hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 632 of 735 FirstFirst ... 132532582622629630631632633634635642682732 ... LastLast
Results 12,621 to 12,640 of 14700

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    right sorry, and to avoid confusion and walls of texts

yes - the US's political scene (and quite a few places in north europe, lets not sling shit here) is crap at the moment

yes - real, substantial change needs to happen

yes - biden is crap and old and rubbish and so on

BUT

that isn't relevant right this second. In a month, people in america will have a choice between Trump or Biden - not Trump or Biden and a brand new way of doing things, or Trump and Jesus, or anything else - Trump and Biden.

so with that in mind, sharing things equalling Biden to Hitler, or isn't exactly useful. He's what there is. Bringing Biden down for not being perfect, isn't useful. The reality is, it's Trump vs Biden.

So you can either be disruptive hoping for a better system - which isn't going to happen in a month, and vote for an alternative which indirectly helps Trump, or you can just be a fucking realist and vote Biden, and try and instigate change while he's on office. Your alternative is another 4 years - or more if he gets his way - of Trump, and enjoy being the person saying 'i told you so' while the US, and as a knock on the rest of the world drowns in even more shite

THIS IS WHY people who are so blinkered, so extreme in their views do my head in - you don't live in the real world.
    You can just be honest and say that you only care about kicking Trump out. That's how quite a few voters feel. He's obviously the number #1 American issue that is felt most viscerally from across the pond.

All this other stuff of "yes, US politics is a bit rubbish, and so on" is just nonsense though. You'll be back to sleep even as the US spirals into a long decline under the nice president. A lot of people in America don't even give a shit about the opioid crisis for example. Just ask erich lol
    Last edited by mewninn; September 30 2020 at 11:14:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Makes me wonder if people type that sort of thing into Google to confirm their existing bias or for some other reason.

Like, if you're planning to vote Biden, and thought he did well, but you expect more people on the internet to think Trump won, which would you search for?
    I dont know but I thought it was interesting and worth sharing

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    opioid crisis
    it's a business opportunity, not a crisis

yes - the US's political scene (and quite a few places in north europe, lets not sling shit here) is crap at the moment

BUT

that isn't relevant right this second. In a month, people in america will have a choice between Trump or Biden - not Trump or Biden and a brand new way of doing things, or Trump and Jesus, or anything else - Trump and Biden.

so with that in mind, sharing things equalling Biden to Hitler, or isn't exactly useful. He's what there is. Bringing Biden down for not being perfect, isn't useful. The reality is, it's Trump vs Biden.

So you can either be disruptive hoping for a better system - which isn't going to happen in a month, and vote for an alternative which indirectly helps Trump, or you can just be a fucking realist and vote Biden, and try and instigate change while he's on office. Your alternative is another 4 years - or more if he gets his way - of Trump, and enjoy being the person saying 'i told you so' while the US, and as a knock on the rest of the world drowns in even more shite

THIS IS WHY people who are so blinkered, so extreme in their views do my head in - you don't live in the real world.
    You can just be honest and say that you only care about kicking Trump out. That's how quite a few voters feel. He's obviously the number #1 American issue that is felt most viscerally from across the pond.

All this other stuff of "yes, US politics is a bit rubbish, and so on" is just nonsense though. You'll be back to sleep even as the US spirals into a long decline under the nice president. A lot of people in America don't even give a shit about the opioid crisis for example. Just ask erich lol
    WHat makes you think I don’t care about the opioid crisis?
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

BUT

Your usual posts on red states and dumb dumb voters/whites.

BUT

Your usual posts on red states and dumb dumb voters/whites.
    That doesn't mean I don't recognize actions by big pharma and politicians to exacerbate it for profit. One of the biggest reasons to end marijuana prohibition is so that you can replace a lot of opioids currently used to manage pain that would be far better managed with less harsh drugs.
    meh

All this other stuff of "yes, US politics is a bit rubbish, and so on" is just nonsense though.
    Not really, no. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by cucaldvida View Post
    ...suck on the devices of the callow people...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    All this other stuff of "yes, US politics is a bit rubbish, and so on" is just nonsense though.
    Not really, no. lol.
    wrong

"guys come on if we just stick to the lesser evil everything will work out"

I mean you are a proud boys member so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    I mean you are a Going Back boys member so.
    fyp

I was talking to a few friends today and asked if they noticed ads for "move to Canada, expedite your visa process" on youtube. Most had seen them, only took this long for that fear to be widely marketed.

Santorum lets the cat out of the bag.

meh

Santorum lets the cat out of the bag.

Gold.

Hahaha Rick really was an amazing canidate, that shocked look he got when he realized what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    It's a shit idea though...
    meh

It's an informed observation based on watching past 30 years mate. And it's not limited to only US.

It may be true but the messaging is dogshit and does little to convince the majority of voters to swtich sides. bernie was great at not attacking voters, alot of his followers aren't so great at it. Besides the right wing trolls on his IG account, the sadddest fuckers are the one saying "GET BACK IN THERE YOU CAN STILL WIN! I NEED YOU".

Here's hoping Biden wins, and progressive wake up to playing the game of politics to win, not to score virtue points and fucking worry about impressing the youth. AOC does seem like she's learning alot and is better than most people at reading the room, hopefully in 8 years enough of her supporters age into wanting to vote all the time.

I strongly suspect though that in the next few months shit will go bad here fast. Not having good vibes about the fall out of this election so far. At least Trump mentioned Philly last night, glad to know he has it on his mind for deletion.