hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ... 256572737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1546

Thread: Photography Megathread

  1. #1481
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuko View Post
    We've been invited to joining the armada [b] lol tsm lol[/b.

  2. #1482

    Join Date
    May 6, 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,232

  3. #1483

    Join Date
    May 6, 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,232



  4. #1484

    Join Date
    May 6, 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,232
    Let the spam continue... from yesterday:


  5. #1485
    King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    5,281
    Fiddling around with my editing skills. Still mostly flapping wildly

    Original:
      Spoiler:




    Edited:
      Spoiler:




    Hopefully I'm improving!

  6. #1486
    Mallet Head Donor 56k Lagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5, 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,229
    You are definitely improving but I'd say you've managed to correct the exposure on the subjects face but it's now too even, specifically the top of their nose and the raised part of their cheek.

    Aside from that maybe consider cropping out some of the green bars on the right? It's a really nice picture but I'm finding my eyes are being drawn to the high contrast on the right of the picture.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

    phoneposting

  7. #1487
    King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    5,281
    Thanks! Would have repped you if I could

  8. #1488
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    5,121
    IMO side lighting is not that great for portraits, unless you're aiming for a very specific shot or manage to make shadows look flattering.

    But I'm a landscaper mostly so don't take my word for granted

  9. #1489
    Sarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    Fiddling around with my editing skills. Still mostly flapping wildly

    Original:
      Spoiler:




    Edited:
      Spoiler:




    Hopefully I'm improving!
    Absolutely.

    A word of caution though. When looking to reduce the highlights try not to go too dark with the exposure or use to must contrast/ clarity. You've managed to neutralise the over exposed highlights around the eye socket / cheekbone, but you've ' aged ' him in doing so.

    It's a tricky balance. Are you using lightroom? If so use the spot removal tool in heal function, look for correctly exposed skin, adjust and fiddle with opacity slider to match. Works most of the time if the highlight can be rescued.

  10. #1490
    King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    5,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    IMO side lighting is not that great for portraits, unless you're aiming for a very specific shot or manage to make shadows look flattering.

    But I'm a landscaper mostly so don't take my word for granted
    The kid was very shy and didn't like getting his photos taken. That shot was kinda taken from the hip while he wasn't looking.

  11. #1491
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    5,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    IMO side lighting is not that great for portraits, unless you're aiming for a very specific shot or manage to make shadows look flattering.

    But I'm a landscaper mostly so don't take my word for granted
    The kid was very shy and didn't like getting his photos taken. That shot was kinda taken from the hip while he wasn't looking.
    Then next time don't take it Not everyone wants to have a street portrait.

  12. #1492
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    5,121

  13. #1493
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    Thanks! Would have repped you if I could
    You would have to go round forcing all the fuckin configs to call /usr/fag/fag/fag/python3 instead of just guesstimating launch windows.

  14. #1494
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26, 2011
    Location
    The Camel Empire
    Posts
    2,846
    This was taken in Skagen, top of Denmark where North and Baltic Sea clash together.
    The weaves are coming from left and ride and collide.



    You can see it here a bit better, but I don't like the composition as much:
      Spoiler:



    Bonus:


    Too bad the light was a bit meh, so I had to bump the darks and make it look weird. Stull fun

    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

  15. #1495
    Mallet Head Donor 56k Lagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5, 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,229
    :3

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

    phoneposting

  16. #1496
    root's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26, 2011
    Location
    The Camel Empire
    Posts
    2,846
    Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    :3
    Also got a selfie :3

    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

  17. #1497
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    8,116
    Dat tache :3

  18. #1498
    Sarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    812
    Cross post from the plane thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarp View Post
    So RIAT 2017 was good. When not busy I managed to get a few shots. I don't have the lens that the pro's use, relying on my 70-200mm which restricts me in many ways.

    Quick selection. Many more to sort out.
      Spoiler:




































  19. #1499
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    5,121
    These are good shots, really enjoying the composition.

  20. #1500
    Mallet Head Donor 56k Lagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5, 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarp View Post
    Cross post from the plane thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarp View Post
    So RIAT 2017 was good. When not busy I managed to get a few shots. I don't have the lens that the pro's use, relying on my 70-200mm which restricts me in many ways.

    Quick selection. Many more to sort out.
      Spoiler:



































    REP
    E
    P

    THIS
    H
    I
    S

    MAN
    A
    N

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

    phoneposting

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •