hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Eve

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Prediction:
    Goons anchor 500 bubbles, CCP removes them for being deliberately excessive, Goons cries of CCP bias are heard as far as Mars, the Mittani grooms the entire cult into beleiving CCP forced a goon evac - and uses that as the basis for the next book in the Always the Victim series.
    BTW, is The Mittani still a thing in EVE?

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Prediction:
    Goons anchor 500 bubbles, CCP removes them for being deliberately excessive, Goons cries of CCP bias are heard as far as Mars, the Mittani grooms the entire cult into beleiving CCP forced a goon evac - and uses that as the basis for the next book in the Always the Victim series.
    Unfortunately.
    He transformed Goons into a personality cult and basically makes money from out of game websites/twitch whatever.

Not for much longer though

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    Prediction:
    Unfortunately.
    He transformed Goons into a personality cult and basically makes money from out of game websites/twitch whatever.

Coming back to eve after 7-8 years, it's kinda sad to see how much of it is pretty much the same people fighting the same wars & complaining about pretty much the same things as it was when I left.

edit: also sad to learn that I'm now sufficiently old & boring to mine veldspar all day.
    Last edited by Lancehot; October 20 2020 at 03:14:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    Prediction:
    Unfortunately.

"Do you wand to know more?"
    [x] Yes [ ] No

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Goons won't ever die and to assume they will is just eating spin from the other side.

Could CCP afford to lose the subs if they did?

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Yes.

Goons won't ever die and to assume they will is just eating spin from the other side.
    Everything dies eventually. Is the other side willing to sit on goons long enough for that to happen is the main question though. Getting the TNT's/bastions/etc to fold is easy and Goons' fairweather crabs will jump ship en masse if delve starts burning but i imagine the inner core of true believers are going to be pretty hard to break.

Most of the casual goons will probably just move to some other crabbing alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Everything dies eventually. Is the other side willing to sit on goons long enough for that to happen is the main question though. Getting the TNT's/bastions/etc to fold is easy and Goons' fairweather crabs will jump ship en masse if delve starts burning but i imagine the inner core of true believers are going to be pretty hard to break.
    I doubt that Goons in their current form would survive another Saranen-episode.
    It probably true though that the hard core will not break easily, but Mittens will have to change his tune.
    Even the most brainwashed goon will notice some discrepancy if she is told everything is fine while standing in front of the still burning ruins of the house. (or fortress as may be the case.. )

Maybe they'll continue emulating BOB &, having been chased out of Deklein to Delve, got filthy rich, then had the whole of null sec unite against them, they'll vow to keep going only for a disgruntled director to disband the alliance.

Donor
    Assuming Goons got wiped out, what then?

In my naive head it seems that TEST and co need Goons to exist, or a comparable foe, otherwise what's the point of playing?

Err i guess we'd; Move home, reset TEST, crab for a bit, go to war with TEST, while fighting we both get surprise steamrolled by newly formed ultra rich chinese super coalition, refuse to bend knee to our new autonomous overlords, get sent to 'reeducation' camp in branch, become loyal citizen, praise glorious leader, work tirelessly with automated precision in the oasa isk mines until death.

Probably something like that.

how did the war go from "we can reimburse100 titans every day" to "lol we'll go to lowsec nbd"

all this hurfblurf about money and industrial power and how nobody can keep up with them

it's like it never happened

I imagine a serious invasion of any of the major power blocks would reveal much of their seemingly endless wealth has mysteriously vanished

Calling it now: The ESS changes kill nullsec.

I'd prefer CCP just remove liquid isk bounties entirely (replace them with bounty sheets you have to take back to empire to sell, or something). This latest stuff just seems like them accepting that their previous "good idea" to get corps & alliances to focus on developing a few key systems, thus making them more obvious targets for attack & leaving more space for others to move in failed. No doubt it'll induce lots of screeching but few will unsub, little will change & there'll probably be some "unintended" consequence that ends up meaning supercap umbrellas are even more broken & the sov blobs can make even more isk at everyone elses expense.

edit: resubbing was a mistake. I don't like how quickly I've fallen back into being a bitter vet. (I blame the complete cockup that is how CCP have handlend the Triglavians since the invasion abruptly ended just after I paid up.)
    Last edited by Lancehot; October 25 2020 at 12:19:03 AM.

I'd prefer CCP just remove liquid isk bounties entirely (replace them with bounty sheets you have to take back to empire to sell, or something). This latest stuff just seems like them accepting that their previous "good idea" to get corps & alliances to focus on developing a few key systems, thus making them more obvious targets for attack & leaving more space for others to move in failed. No doubt it'll induce lots of screeching but few will unsub, little will change & there'll probably be some "unintended" consequence that ends up meaning supercap umbrellas are even more broken & the sov blobs can make even more isk at everyone elses expense.

edit: resubbing was a mistake. I don't like how quickly I've fallen back into being a bitter vet. (I blame the complete cockup that is how CCP have handlend the Triglavians since the invasion abruptly ended just after I paid up.)
    Maybe make the NPCs drop thinks that are quite bulky but can be reprocessed into minerals? Should make things better with all that hauling and would not inject any isk into the economy

edit: resubbing was a mistake.
    Tbh they have a nice way of luring you back in. I only resubbed to vote for Phantomite but that was it. Game remains uninteresting*.

*I have the same feeling as when I was logging in to Star Wars The Old Republic. Nice stuff but not tempted. Did some thingsTM then logged off
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Tbh they have a nice way of luring you back in. I only resubbed to vote for Phantomite but that was it. Game remains uninteresting*.

*I have the same feeling as when I was logging in to Star Wars The Old Republic. Nice stuff but not tempted. Did some thingsTM then logged off
    I log in for the people I fly with. they are way more interesting then the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodewhin Schwarz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

I log in for the people I fly with. they are way more interesting then the game.
    At some point you will realize that you can talk to people even without eve.