hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 260 of 262 FirstFirst ... 160210250257258259260261262 LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,200 of 5232

Thread: Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG

I would hope right now they're just doing all the crazy shit before PoE 2 to see what sticks. Do the most left-field leagues and mechanics and hopefully pick the best shit to somehow roll into PoE 2.

Then again, they could just be unaware of how bad some league mechanics actually are to play for 3 months.

First, this whole thing is a huge test of crafting revamp and how it plays with their rng.

Its a test of my patience is what it is. Reading walls of "do x for y if z" is just tiresome.

On the plus side, Saboteur feels super smooth. I should have done it sooner.

I don't understand why people are raging about the new stash tabs.
    Don't like them? Don't buy them!
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I don't understand why people are raging about the new stash tabs.
    Don't like them? Don't buy them!
    Because Chris Wilson said something at Exilecon about wanting to add to the existing Currency tab, instead of adding additional currency tabs. And here they are adding 3 tabs with p small content.

But yeah, not buying them, not worried.
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

I sprang for the Delve tab last league, but even that was borderline and didnt really save me any space, just made for nicer sorting. The writing has been on the wall.

Not too worried though either.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Been watching a few streams, no one is "wohoo this is good or fun".
    It's absolutely maddening they have learned nothing from the 'shit leagues' in the last year or so. IMO the best ones have all added a layer of chaos and unpredictability to the gameplay loop. Betrayal and Delerium were both interesting enough when they dropped random stuff on you and were hard to ignore, triggering a Abyss then getting hit with a beast during a 3 orb delerium was fun. Planting flowers. to craft. um. WHAT ?

I wonder what percentage of players are simply going to stop opening the flowers 'soon'. then stop logging in entirely ?
    (+1)

edit: actually fuck this league. i'm out.
    Last edited by Itiken; June 26 2020 at 07:55:33 AM.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Can happily report that the first 10 hours of CODE VEIN are like 40x more fun than stupid harvesting stupid shit tier shit.

IRL I like gardening, not anime vampires.

Quit.

After they fixed the seeds to actually give some of the rarer outcomes, the league turned quite enjoyable. I've skipped all leagues since Legion, so most of the stuff in maps was new to me and it didn't feel as empty as some people feel it does.
    I hope Harvest goes core in some way since I absolutely love the deterministic crafting, but right now it's a bit too easy to make the most ridiculous shit:
      Spoiler:

rip dreams, harvest is not going core (for now)
    https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...exile_content/

The massive challenge is going to be either working in deterministic crafting in such a way that it doesn't completely invalidate their "RNG is good so More RNG is better" crafting loop right now, which i'd suggest as high as 95% of players don't even bother getting involved with, as it's easier just to buy what you want from the albeit shite market, OR convinving players this never happened and that Doubledown RNG =crafting is great, because it works fine for the 5%.

The optimist in me thinks they are testing a few off-the-wall ideas over the next few leagues to bake into PoE2.

Next league announcement, Sept. 18 : https://www.pathofexile.com/heist

Looks Betrayal-ish, but more complicated than the Masters board. Cautiously optimistic, im not one to miss the harvest crafting too much. Staying power depends typically mostly on if i brick my first char or not (i ended up hating mines last league and promptly quit), so its probably going to be brands or traps.

A loot based league, I'm very tempted to play this league.
    That black hole thingy looks dope. "leaving nothing behind" I hope that doesn't include drops

Hopefully it'll be a inline league, not an oflfine league.

wtf do you mean ? well, in all the recent super-fun leagues your content was while playing. all the dull ones seem to make you stop what you're doing, do the thing, then go back to your other thing.

Betrayal was the best for this, spawns on spawns, triggering an abyss. Chaos=content ?
    whatever. i know what i mean .

Patchnotes: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vi...ge/1#p23494374

I am tempted to play Black Hole Occultist or the new Firestorm Ele. I like big booms. e: come to think of it, the slow/amp zones, black hole and meteor sound like like they took a page from D3. Now i just need a fire hydra summon to be complete.

Not sure what to think about curse rework. I guess its a huge nerf to some playstyles, clearspeed builds that have infinite leech/restore and charges through curse on hit rings.

I wonder how mark on hit will work, wouldnt it lag out the game massively?
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; September 16 2020 at 10:17:02 PM.

I will give this league a run.
    Starting off with a Fire Trapper and then move on to the Void thing, looks fun.

Looking to run this one too - but no idea what to go at.
    What makes firestorm ele so good/enticing ?

Firestorm has been reworked to one big meteor +x smaller impacts over time, but the DOT component can only have three instances at a time live, in return.

Thats all it is, really. Probably makes it easier/viable to scale ignite, but im not thinking about that, just like big booms.

Firestorm + Unleash + Combustion + Immolate (for the small impacts) + Fire pen + Controlled Destruction, something like that.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; September 17 2020 at 04:15:53 PM.

Ah cool.

i'll probably end up re-working my BladeStorm Gladiator into something a bit more puchy. 2h crit impale sort of thing.
    Or flicker. haven't flickered for a while.

I just like starting as Trapper, effortless DPS.