hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: General forum clean up / proof of admin life

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    The lack of life in the forum is more of a death than anything else.
    Forums are a dying thing anyway, its either reddit with it's 50 million posters so you get a perfect echo chamber or discord and chat live, why bother posting on a forum? This is one of the many forums that started with a single videogame and die when we're not in a single game any more and lose the common factor.
    This is precisely why I still check in here though... social media are dogshit for actual conversations, at least here I can keep track. On Reddit, any thread older than a day dies.

I am not hip enough for Discord, and effectively its just a single live thread with some gaymer functionalty bolted on top. So the loudest shitters win by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Forums are a dying thing anyway, its either reddit with it's 50 million posters so you get a perfect echo chamber or discord and chat live, why bother posting on a forum? This is one of the many forums that started with a single videogame and die when we're not in a single game any more and lose the common factor.
    This is precisely why I still check in here though... social media are dogshit for actual conversations, at least here I can keep track. On Reddit, any thread older than a day dies.

I am not hip enough for Discord, and effectively its just a single live thread with some gaymer functionalty bolted on top. So the loudest shitters win by default.
    ^ this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush
    idiotic posts out of context

I struggle keeping up in Discord.

The FHC one isn't even that well populated, but it's really hard to keep the train of a conversation with so many people at once in the channel

Before I quit EVE (again), keeping current on a small alliance discord started giving me anxiety after a while.

Maybe regular discord servers wouldn't be as bad because you would get less @everyone / @here spam.

Ban 2011's.

What Is Dead May Never Die

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Would have actually done some house cleaning here if I could, but don't have the proper permissions.
    Is there much house-cleaning that needs to be done?
    What duckslayer said, there is a lot of inactive forums and a lot of it could be archived or merged with existing ones. As of now all they serve to do is just attract a lot of spam which goes unnoticed

i agree the fuck out of both these positions tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post

i agree the fuck out of both these positions tbh
    plus wan, i have two discords to keep track of as it is and that's plenty. i always come back to likening fhc to the mos eisley cantina, sure there's probably a few bodies out back that could stand to be cleaned up, but it's nice to be able to kick back in the shadows and chill out with your weird-ass friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

The death of the forum format is a travesty. It is the highest tier of posting.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    this but unironically

Donor

^^ This summed it up perfectly for me.
    I don't post much but I still check in here pretty much every day. Much easier for an old fart like me to keep up.

I got no place else to go

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    this but unironically

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    this but unironically
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Madscotsman View Post

^^ This summed it up perfectly for me.
    I don't post much but I still check in here pretty much every day. Much easier for an old fart like me to keep up.
    Now if only any of it was worth keeping up with...

Perhaps try upping your game beyond lazy trolls, Isyel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush
    idiotic posts out of context

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    lazy trolls, Isyel
    These two things are inextricable.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    I did try.

Butthole
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    I did try.

Butthole
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    this but unironically
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.