hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Elite Dangerous Odyssey Thread

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar

Elite Dangerous Odyssey Thread

Posting this in a new thread. Might pick up the game again when this is released

I have the founder edition, so I think I'll get this update free. Ground based stuff might be good with some first person pewpew involved. We'll see.

Is this a prototype for their unannounced vampire game?

Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

I'm looking forward to Braben having a meltdown over his new thousand dollar Japanese designer jeans.

Seriously though, I am looking forward to this.
    Elite is excellent as a chill "sim" to potter about in and this will hopefully add more pretty places to potter about in.
    Quote Originally Posted by cucaldvida View Post
    ...suck on the devices of the callow people...

I have a feeling some of you might of forgotten how bad frontier is at making fun game loops. The most intensive part of the game is currently upgrading your ship into a better ship for no reason at all. I also signed up so long ago I get this for free but after the last 4 years of terrible development I have little faith this will be enjoyable past 10 hours. Still hoping for more but the game is like yabsaid above. Just a viewing sim.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    I have a feeling some of you might of forgotten how bad frontier is at making fun game loops. The most intensive part of the game is currently upgrading your ship into a better ship for no reason at all. I also signed up so long ago I get this for free but after the last 4 years of terrible development I have little faith this will be enjoyable past 10 hours. Still hoping for more but the game is like yabsaid above. Just a viewing sim.

Stop being such a killjoy. Although I agree that some of the design decisions on E has been questionable (mostly the engineers mechanics) they have managed to introduce some good and fun mechanics in the game aswell. It'll be fine

I mean I hope for the best but Frontier is really taking a jewel and smearing it in shit usually. The jewel still shines through but they just keep smearing. I mean what the fuck did the last year and a half introduce, a fleet carrier update lol. This seems ambitious and hopefully they bring back Galnet and other things that give it a feel of being alive, in order to give you reasons to look at all these new worlds. I do have to say the sound design team is so good in this game though, when i fought thargoids i was just so ensnared by the experience the first time, and the sounds are a huge part of that. Hope they get the same role in making the worlds sound and feel alive.

The mining changes was pretty dope though

Quality indeed, and again the sounds of roids being split up was damn near perfect. So glad they didn't worry about realism of space sound in a game like this

In other news Elite Dangerous has surpassed 100m in revenue

https://www.financialdirector.co.uk/...-games-market/

With a functional game how could they have made so much money, in order to get rich you need to have a barely playable alpha and entice people to spend thousands on ships and other bullshit.

Insane.

With a functional game how could they have made so much money, in order to get rich you need to have a barely playable alpha and entice people to spend thousands on ships and other bullshit.

Insane.
    Uhm, are you sure you're talking about Elite Dangerous that at the most sells ship skins?

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

Insane.
    Uhm, are you sure you're talking about Elite Dangerous that at the most sells ship skins?

Tapapapatalk
    Jesus, sometimes things fly over my head but you take the cake. No offense

Insane.

Tapapapatalk
    Come on Joe! You're a way more intelligent man than I.

Insane.

Tapapapatalk
    Come on Joe! You're a way more intelligent man than I.
    That's why I thought you mixed them up.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Hahaha fair fair.