hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 263 of 263 FirstFirst ... 163213253260261262263
Results 5,241 to 5,258 of 5258

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

Scepter question..

What is best, +40% elemental dmg or Penetrate 6% Elemental Resistances ?
    Doesn't the Penetrate stat add up ? From 2 Scepters it will be 12% and if I have 3 jewels with 2% penetration I end up with 18% Resistance Penetration?
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

The answer is... its complicated. First off, yes separate resistance pen stats are additive.

Compare: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Re...ce_penetration

Because I am an autistic neckbeard, i have thrown something together that seems to work correctly, disregarding "more" multipliers, added damage effectiveness, crit and so forth:

Spoiler:

import numpy as np
    import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

def damage(b=1,a=0,i=0,p=0,r=0):
    dmg = ((b+a)*(1+i)) * (1-(r-p))
    return dmg

base = np.linspace(1, 2, num=11)
    added = np.linspace(0, 1, num=11)
    increase = np.linspace(0, 1.2, num=11)
    resistance = np.linspace(0, 0.8, num=41)
    pen = np.linspace(0, 0.2, num=11)

fig = plt.figure()
    ax = fig.add_subplot(1,1,1)

yspace = []
    xspace = resistance
    for x in increase:
    for y in np.nditer(resistance):
    yspace = np.append(yspace,damage(r=y, i=x, p=0))
    ax.plot(xspace,yspace,label="")
    yspace = []

ax.set_title("effective damage with 0-120% increased, 0% pen")
    ax.set_xlabel("enemy resistance")
    ax.set_ylabel("damage multiplier")

With some rudimentary Python knowledge (I dont have more than that either) you can switch around the stats until fits your gear and tree.

Anyways, to the point:

Spoiler:

As shown, there are crossover points where penetration becomes more effective than increases. The rule of thumb is, damage penetration is much better than increased damage during late game.

Given the choice, I would always use Sambar Scepter over a Void Scepter, unless I am playing a Herald bomber.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; October 31 2020 at 11:04:28 AM.

or you could just edit a weapon in pob and add the stats to test things out

Words cannot describe how much i hate the Sirus fight, especially as melee.

I think the only time i enjoyed it was when playing a completely broken ED build, because i had to land one cast and then could dance around all his bullshit.

Started playing this again after not having touched it for a year or two.
    Man I both hate and love the passive tree in this game. I love the posibilities, but i hate the "What if I build it wrong" angst at every level up. It sucks that if you mess up you only get a full reset at patches.
    Or is there a "full reset" thingy at higher levelt hat I am missing?

Passive skills - only via regret orbs.
    Bandit choice - Book of Reform (20 regrets + 1 amulet)
    Ascendancy - Need to finish the lab (any difficulty), unspec all choices (5 orbs per point) - select new ascendancy at the altar in the lab.

All together it costs roughly 160 regret orbs to completely undo all your choices. On SSF that is a once per league affair.

I don't think the passive tree is that crucial any more, 1-10 poorly placed skills doesn't make a whole lotta difference.
    But if you are placing points on elemental damage, when you are a chaos or physical dmg based, then you have a big issue.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Speaking of rerolling characters, I am so close to being able to roll my bricked elementalist to Golemancer. 4 primordial gems and one of two Coldiron Points (guess i can use a rare shield to bolster the defences). I just need a spare Might and any other duplicate...

Any word on if the league will be extended, now that next one is delayed? Im not ready to quit on this one yet.

Also got a funky experimental amulet today, that has all influence types... lol. Wonder how hard one would have to roll it to get something worthwhile.

Auto-sorting "stash tab affinity" system being deployed right now.

From what i can see, its only for things that have dedicated slots in specialized tabs, or you can dump them into a dedicated tab of their own. So maps go to maps, currency to currency, and so forth, without having to switch the currently open tab.

Also included are tab folders, so that you dont have to scroll through 20 tabs to locate something in case you have accumulated a bunch over time.

Will save me some time, nice QOL, but not *that* revolutionary. More like something that should have been coming a long time.

In other news, i got a Replica Heartbreaker, which gives spells 20% impale. Sounds fun to build around, sadly i dont see any other impale sources besides alt quality Blade Blast / EK. Still, i wonder if dual-wielding Heartbreakers on an Ascendant (to travel to impale effect nodes) could work, since Bladefall / BB hit shitloads of times per cast. Or maybe an EK/BB Champion that only picks up life, impale, and two cluster slots? e: Yeah, Master of Metal seems just too OP not to take, and First to Strike / Conqueror should work with spell hits?

If i get another one by this weekend, im going to try.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; November 5 2020 at 01:34:19 AM.

Anyone got a decent ranger build to suggest? The ones I find ar so strange and specialized that I don't realy understand them.
    Just looking for something to get TO endgame with. Not a finnished build with all the mad blings and baubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Anyone got a decent ranger build to suggest? The ones I find ar so strange and specialized that I don't realy understand them.
    Just looking for something to get TO endgame with. Not a finnished build with all the mad blings and baubles.
    Toxic Rain Pathfinder is really easy to play and gear, there is a guide with full leveling section https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127

Check his other guides, he's the be all and end all as far as poe build guides are considered.

The biggest question that i cant answer is, how to craft a +3 bow on a budget.

It doesnt really get going before then, imo. Also, quickly scanning over the posted guide, I would think Lioneyes Paws / Replica would be easy enough to find to include. They provide massive QOL with curse on hit.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; November 5 2020 at 05:39:31 PM.

Start with this on if you're on a budget https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Silverbough

Schedule for december is out: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2996106

Flashback Mayhem, Endless Delve, and over christmas Heist Flashback (Heist + mini Mayhem, more or less). I might make a char for Endless Delve, the rest is whatever.

Heist ends 11th of Jan., which means ive got plenty time to tinker around with my new big bonk Jugg.

all aboard the endless delve hype train~~~
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

Just not sure what to play for it. Probably some bricked Slayer / poison for overleech and Plague Bearer. e: Oh wait, is Lab even available in Endless Delve?
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; November 24 2020 at 01:54:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Just not sure what to play for it. Probably some bricked Slayer / poison for overleech and Plague Bearer. e: Oh wait, is Lab even available in Endless Delve?
    You'll also be able to ascend your character by using the Altar of Ascendancy from within the mine encampment.
    Guess so.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.