hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 295

Thread: Xenonauts (X-com remake)

  1. #101
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,372
    Quote Originally Posted by balistic void View Post
    The air combat in this is actually really good, better than the old or new xcoms. The rest of it is not so good tho
    The kickstarter collected enough money for them to invest more resources into graphics and interface.

  2. #102
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    33,099
    150k for 3 fulltime developers? I expect them to work on this bitch for one more year on current funding alone.


    Should have just bolted on JA2 or Fallout Tactics for ground combat tbh.
    Air combat is good but rather shallow. And so is strategy.
    Last edited by RazoR; October 24 2012 at 04:01:24 AM.

  3. #103
    Ophichius's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15, 2011
    Location
    Hedonistic Imperative
    Posts
    5,251
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    150k for 3 fulltime developers? I expect them to work on this bitch for one more year on current funding alone.


    Should have just bolted on JA2 or Fallout Tactics for ground combat tbh.
    Air combat is good but rather shallow. And so is strategy.
    150k for three fulltime developers is them working for peanuts. Any reasonably competent programmer can pull down 100k/year+ without even breaking a sweat. 50k/year works out to $24/h, which is pathetically low pay for a good programmer.

    To put that in perspective, I got paid that at my last job, and I'm just a lowly sysadmin.

    -O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

  4. #104

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,078
    It wont be 150k after a year unless they just gave the game away afterwards for free. if they sell 15,000 copies and after steam have taken their cut ect only make $10 a game that will have them up to their 100k/year.

  5. #105
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    33,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophichius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    150k for 3 fulltime developers? I expect them to work on this bitch for one more year on current funding alone.


    Should have just bolted on JA2 or Fallout Tactics for ground combat tbh.
    Air combat is good but rather shallow. And so is strategy.
    150k for three fulltime developers is them working for peanuts. Any reasonably competent programmer can pull down 100k/year+ without even breaking a sweat. 50k/year works out to $24/h, which is pathetically low pay for a good programmer.

    To put that in perspective, I got paid that at my last job, and I'm just a lowly sysadmin.

    -O
    Yeah well don't they work on a game of their dreams at that though?
    I admit 5k per month isn't scroodge's vault.

    Anyways judging by the demo money will keep flowing in their direction.

  6. #106

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    80
    Just a heads up, game now at Beta candidate stage:

    http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/f...29-released%21

  7. #107
    Donor Blutreiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,519
    Beta is now on Steam for all who preordered.

    You have to log into your Desura page and you can request a Steam key for it now.

    For me it is a lifesaver because Desura has not fucking worked for me even once.

    Quote Originally Posted by James Lyrus
    they send you a pedometer, and set you daily activity targets
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    There's no fucking way I'm googling '12" Hero'

  8. #108
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutreiter View Post
    Beta is now on Steam for all who preordered.

    You have to log into your Desura page and you can request a Steam key for it now.

    For me it is a lifesaver because Desura has not fucking worked for me even once.
    THANK YOU!
    (wasn't easy to find that link)

    For the rest:
    https://secure.desura.com/cart/cdkeys

  9. #109
    Donor Blutreiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,519
    ...playing for the first time and the game is actually entertaining.

    Quote Originally Posted by James Lyrus
    they send you a pedometer, and set you daily activity targets
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    There's no fucking way I'm googling '12" Hero'

  10. #110

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    367
    Still holding out for release.

  11. #111
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    33,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark 0men View Post
    Still holding out for release.
    To cum with the energy of a thousand suns upon it?

  12. #112

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark 0men View Post
    Still holding out for release.
    To cum with the energy of a thousand suns upon it?
    Don't want to have a premature incident with an unbalanced beta

  13. #113
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,372
    Tested it for the first time since alpha on Desura.

    The game has come a long way.
    Still just logged a couple of hours in it, but first impressions been very positive!

    When I first commented on the game, I praised that the setting was moved to the cold war area.
    And I still do.

    The only thing I dislike, is when you engage enemy UFO's.
    I don't think that combat system is any good.

    Graphics on crash sites been updated a great deal, lots more variety on maps, but needs more combat to
    see how randomized maps are now.

    Funding is a lot harder here compared to X-Com, A LOT!

  14. #114
    Ophichius's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15, 2011
    Location
    Hedonistic Imperative
    Posts
    5,251
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Funding is a lot harder here compared to X-Com, A LOT!
    No more selling piles of alien corpses and warehouses full of laser cannons to shady third world governments?

    -O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

  15. #115
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophichius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Funding is a lot harder here compared to X-Com, A LOT!
    No more selling piles of alien corpses and warehouses full of laser cannons to shady third world governments?

    -O
    Corpses destroyed.
    And you only get 1/2 price for stuff you have built.
    For instance, a laser rifle costs 50k usd to build, sell price is 25k

    No easy ways to earn money.

  16. #116
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,372
    JESUS!

    Well fuck me sideways..I hope these things bugged.
    I can't see them, they sure as hell see me, all carry sniper plasma rifles and they take shitloads of dmg..

    goddamned robots
    oh yes, found 14 of them on a terror site.
    civilians survived 0
    (3 of them camped me inside my heli for 3 turns)


  17. #117
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,372
    Is anyone else playing?

    I can't figure out how to shoot down Medium and Large UFO's.
    Hell, even a single Heavy Fighter can take out 3 of my fighters.

    (Oh, and I ran into a Wraith yesterday, motherfuckers can teleport)

  18. #118

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    80
    Just a heads up - this is now released (as such)- dev post: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/f...-0-Released%21

  19. #119
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,372
    Brilliant!

    I hope they have made UFO fights better.
    Will give it a spin.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  20. #120

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    770
    I've been playing this on and off since it was announced/beta'd. Its fairly faithful to the original (minus OP'd psychic soldiers in late-game), definitely worth a look.
    Free Clamdong!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •