hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 640 of 820 FirstFirst ... 140540590630637638639640641642643650690740 ... LastLast
Results 12,781 to 12,800 of 16382

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

BTW, if you anglo-saxons ever wondered about the right circumstances in which to apply the loan word "Schadenfreude": it's something like Trump's COVID-19 infection. It's basically the perfect text book example.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    BTW, if you anglo-saxons ever wondered about the right circumstances in which to apply the loan word "Schadenfreude": it's something like Trump's COVID-19 infection. It's basically the perfect text book example.
    Next you'll have to teach us how to say it correctly!

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    Next you'll have to teach us how to say it correctly!
    At your service, Sire!

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Schad...#Pronunciation

I like that he is treated with that half-experimental juice that is based on dead baby stem-cells (apparently), but I guess its ok for his base in this case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Also the roids.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar

Just textbook narcissism shoving again, nbd it's only the guy who has the nuclear launch codes. We'll be fine

Especially the last tweet is similar to something I mentioned in a discussion about Trump's infection this weekend: apparently wearing a mask inside the WH is "discouraged" for staffers. So even if there are some sane staffers (I guess there might be plenty) who would wear a mask if it was up to them, such an order prevents them for doing so. It's that .... or losing your job, I guess.

So as far as I understand it, the US has lost a good quarter million people to COVID-19 this year. That's about 4x as many as died in Vietnam, to put it another way.

I wonder how long it will be until Two-Scoops will be killing a Vietnam worth of Americans every month? I give it until January.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Especially the last tweet is similar to something I mentioned in a discussion about Trump's infection this weekend: apparently wearing a mask inside the WH is "discouraged" for staffers. So even if there are some sane staffers (I guess there might be plenty) who would wear a mask if it was up to them, such an order prevents them for doing so. It's that .... or losing your job, I guess.
    If someone thinks a job for Trump is worth dying for, it's probably the best outcome for the planet.
    meh

I mean how many known white house staffers are there from day one lol. Or how many total compared to past admins turnover rate. He's introducing covid to speed the process up.

Trump's supporters think that he is the God Emperor. Maybe he is Nurgle instead?

They'd probably be fine with that.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    If someone thinks a job for Trump is worth dying for, it's probably the best outcome for the planet.
    Keep in mind that these staffers aren't "Trump's staff", they're just employed there. So they're not rsiking"their lifes for Trump"

Not knowing the specfifics, but here in Germany only the top level of staffers change with an administration change. Everyone else has just a job there and served multiple different administrations. Think of all the non-political jobs: cooks, technicians, janitors, typical office jobs and even low-ranking managers etc., which typically outnumber the high-ranking staff by a hugh number.

Keep in mind that these staffers aren't "Trump's staff", they're just employed there. So they're not rsiking"their lifes for Trump"

Not knowing the specfifics, but here in Germany only the top level of staffers change with an administration change. Everyone else has just a job there and served multiple different administrations. Think of all the non-political jobs: cooks, technicians, janitors, typical office jobs and even low-ranking managers etc., which typically outnumber the high-ranking staff by a hugh number.
    Yes. Those people are victims, I agree, but from the managers up, it's the loyal who get given jobs.
    meh

True. But the number of political appointees in US government positions is fairly high compared to Germany.
    In fact a US presidential administration has to appoint or review 4000 positions, including ambassadors.
    In Germany only cabinet ministers and their secretaries of state are political appointees, along with parts of their staff.

That's a massive difference in quality as to which extend a president gets to pick his staff.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Saw a clip from Trump press meet, I was in a rush so I didnt quite get if it was before or after he was taken to hospital, but I think it was after his return. He was clearly struggling breathing, like his entire body language screamed "I cant get enough air".

But, as I said dont know if it was after release or not, it was a very short clip too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Saw a clip from Trump press meet, I was in a rush so I didnt quite get if it was before or after he was taken to hospital, but I think it was after his return. He was clearly struggling breathing, like his entire body language screamed "I cant get enough air".

But, as I said dont know if it was after release or not, it was a very short clip too.
    Saw the same clip. He's definetly struggling and that's with a steroid coursing through his body. He's about to crash and burn in a day or two but that will be all on him. The dumbass should understand that being sick is not a sign of weakness or a moral failing.

About 80% of this thread:

And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post

Saw the same clip. He's definetly struggling and that's with a steroid coursing through his body. He's about to crash and burn in a day or two but that will be all on him. The dumbass should understand that being sick is not a sign of weakness or a moral failing.
    Fascist leaders literally cannot be weak

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post

Fascist leaders literally cannot be weak
    That's a nice soundbite but the reality is that Trump lacks empathy and understands the world only through his own experiences. And as his father taught him, he despises sick people.* So naturally Trump must appear strong or else he thinks people will shun him.

* From Mary Trumps book "Too much and never enough"
    Last edited by Spartan Dax; October 6 2020 at 06:02:47 PM.