensible and cautious about warping to un-bookmarked gates, and using mwd cloak to get back to gate everytime. even if straddle camped you can do it if you have a couple of nanos on a fast-ish BS. Eventually you get lucky and no-one decloaks you, then you either out-wait them or slowly creep away to a safe distance. Hiding in plain sight is quite under-rated though. I mean cmon , everybody knows only an idiot would be pirating in a BS(one that most people assume is PvE or brawl fit)...so no-one thinks you might cloak or probe your way out. Having said all that, most time I just move on via the obvious exit...
    Hope that answers your question.
    Don't think I mean it is easy, getting tgts is still hard sometimes and you can go hours finding only people who auto-pos up , or are in multiple carriers farming plexes. can get boring.
    Submaring around in a slow, cloaked ship while fast tackle tries to decloak you is so fun. One of my most heart-pounding moments in Eve involved piloting a cloaky Talos around a station undock while 10 ships were motoring with 30km of me.

If i want to catch carebares like in that posted videos with a loki, should i rather wait in a system cloaked or roam? It looks like he was roaming, right?
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

You roam and need to be very good with the dscanner, need to know where to go and need a bit of luck. But as Cue1 said, you can get some kills if you afk cloak and let eve run without doing anything for a few hours.
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Why don't you just ask Zach how he did it? He's still subbed & active, only last week he joined Genos.

I've done both, the roam and sitting in system, however I've found that sitting in system for a while got me more kills. Or maybe it just felt like that, since I'd be doing something else(usually probing out the rest of the WH chain) on another monitor.

I found that most people go back to what they were doing if you're in system for 15 or so minutes. Especially if you've got probes out, most people seem to assume you're a wormholer(while true at the time, doesn't make the assumption any less stupid). I never could do the hours of AFK cloaking in system, I'd get nervous somehow someone decloaked me. A good trick I used was jumping in and out of system a few times, makes you look like you're just moving assets around. This is easier if you come in through a WH, since you can jump in and out of the hole and be assured you weren't seen.

Been reading through this page and watching that video. Made me want to take it to the next level. One of the most annoying things I see in lowsec is all these hard to scan t3 gang link ships(impossible without virtue set).

Thus I was thinking about fitting up a loki, and buying myself a set of virtues. Waiting for a fight to happen in local with my probes in the correct formation deep off in the edges of space. Find the T3 Gang Link ship on scan, move 91 sensor str sister scanner probes onto the t3 ship, probe him quickly, warp in overheat guns with hail loaded and blow him to bits. Get some good profit off the faction co-pro's most use in the lows, and move on. I am assuming most T3 Ganglinks are alts, so they wont notice the scanner probes if I am fast enough.

Combine this with roaming in lowsec busting missions as fast as you can, hence the afterburner. Then eventually, if lowsec gets boring, dip into 0.0 all in a single roam.

I used to bust missions all the time, but I did it with an alt prober, but I am just tired of paying for 2 accounts and dual boxing gets old compared to just roaming quickly. I made quite a profit busting mission runners in low sec systems before, I assume it is still the same now. Been a while since I played this game.

[Loki, 0.0 Buster]
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
    10MN Afterburner II
    X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
    Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor
    Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I

425mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion M
    Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher, Sisters Combat Scanner Probe
    Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Medium Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
    Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
    Medium Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer I

Loki Defensive - Adaptive Shielding
    Loki Electronics - Emergent Locus Analyzer
    Loki Engineering - Power Core Multiplier
    Loki Offensive - Covert Reconfiguration
    Loki Propulsion - Interdiction Nullifier

432 DPS
    786 Tank(strong blue pill)
    19K EHP. 4k Shields. (High Adrenaline Rush - probably not enough buffer, but freaking afterburner is needed)

I was looking at a way to get more shields but tbh, even with an extender and one extender rig you only gain 2.8k shields, and I need the afterburner for mission busting, since you can't use MWD's in most of the mission space.
    Last edited by TheLibrarian; October 1 2013 at 04:42:12 AM.

Nah you can mwd in most missions now.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    The real place the covops cloak comes in handy is once you've probed them and they're in a plex - you'll not be able to sneak up on them without a covert cloak.
    You'll be in that boat soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLibrarian View Post
    Been reading through this page and watching that video. Made me want to take it to the next level. One of the most annoying things I see in lowsec is all these hard to scan t3 gang link ships(impossible without virtue set).

Thus I was thinking about fitting up a loki, and buying myself a set of virtues. Waiting for a fight to happen in local with my probes in the correct formation deep off in the edges of space. Find the T3 Gang Link ship on scan, move 91 sensor str sister scanner probes onto the t3 ship, probe him quickly, warp in overheat guns with hail loaded and blow him to bits. Get some good profit off the faction co-pro's most use in the lows, and move on. I am assuming most T3 Ganglinks are alts, so they wont notice the scanner probes if I am fast enough.

Combine this with roaming in lowsec busting missions as fast as you can, hence the afterburner. Then eventually, if lowsec gets boring, dip into 0.0 all in a single roam.

I used to bust missions all the time, but I did it with an alt prober, but I am just tired of paying for 2 accounts and dual boxing gets old compared to just roaming quickly. I made quite a profit busting mission runners in low sec systems before, I assume it is still the same now. Been a while since I played this game.

[Loki, 0.0 Buster]
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II

10MN Afterburner II
    Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor
    Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I

Medium Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
    Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I

Loki Engineering - Power Core Multiplier

432 DPS
    786 Tank(strong blue pill)
    19K EHP. 4k Shields. (High Adrenaline Rush - probably not enough buffer, but freaking afterburner is needed)

I was looking at a way to get more shields but tbh, even with an extender and one extender rig you only gain 2.8k shields, and I need the afterburner for mission busting, since you can't use MWD's in most of the mission space.
    I think this is something more along what you're looking for.

[Loki, CPN(ASB)]
    Loki Engineering - Augmented Capacitor Reservoir

Gyrostabilizer II
    Gyrostabilizer II
    Nanofiber Internal Structure II

True Sansha Warp Scrambler
    Khanid Navy Stasis Webifier
    Dread Guristas Explosive Deflection Field

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP M

Medium Gravity Capacitor Upgrade II
    Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

Hunt where the PvEers will use EM/Thermal damage?
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Yeah, you can use MWD in every mission now.

Except DED 1/2 or something silly like that. But you can't enter them anyway.
    I don't think you will find that many mission runners, but probaby some dude running DED 4/5/6 sites. Be carefull though, NPC aggro switches now.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    , NPC aggro switches now.

thats why uber tanked proteus would be better idea

Thanks for the awesome updates. I had no idea you can MWD in almost every mission. I have never even ran a mission in my entire career in eve, only busted them. NPC Aggro switches, that's interesting and fun.

Thanks for the fit, I will compare it, looks like it has more tank but less dps. Not real sure, either way the MWD thing is priceless, the fit just got so much easier and better.