hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Carrion

Carrion

Curious here is no thread about this one.

Play as poor misunderstood lump of flesh, tentacles, teeth and blood as it fight the oppression.

I usually stay away from pixel art games, but this one is great. The feel and the sound of the game is amazing. The physics and momentum make sense. Puzzles are interesting but not too hard.

You move forward by pointing and clicking where you want to go and flurry of tentacles will explode that way, grab and pull you in that direction. Right click (or some button I guess if you are not PC master race member) will employ your killing tentacles the same way. You heal yourself (and grow) by consuming flesh of your victims.

There are several special abilities you can unlock during the play and all of them seam right and balanced. You can have three body sizes and you speed and physics of the movement is adjusted to it. Size is also representation of your health, you are like necklace of connected pearl where pearls are meatballs of tentacles and teeth. The bigger you are the slower you are (it does not hamper your gamplay if you are large but it really adds to the feeling how your movement changes).

It is great how abilities are linked to your body size. For example there is limited time invisibility and there is strong body slam attack. Invisibility is available only to you smaller size and body slam is available only to medium and large size. It makes sense. And if there is a part where you need smaller body size, you shed part of your mass in pools of ooze you can find on the maps! As you mass is linked to health, you can use same technic to store reserve health. And remember, you mass comes from devouring people! It is amazing!

Game is not too long, I've finished it in a day. Took me some 5-6 hours I think, with breaks. I just couldn't drop it. I wouldn't call it short, it felt just the right length never to get boring and fizzle out.

I didn't actually buy the game, I had some hardware upgrade recently that came with XBox Pass so I played it trough that.

If you didn't guess by now, highly recommend

Last edited by Corwyna; July 26 2020 at 07:12:52 AM.
    Hiro Cor

It's a good game.

Also: Fuck flame throwers.

this looks amazing will check out, n1 chaps

Kind of like Prototype protagonist set in 2D. Nice. I wonder if they'll expanding it with a dynamic world more like Terraria?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Yeah if this had procedural world generation/more roguelike features I’d be all about it.

Might still check it out.

I watched this for a long time, but I'll wait for discount. It's a bit too pricey for 5 hours of gameplay.