hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Star Citizen Discussion

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    Well it will be 10 years in 9 months.

But I've obviously given up on the idea of a full game release and I'm just playing now. I've got 2 friends who regularly want to play and we do a weekly or fortnightly game night depending on life and I honestly have a blast usually.

I don't think it's a full game experience or anything, but it fills my needs and my friends needs and there's nothing quite like it doing that for us right now so we stick with Star Citizen.

I'm frustrated that salvage, hacking, refueling, more exploration and other systems aren't in, but I'm also kind of assuming that if something's not in the game, it will never be. Then I can be pleasantly surprised if they ever make significant progress.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.
    Sayers, Gaudy Night (1935)

Was a new isc on youtube with jared showing lots of cool little things like derelict reclaimer and planetside small homesteads / villages. And also new Lti token consolidated outland hover quad that fits in the nomad trunk
    The montreal time already showing cool locations!
    Wish we get to see the montreal studios work more often
    Valentines day skins for few ships also available.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    my Golden Ticket (which didn't matter in the end).
    nice, if a bit underwhelming and unorganized.
    But all of that should prove to be a perfect forshadowing of events to come.
    Couldn't have said it better

For once being balanced in my critique - until there is a 'massive' and 'sandbox' in this MMO sandbox it's just a series of theme park scenarios strapped together. The massive part is the hardest, in a persistent world, but also the only bit that makes these gaming moments really meaningful and turns a multiplayer spaceship sim game into a sprawling space opera story-generator. We know that from Eve, which, as much as we hate to admit it, did exactly that with great style and success, arguably more than anyone else before or since.

At the end of the day if those as yet barely defined elements dont make it in, everyone who invested all that money in ships with specific capabilities will have done so for nothing (because is it really more fun doing small scale sim stuff in a $1000 ship than a $100 one? Why, if none of it has a persistant and widely felt impact? Would you pay $1000 to have a bigger different colour gun in a single player FPS?)
    Last edited by Lallante; February 18 2022 at 10:22:44 AM.

>>Would you pay $1000 to have a bigger different colour gun in a single player FPS?

CSGO skin trading is something that exists and is just as bonkers. Unless im mistaken.

Lots of people out there with money to burn apparently. I just need to find a way to get them to give it to me...

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    For once being balanced in my critique - until there is a 'massive' and 'sandbox' in this MMO sandbox it's just a series of theme park scenarios strapped together. The massive part is the hardest, in a persistent world, but also the only bit that makes these gaming moments really meaningful and turns a multiplayer spaceship sim game into a sprawling space opera story-generator. We know that from Eve, which, as much as we hate to admit it, did exactly that with great style and success, arguably more than anyone else before or since.

Don't forget - they also promise that this "persistant, meaningful living world with real cxonsequences" also somehow has drop-in-drop out single/co-op/multiplayer. This is a paradox.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Core Gameplay team are now -only- working on the ridiculously delayed Squadron 69? So no other core gameplay improvements until it releases in 1-2 more years? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What the fuck is wrong with the project management on this game?

They are going to run into serious legacy issues soon as Devs age out, retire, kill themselves etc and systems that were cutting edge in 2012 stop being supported on new machines.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Core Gameplay team are now -only- working on the ridiculously delayed Squadron 69? So no other core gameplay improvements until it releases in 1-2 more years?
    More importantly: they're actually (and finally) working on Squadron 42?! Oh thank god!
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Some more intresting news on whats xoming in 3.17 patch.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...or-atc-and-mor

Also evocati leaks about ship components being finnaly being able to be moved around in local->ship inventory -> qt drive to planet/station where your other ship is parked. And drag it over to inventory there and your other vehicle can be outfitted with your newly delivered component.
    Also call atc will get a bindable hotkey option..
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...y_patch_notes/
    Also local inventory at locations gets bigger from 100 scu to 1000 scu.
    Last edited by Janeway84; March 23 2022 at 02:31:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeway84 View Post
    Some more intresting news on whats xoming in 3.17 patch.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...or-atc-and-mor

Also evocati leaks about ship components being finnaly being able to be moved around in local->ship inventory -> qt drive to planet/station where your other ship is parked. And drag it over to inventory there and your other vehicle can be outfitted with your newly delivered component.
    Also call atc will get a bindable hotkey option..
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...y_patch_notes/
    Also local inventory at locations gets bigger from 100 scu to 1000 scu.
    Which is useless without select all. How hard can it be to implement this ?!

Todays inside star citizen

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...e_winter_2022/

3.17 is rumoured to go wave 1 ptu tomorow.
    Also volumetric clouds like on microtech is coming to hurston!

From a quick view at work it looks like salvaging is pacing forward and drake corsair too.

Yeah moving large amounts of items in the inventory system is super painful. So i avoid roc mining atm.
    Last edited by Janeway84; March 24 2022 at 10:56:47 PM.

i used to kickstart stuff before kickstart even started Donor Hayes DuSid's Avatar
    In Jan, I said we'd very likely get nearly nothing this year.

Probably just cargo refactor, v0/1 salvaging, ship components mostly because that's attached to salvaging, and some ships. If any of this gets out to the main game for real, that's actually faster progress than I expected, for the first time in this project.

Some of that stuff looks quite cool, and Ive been enjoying most of my gameplay when it doesn't bug out. I have some faith they'll make salvaging satisfying if maybe slow to do.

Still going to assume we get very little to nothing this year though, until it's out it doesn't exist, no matter what they show in their videos.
    "How fleeting are all human passions compared to the massive continuity of ducks."- Dorothy L.

Anyone not having tried 3.17 will be mindblown by the increase in framerates.

Cities can still be a fps hog but i also noticed that varies alot depending on location.
    Got lile 10-30 more frames and my best friend who also plays he gets around 100 frames with his 1200k intel cpu.
    My 5950x gets 85-95 sometimes 100 when quantum driving between planets.
    We both got rtx 3090 gpus.
    I saw a video of a guy doing testing with the new ryzen 5800x3d cpu with larger memory on the cpu and he got over 100 + fps.
    Tenpoundforty i think his channel is called on youtube.

Yeah, the new shader tech and some of the meshing stuff is coming online to give us performance boosts.

I'm told crash stability is a bit better too but obviously that's more of a per patch thing. With the ship show coming, I'm glad it might be on a stable base so the experience won't be horrifying this year.

Maybe.

Plus it's getting bedsheet deformation physics for extra immersion! That has got to be worth a good couple of months of dev-time, don't you think?

I thought Rockstar shrinking horse balls were ridiculous already but that's a new level of uselessness
    What a time to be alive!