hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 639 of 736 FirstFirst ... 139539589629636637638639640641642649689 ... LastLast
Results 12,761 to 12,780 of 14715

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

had a quick look, immigrant visas from EU have steadily declined during Trump (48,830 in 2016 to 40,367 in 2019). but has been in a general decline anyway (was 58,366 in 2000). it did dip down to 41,533 and then build back up to 48,830 during obama, would be mildly interested how closely EU immigration tracks democrat presidencies. I don't know what policies were in effect year by year that would affect these figures though, regardless, there's a general trend towards 'nope' from the EU.

I personally am very hesitant to look for an H1-B position in the sciences, and pretty much everyone around me (including US citizens) is badmouthing the way things are going as well.

It kinda sucks because 2 years at a US university or other research centre would be the logical next step to polish my CV, but to be fair it was getting less and less attractive even before Trump.

The reality on the ground is probably much different though, being very much dependent on where in particular you are headed.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    Also to note, openly cheering for POTUS to die, even from disease he got infected with only due to personnel stubbornness and stupidity, may put one on a number of anti terrorism watch lists.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Couldnt care less
    They can't abduct everyone for having a right old laugh at the orange trumpanzee being hoist by his own petard.
    But they can deny you USA visa, especially H2-B, or deny you entry if you already have one.
    Fear of being on a list over saying I hope something happens that cannot change regardless of my will is not a watch list worthy thing. Mostly because millions are saying it. Fear monger away though.

Guys, Bernie can still win!

Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    I'm getting a 403 for these two pictures.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    I'm getting a 403 for these two pictures.
    It was you that broke it.

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

It's not important, but it's still hilarious:

Trump team staged a couple photo ops inside the hospital, supposedly showing the president hard at work. It didn't take long for someone to look at the exif data and find that the pictures, taken in different rooms, wearing different jackets, looking at different papers... were taken just ten minutes apart.

And then someone else decided to zoom in on one of them, where Trump is using a fat sharpie to sign the middle of a blank piece of paper.

These people are so ridiculously insecure.
    Quarantined and loving life.

People who know they are shit at their job general are.
    meh

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    It's not important, but it's still hilarious:

Trump team staged a couple photo ops inside the hospital, supposedly showing the president hard at work. It didn't take long for someone to look at the exif data and find that the pictures, taken in different rooms, wearing different jackets, looking at different papers... were taken just ten minutes apart.

And then someone else decided to zoom in on one of them, where Trump is using a fat sharpie to sign the middle of a blank piece of paper.

These people are so ridiculously insecure.
    There may be good reason for this, no point in keeping a photographer hanging around for too long around an infectious individual. It may also be a case of 'keeping up appearances' (one could debate if this is a wise move or if they should be more candid about his physical state). I recall reading that there was speculation that Bozza ended up hospitalised because he tried to battle on and didn't spend enough time resting.

Listened in to the press conference outside the hospital that was broadcast earlier. Was a bit dubious about the statement that the Donald is 'maxing out' his spirometry tests. I can envision him being fine, despite being 'at risk' looks like they're pulling out all of the stops to prevent his condition deteriorating.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    I personally am very hesitant to look for an H1-B position in the sciences, and pretty much everyone around me (including US citizens) is badmouthing the way things are going as well.

It kinda sucks because 2 years at a US university or other research centre would be the logical next step to polish my CV, but to be fair it was getting less and less attractive even before Trump.

The reality on the ground is probably much different though, being very much dependent on where in particular you are headed.
    Not to mention numerous anecdotes of how the US Immigration and Customs people treat visitors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

'scool. More freedumbs for us.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Nobody is talking about his taxes anymore. OP success!

also ultimately, a democracy (however shit america's is right now) should be decided by votes, and the people - not by illness or death.
    Seem like U.S. citizens have a hard time accepting this.