hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Eve

Seen theory floating around that next week/month all the stations in trig systems will go boom. Here's hoping.
    Last edited by Lancehot; September 17 2020 at 09:36:02 PM.

Besides Niarja, a few mission hubs, and a nullsec entrance or two, the list of systems seems like there would be minimal impact on most players.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Seen theory floating around that next week/month all the stations in trig systems will go boom. Here's hoping.
    The gates leading into those systems will probably shut down and you would have to enter them through the abyss.

So I guess CVA has at some point left/lost/abandoned Providence then, eh?

Serves me right for being inactive so long, now all my shit is stuck in a station my guys no longer own. Meh.

Well, maybe it gives me incentive to start over, play a new guy, new place, new racial ships preference, etc. See if I still like anything about EVE nowadays.

Dunno if it'll help, but there's this asset safety thing that I don't really understand but have a bunch of cans from (presumably) now destroyed 0.0 stations sitting in high sec, waiting for me to pay the impound fee to unlock them.

I'm having a decent time with the trig invasion public fleet stuff atm. It's all rather slapdash, but pretty active & it lets me hide (or not, as I've already concorded myself in fleet) how much I've forgotten or didn't know had changed.

edit: watching video on invention to see if anything changed. They mention visiting their R&D agents for first time in 8 years. Remember that I haven't visited mine in probably over ten years. Think that's a great way to get the isk to buy the plex to go omega. Need to be omega to interact with the agent to get the isk to get the plex to go omega. ARGH!

edit2: I'd forgotten how much of game time can be spent planning things to do instead of doing things.
    Last edited by Lancehot; September 19 2020 at 04:00:44 PM.

I think the station I'm in would have to get popped for Asset Safety to kick in. Low chance of that since it seems the ProviWar is over now.

Such is life, always wanted to re-roll a Hippie Gallente Freedom Fighter for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    I think the station I'm in would have to get popped for Asset Safety to kick in. Low chance of that since it seems the ProviWar is over now.
    If your items are in a Citadel you can just go to the Assets window, find the station and select asset saftey. Your items will be moved to whatever the nearest lowsec NPC station is that has been set up as the station for the impound. Might as well do that, because if the station goes into low power and then gets detroyed, all your stuff will drop.

Such is life, always wanted to re-roll a Hippie Gallente Freedom Fighter for a change.
    If its any form of citadel (and what was once outposts), then you can asset safety. The only thing u cant do it from is npc stations

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    I had an email from CCP telling me that "your assets are in danger!!" or something along those lines, I think I deleted it. I don't know whether it was something sent to everyone and was a clickbaity headline thing or whether I actually have some assets in a Trig conquered system. If it's the latter that would square with that rumour.

I find myself torn between wanting trigs to win systems but wanting edencom standings for their uniforms. Although with how much of a grind it is, I doubt I'll get enough for more than a beret.

edit: didn't even get a lousy t-shirt. It's quite a fab beret, though.
    Last edited by Lancehot; September 29 2020 at 02:23:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodewhin Schwarz View Post
    If your items are in a Citadel you can just go to the Assets window, find the station and select asset saftey. Your items will be moved to whatever the nearest lowsec NPC station is that has been set up as the station for the impound. Might as well do that, because if the station goes into low power and then gets detroyed, all your stuff will drop.
    I very much appreciate that, I was unaware.

I'm in an old Provi Outpost (suppose it's a "Faction Citadel" now), so I'll look into this, thanks so much!

Was thinking to myself that if I'm still logging in by October, I'd cave & buy omega. Then CCP go & announce this package & so it looks like 3 months of ship spinning & skill training for me.

edit: ah. Looks like they'll be putting up GBP prices after the sale ends. Explains why they're doing it now.
    Last edited by Lancehot; October 2 2020 at 11:12:41 AM.

Why is it always on my darkest days I get the itch again...
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Because eve is a dark and miserable place where you can bully others until they are as dark and miserable as yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Because eve is a dark and miserable place where you can bully others until they are as dark and miserable as yourself.
    and those dumbo Christians think you have to die before you get to go to heaven

Sometimes it's fun to be part of the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

I liked Eve. I like having a job more.

I've p much achieved everything I set out to do in Eve. If I came back I'd probably just do late night drunken 'anti-pirate' retardo roaming (all I ever did).

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    'anti-pirate'
    This brought back a flood of memories. Drama over people in your corp potentially being secretly not-actually-reformed pirates or whether it was acceptable to have a former "pirate" as the PVP leader of your "anti-pirate" organization.

So much time and energy spent trying to keep up the appearance of being vehemently "not those other, evil people".

I'm so glad EVE evolved to the point where you don't really need to justify violencing boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    'anti-pirate'
    This brought back a flood of memories. Drama over people in your corp potentially being secretly not-actually-reformed pirates or whether it was acceptable to have a former "pirate" as the PVP leader of your "anti-pirate" organization.

So much time and energy spent trying to keep up the appearance of being vehemently "not those other, evil people".

I'm so glad EVE evolved to the point where you don't really need to justify violencing boats.
    Good times indeed.

I was on the cusp of those times when I took to solo 1v1 but declaring yourself 'anti' while going around indiscriminately blowing everyone up was still viable. I particularly enjoyed doing it while blatantly pirating in providence. The notion of pirating is clearly dead and was so well before I quit. Genuine good times. I only ever joined two meaningful groups. Youwhat who were ex D2 Germans and Genos Occidere who were clearly shitposters and (very good) troll solo and small gang. No regrets.

Never bothered to have enough falcon alts to solo.