hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 567 of 619 FirstFirst ... 67467517557564565566567568569570577617 ... LastLast
Results 11,321 to 11,340 of 12379

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

  1. #11321

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    As I said last time, I wish nothing but the worse for the both of them, Pelosi and Schumer as fucking horrible leaders. The party needs more AOC's for sure.
    Yes, please. Love seeing that nitwit as the face of the DNC. ��
    You'd know a thing or two...

  2. #11322

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    7,539
    Ofcourse voting for the democrats will be a lesser evil, but you are still voting for evil and until something gets changed about that insane partisan system you will always be voting for evil and your slide downwards will continue. And arresting that fall will require something else than the ballot box.

  3. #11323
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,378
    Marlona is the Meester of America, just more retarded and openly racist, like America.

  4. #11324
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,137
    The Arkansas Republican senator Tom Cotton has called the enslavement of millions of African people “the necessary evil upon which the union was built”.

    Cotton, widely seen as a possible presidential candidate in 2024, made the comment in an interview with the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette published on Sunday.

    He was speaking in support of legislation he introduced on Thursday that aims to prohibit use of federal funds to teach the 1619 Project, an initiative from the New York Times that reframes US history around August 1619 and the arrival of slave ships on American shores for the first time.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...new-york-times

  5. #11325
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    7,760
    Nuke the entire site from orbit, only way to be sure.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  6. #11326
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    21,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    The Arkansas Republican senator Tom Cotton has called the enslavement of millions of African people “the necessary evil upon which the union was built”.

    Cotton, widely seen as a possible presidential candidate in 2024, made the comment in an interview with the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette published on Sunday.

    He was speaking in support of legislation he introduced on Thursday that aims to prohibit use of federal funds to teach the 1619 Project, an initiative from the New York Times that reframes US history around August 1619 and the arrival of slave ships on American shores for the first time.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...new-york-times
    Just testing the waters for real, competent fascism.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  7. #11327
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    14,629
    next republican presidential candidate right there tbh, likely "president for life" candidate too.

    it's one of those "he's not wrong, but that doesn't justify jack shit" arguments he's trotting out, America would not be in the position it is in today if it had not abducted millions of people from Africa to work the plantations, but that doesn't justify what happened. and he's arguing against the 1619 project that tries to put a greater emphasis on this part of American history arguing that doing so is "bad".

    Cotton is just a straight up fascist that says the quiet part out loud, he would not be where he is without significant support.
    of course, having the balls to just straight up say what he believes is precisely why he'd make a fine figurehead.
    Last edited by Liare; July 27 2020 at 10:08:51 AM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  8. #11328
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    15,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-owners-380162

    Gun control legislation incoming in a year or two then. Canít have anyone uppity getting guns.
    The quickest way to effect change in the US. Empower other people to do something republicans thought was their exclusive domain.
    You mean Democrats. Democrats have always despised minorities being able to defend themselves. They are the party of slavery after all. Oh and the KKK... and Jim Crow...
    Sure, Until Republicans decided that was how they win in 70. Then they took it over, happily, and what you see now is the result. Meanwhile, almost all African Americans vote for the democrats. I suppose you have an excellent reason for this, that paints Democrats as ďthe real racistsĒ when we can all see itís people like you claim to be.
    Thatís a lie. The reason black people switched to voting for Democrats was the Great Depression. The Democrats campaigned on providing government jobs. Black people were desperate for jobs so they changed their vote. Go watch Hillaryís America.
    You mean back before black people could vote?
    meh

  9. #11329

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    6,753
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-owners-380162

    Gun control legislation incoming in a year or two then. Canít have anyone uppity getting guns.
    The quickest way to effect change in the US. Empower other people to do something republicans thought was their exclusive domain.
    You mean Democrats. Democrats have always despised minorities being able to defend themselves. They are the party of slavery after all. Oh and the KKK... and Jim Crow...
    Sure, Until Republicans decided that was how they win in 70. Then they took it over, happily, and what you see now is the result. Meanwhile, almost all African Americans vote for the democrats. I suppose you have an excellent reason for this, that paints Democrats as ďthe real racistsĒ when we can all see itís people like you claim to be.
    Thatís a lie. The reason black people switched to voting for Democrats was the Great Depression. The Democrats campaigned on providing government jobs. Black people were desperate for jobs so they changed their vote. Go watch Hillaryís America.
    You mean back before black people could vote?
    They're not "wrong;" but they are using Dinesh D'Souza as a source.

  10. #11330
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    15,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-owners-380162

    Gun control legislation incoming in a year or two then. Can’t have anyone uppity getting guns.
    The quickest way to effect change in the US. Empower other people to do something republicans thought was their exclusive domain.
    You mean Democrats. Democrats have always despised minorities being able to defend themselves. They are the party of slavery after all. Oh and the KKK... and Jim Crow...
    Sure, Until Republicans decided that was how they win in 70. Then they took it over, happily, and what you see now is the result. Meanwhile, almost all African Americans vote for the democrats. I suppose you have an excellent reason for this, that paints Democrats as “the real racists” when we can all see it’s people like you claim to be.
    That’s a lie. The reason black people switched to voting for Democrats was the Great Depression. The Democrats campaigned on providing government jobs. Black people were desperate for jobs so they changed their vote. Go watch Hillary’s America.
    You mean back before black people could vote?
    They're not "wrong;" but they are using Dinesh D'Souza as a source.
    But then President Lyndon B. Johnson pushed through the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964 (outlawing segregation in public places) and his eventual Republican opponent, Sen. Barry Goldwater, opposed it. Johnson got 94 percent of the black vote that year, still a record for any presidential election.

    The following year Johnson signed the 1965 Voting Rights Act. No Republican presidential candidate has gotten more than 15 percent of the black vote since.
    In Short: Democrats like FDR giving a fuck about people was anti-republican, and why all "the n*s started voting for the Demonrats because of the great depression".

    woo doggie. Imagine holding up something someone, who wouldn't even be invited into the party today, did 160 odd years ago, as the reason your entire ideology of racial oppression isn't your fault and so you don't have to take any responsibility for your actions of racism.

    What sad fucking weaklings.
    Last edited by erichkknaar; July 27 2020 at 02:00:28 PM.
    meh

  11. #11331
    Dorvil Barranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,940
    Clearly it is because they aren't smart enough to vote Republican.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang


  12. #11332

    Join Date
    August 18, 2014
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-owners-380162

    Gun control legislation incoming in a year or two then. Can’t have anyone uppity getting guns.
    The quickest way to effect change in the US. Empower other people to do something republicans thought was their exclusive domain.
    You mean Democrats. Democrats have always despised minorities being able to defend themselves. They are the party of slavery after all. Oh and the KKK... and Jim Crow...
    Sure, Until Republicans decided that was how they win in 70. Then they took it over, happily, and what you see now is the result. Meanwhile, almost all African Americans vote for the democrats. I suppose you have an excellent reason for this, that paints Democrats as “the real racists” when we can all see it’s people like you claim to be.
    That’s a lie. The reason black people switched to voting for Democrats was the Great Depression. The Democrats campaigned on providing government jobs. Black people were desperate for jobs so they changed their vote. Go watch Hillary’s America.
    You mean back before black people could vote?
    They're not "wrong;" but they are using Dinesh D'Souza as a source.
    But then President Lyndon B. Johnson pushed through the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964 (outlawing segregation in public places) and his eventual Republican opponent, Sen. Barry Goldwater, opposed it. Johnson got 94 percent of the black vote that year, still a record for any presidential election.

    The following year Johnson signed the 1965 Voting Rights Act. No Republican presidential candidate has gotten more than 15 percent of the black vote since.
    In Short: Democrats like FDR giving a fuck about people was anti-republican, and why all "the n*s started voting for the Demonrats because of the great depression".

    woo doggie. Imagine holding up something someone, who wouldn't even be invited into the party today, did 160 odd years ago, as the reason your entire ideology of racial oppression isn't your fault and so you don't have to take any responsibility for your actions of racism.

    What sad fucking weaklings.
    Which means the conspiracy between Hillary and Trump to keep Bernie out of office worked beautifully; imagine what kind of citizens would never vote for you again after Bernie gave everyone Universal Health Care and Basic Income for all.
    Some guy at a keyboard in either a basement or a very small fish room, perhaps a rental or a relatives home (Aunt/Uncle/Grandparent, wouldn't be caught dead in parent's basement), probably.
    Also don't want to assume anyone's musical instrument preference, as it might be a piano, organ, or even a Moog Modular, but as far as I know 'keyboard' is the catch all term.

  13. #11333
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    21,917
    Clearly the biggest threat to American politics at the moment isn't fascist entryism via the GOP, its a slightly more left wing policy platform from the democrats.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  14. #11334

    Join Date
    August 18, 2014
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Clearly the biggest threat to American politics at the moment isn't fascist entryism via the GOP, its a slightly more left wing policy platform from the democrats.
    I would counter that the veil being removed from the longstanding fascist policy of the GOP and being shown to the average citizen, veteran, or mother, is the biggest threat to American politics.

  15. #11335
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    15,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Proxy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Clearly the biggest threat to American politics at the moment isn't fascist entryism via the GOP, its a slightly more left wing policy platform from the democrats.
    I would counter that the veil being removed from the longstanding fascist policy of the GOP and being shown to the average citizen, veteran, or mother, is the biggest threat to American politics.
    That would be Americans apathetically not punishing the GOP for it.
    meh

  16. #11336
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    15,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    America would not be in the position it is in today if it had not abducted millions of people from Africa to work the plantations
    That is an interestingly self-defensive re-writing of history.

    In point of fact, most of the "abduction" was done by Europeans, specifically the Portuguese, the British, the French, the Spanish, the Dutch and Danish, as well as Arabs of course.

    Slavery in the American colonies and after was a European creation, not an "American" creation.

    You folks need to be a little less smugly self-righteous, and own up to your OWN shabby histories in regards to this evil practice. You all bear the stain of African colonization, exploitation (a European creation) and slavery in your own collective national pasts.

    None of you are clean, none of your own nations are clean of horrific evil in their pasts, and none of your own nations would "be where they are today" without those histories either.

    -------

    With that said, you're correct though, that the U.S. today would not be what it was without the history that led us to this point, that's unquestionable.

    And if the U.S. was not the powerful nation it was, perhaps the Germans and Japanese win the 2nd World War. Who knows. No strong U.S. backing the U.K., and the U.K. may have fallen along with France. No U.S., maybe Franco's Spain is less fearful of joining the Axis. No Western Front, maybe the Germans win. No Pacific threat, maybe Japan invades Russia along with the Germans. A weak U.S. could have changed the entire course of that War.

    Oh, and Cotton sucks, fuck him.
    Last edited by Alistair; July 27 2020 at 04:28:03 PM.


  17. #11337
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    15,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Proxy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-owners-380162

    Gun control legislation incoming in a year or two then. Can’t have anyone uppity getting guns.
    The quickest way to effect change in the US. Empower other people to do something republicans thought was their exclusive domain.
    You mean Democrats. Democrats have always despised minorities being able to defend themselves. They are the party of slavery after all. Oh and the KKK... and Jim Crow...
    Sure, Until Republicans decided that was how they win in 70. Then they took it over, happily, and what you see now is the result. Meanwhile, almost all African Americans vote for the democrats. I suppose you have an excellent reason for this, that paints Democrats as “the real racists” when we can all see it’s people like you claim to be.
    That’s a lie. The reason black people switched to voting for Democrats was the Great Depression. The Democrats campaigned on providing government jobs. Black people were desperate for jobs so they changed their vote. Go watch Hillary’s America.
    You mean back before black people could vote?
    They're not "wrong;" but they are using Dinesh D'Souza as a source.
    But then President Lyndon B. Johnson pushed through the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964 (outlawing segregation in public places) and his eventual Republican opponent, Sen. Barry Goldwater, opposed it. Johnson got 94 percent of the black vote that year, still a record for any presidential election.

    The following year Johnson signed the 1965 Voting Rights Act. No Republican presidential candidate has gotten more than 15 percent of the black vote since.
    In Short: Democrats like FDR giving a fuck about people was anti-republican, and why all "the n*s started voting for the Demonrats because of the great depression".

    woo doggie. Imagine holding up something someone, who wouldn't even be invited into the party today, did 160 odd years ago, as the reason your entire ideology of racial oppression isn't your fault and so you don't have to take any responsibility for your actions of racism.

    What sad fucking weaklings.
    Which means the conspiracy between Hillary and Trump to keep Bernie out of office worked beautifully; imagine what kind of citizens would never vote for you again after Bernie gave everyone Universal Health Care and Basic Income for all.
    Some guy at a keyboard in either a basement or a very small fish room, perhaps a rental or a relatives home (Aunt/Uncle/Grandparent, wouldn't be caught dead in parent's basement), probably.
    Also don't want to assume anyone's musical instrument preference, as it might be a piano, organ, or even a Moog Modular, but as far as I know 'keyboard' is the catch all term.
    Why not a stack of all 3 instruments controlled from a single keyboard
    meh

  18. #11338
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    The Arkansas Republican senator Tom Cotton has called the enslavement of millions of African people “the necessary evil upon which the union was built”.

    Cotton, widely seen as a possible presidential candidate in 2024, made the comment in an interview with the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette published on Sunday.

    He was speaking in support of legislation he introduced on Thursday that aims to prohibit use of federal funds to teach the 1619 Project, an initiative from the New York Times that reframes US history around August 1619 and the arrival of slave ships on American shores for the first time.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...new-york-times
    Well well, I guess it's Infrastructure Week after all.

    Better nuke up, Mexico,.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  19. #11339
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    5,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    America would not be in the position it is in today if it had not abducted millions of people from Africa to work the plantations
    That is an interestingly self-defensive re-writing of history.

    In point of fact, most of the "abduction" was done by Europeans, specifically the Portuguese, the British, the French, the Spanish, the Dutch and Danish, as well as Arabs of course.

    Slavery in the American colonies and after was a European creation, not an "American" creation.
    woah m8 we're here to talk about how bad USA is no need to let everyone know about euro history fake news!
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

  20. #11340
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    14,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    America would not be in the position it is in today if it had not abducted millions of people from Africa to work the plantations
    That is an interestingly self-defensive re-writing of history.

    In point of fact, most of the "abduction" was done by Europeans, specifically the Portuguese, the British, the French, the Spanish, the Dutch and Danish, as well as Arabs of course.

    Slavery in the American colonies and after was a European creation, not an "American" creation.

    You folks need to be a little less smugly self-righteous, and own up to your OWN shabby histories in regards to this evil practice. You all bear the stain of African colonization, exploitation (a European creation) and slavery in your own collective national pasts.

    None of you are clean, none of your own nations are clean of horrific evil in their pasts, and none of your own nations would "be where they are today" without those histories either.

    -------
    none of those ships would have been sailing without buyers for the slaves, the chief benefactor was the colonies, later the united states.

    but your assumption that i am somehow not as critical of my own, or other nations, is amusing to behold, do you have some sort of projected persecution complex going on ?


    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    With that said, you're correct though, that the U.S. today would not be what it was without the history that led us to this point, that's unquestionable.

    And if the U.S. was not the powerful nation it was, perhaps the Germans and Japanese win the 2nd World War. Who knows. No strong U.S. backing the U.K., and the U.K. may have fallen along with France. No U.S., maybe Franco's Spain is less fearful of joining the Axis. No Western Front, maybe the Germans win. No Pacific threat, maybe Japan invades Russia along with the Germans. A weak U.S. could have changed the entire course of that War.

    Oh, and Cotton sucks, fuck him.
    the USSR would have won on it's own, with a even larger pile of dead and significantly longer war to show for it, the consensus on that is pretty solid for speculative history and often discussed over at ask historians
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •