hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61

Thread: Terra Invicta - by the XCOM 1/2 The Long War makers

  1. #21
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,250
    Holy shiet that one is expensive to unlock
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  2. #22
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,588
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Holy shiet that one is expensive to unlock
    Yup but together with industrialization of space worth rushing. Especially when you have adm maxed on all the others.

  3. #23
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,250
    Bitter lesson learnt, gathering Boost takes an awful long time.
    Building bases requires a lot of boost for mining.

    I probably got 2-3 months worth of stock building to do before I can get my mining rigs lifted to the moon.
    Also my moon is pretty poo
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  4. #24
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,250
    How do I gain control over China?
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  5. #25
    Brockosaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21, 2013
    Posts
    695
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    How do I gain control over China?
    I feel like China is a huge trap. USA comes with a huge military + nukes, and Russia has even more nukes and only 4 CP. Controlling those 2 is probably the best strat, especially to make sure the nukes don't fall into crazy hands (Servants have USA in my 2nd start and are starting wars every turn - no nukes yet, but it's bad). Best I've done is 2 CP in China (in the same game).

    To actually take it, I guess focus first on taking every CP neighbouring China, excluding rivals. And then spam a ton of public campaigns to boost your standing, slowly. And then finally spam a ton of high-influence spend, low-probability Control missions. If you really max out every chance, you'll eventually get there.
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

  6. #26
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,250
    I went straight for the US and got it early on, and kept Canada.
    One of my latest acquisitions was Russia and Ukraine.
    Taiwan, Singapore, Israel, Australia, Kazakhstan. And of course Best Korea, in case someone needs to be nuked.
    Maybe I should set my eyes on India.

    My strategy been to interfere as much for the other factions, so they don't get a good foothold in space.
    Got all the good spots on Moon and Mars. Slowing their progress down, and taking some good Science nations.

    No idea how I'm doing vs aliens.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  7. #27
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,250
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    How do I gain control over China?
    Invade it?
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  8. #28
    Saul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,520
    Someone needs to tell the devs that tooltips are not a fucking tutorial. I've played my share of grand strategy games but this is the most obtuse fucking nonsense I've ever seen.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    December 15, 2011
    Location
    The Establishment
    Posts
    1,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Brockosaurus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    How do I gain control over China?

    To actually take it, I guess focus first on taking every CP neighbouring China, excluding rivals. And then spam a ton of public campaigns to boost your standing, slowly. And then finally spam a ton of high-influence spend, low-probability Control missions. If you really max out every chance, you'll eventually get there.
    I haven't tried it myself, but that was what someone mentioned in a strategy video on YT as well. Grab neighbours, wear them down.

  10. #30
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,250
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brockosaurus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    How do I gain control over China?

    To actually take it, I guess focus first on taking every CP neighbouring China, excluding rivals. And then spam a ton of public campaigns to boost your standing, slowly. And then finally spam a ton of high-influence spend, low-probability Control missions. If you really max out every chance, you'll eventually get there.
    I haven't tried it myself, but that was what someone mentioned in a strategy video on YT as well. Grab neighbours, wear them down.
    Takes too much CP. Which includes India etc.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  11. #31
    Saul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,520
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brockosaurus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    How do I gain control over China?

    To actually take it, I guess focus first on taking every CP neighbouring China, excluding rivals. And then spam a ton of public campaigns to boost your standing, slowly. And then finally spam a ton of high-influence spend, low-probability Control missions. If you really max out every chance, you'll eventually get there.
    I haven't tried it myself, but that was what someone mentioned in a strategy video on YT as well. Grab neighbours, wear them down.
    Takes too much CP. Which includes India etc.
    Can it be unified in sections like the EU? If so, you could take chunks of it and steadily increase. Or maybe take all of it, abandon low-GDP chunks you can't afford so you're not paying costs (will place them in crackdown but that doesn't automatically mean another faction will take them, though you'll go over cap for a while so a good influence buffer is probably necessary), then unify what you can and expand to the abandoned chunks once you can afford the points?

  12. #32
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,250
    How do I form Unions/Federations?
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  13. #33
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,778
    Raise standing between two countries you "own". After a cooldown time you can for alliances or if you fullfill all requirements you can federalize.

  14. #34
    Saul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,520
    From a bit of searching in the Pavonis discord, doesn't look like you can unify China into a 'single nation' to save on control points like you can the EU without first researching a tech (one of the post-invasion social ones, not sure of the name). Best you could do is hold all regions individually, assuming enough control points, then pump research points into global research so you can control the direction of global tech, take the social techs until you get the one that unlocks Greater China, then begin unifying using the Set Policy councilor action. You'd almost certainly have to overhaul their economy along the way, but on the plus side if you get that tech, GC also includes most of South Asia, Japan, Korea etc., so you'd have a powerhouse.

  15. #35
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    Raise standing between two countries you "own". After a cooldown time you can for alliances or if you fullfill all requirements you can federalize.
    I got US & Canada, but I see no option to create an alliance or federation.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  16. #36
    Saul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,520
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    Raise standing between two countries you "own". After a cooldown time you can for alliances or if you fullfill all requirements you can federalize.
    I got US & Canada, but I see no option to create an alliance or federation.
    Alliances are done in the relations tab (a couple of tabs to the right of the economic breakdown for a country). Federating US and Canada probably requires a tech, like I explained for China.

  17. #37
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,250
    Any ideas why I can't equip this org? None of my dudes can.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  18. #38
    Saul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,520
    Each of the gold stars on the orgs is the admin cost. She's got 24 of 25 points spent (and the cap is 15 orgs equipped no matter how high her admin goes). Alnitak Aviation costs three, so you can't equip it. You could equip Lynx Metals though, for example, with her one remaining point.

  19. #39
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    33,213
    and you can't boost admin past 25 so the struggle to optimize orgs is real

  20. #40
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Each of the gold stars on the orgs is the admin cost. She's got 24 of 25 points spent (and the cap is 15 orgs equipped no matter how high her admin goes). Alnitak Aviation costs three, so you can't equip it. You could equip Lynx Metals though, for example, with her one remaining point.
    So each star = admin points cost
    Here I thought it just meant how good the org was..
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •