hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 565 of 619 FirstFirst ... 65465515555562563564565566567568575615 ... LastLast
Results 11,281 to 11,300 of 12377

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Like ... how could any woman ever vote for him after that pussy-grabbing audio file? In a sane country, that should have cost him half of the available voter's demographic.
    That's his appeal and I'm sure it won him more votes than lost. It's really more worrying that people still don't get it. Turns out sheer audacity of stating in crude terms in public that there are women that will throw themselves at you if you flex enough $$$ in front of them wins more points than looses. Although with him it might have been sheer stupidity. I can never quite tell.

it's both
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Adds aren't run nationally anymore, you target the areas where you need to win votes.
    Also with social networks, and their tracking of personal data, you can also target individuals.

If you are in a democratic state or a leftist, you won't see many if any adds targeting you.
    Except on fuckign Youtube, where it's literally every video I have to report for having adverts related to sexual abuse, domestic terrorism and racism.
    Last edited by erichkknaar; July 24 2020 at 12:41:48 PM.
    meh

prewarning: i got a little ranty haha

I'd love to know why people vote and vocally support people against their own interest. Its a long running conversation I have with some friends. I just do not understand. Its not a "lol americans" issue either. It happens everywhere.

The reality is that all tis dumb shit benefits people like me, and I'm not even the part of the demographic that is directly being benefited. Its madness.

Even basic shit, Like who in their fucking mind thinks feeding and giving healthcare to children is a bad thing? How fucking devoid om empathy do you have to be to even think that?

All children should get free school meals and school holiday programs. No registration, jsut turn up and have a free fucking meal. You managed to walk into the right building? Conrgats, here is a free meal for you. No questions.

Oh whats that, you are 10 years old with some sort of cancer, here is the top 5 hospitals in your area, what works best for you? No we dont need your health insurance information, its a fucking child!!

Its really not just americans,im pretty sure a lot of UK people feel he same way against these "scroungers" lol.

Giving all the bail out money to every person in a council house would do more for the economy than 10 years of corporate buy outs. No one in a council flat owns an offshore account ina tax heaven.

Sales of 65" OLED televisions and nissan quashquais are gonna go through the fucking roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post

I'd love to know why people vote and vocally support people against their own interest. Its a long running conversation I have with some friends. I just do not understand. Its not a "lol americans" issue either. It happens everywhere.

The reality is that all tis dumb shit benefits people like me, and I'm not even the part of the demographic that is directly being benefited. Its madness.

Even basic shit, Like who in their fucking mind thinks feeding and giving healthcare to children is a bad thing? How fucking devoid om empathy do you have to be to even think that?

All children should get free school meals and school holiday programs. No registration, jsut turn up and have a free fucking meal. You managed to walk into the right building? Conrgats, here is a free meal for you. No questions.

Oh whats that, you are 10 years old with some sort of cancer, here is the top 5 hospitals in your area, what works best for you? No we dont need your health insurance information, its a fucking child!!

Its really not just americans,im pretty sure a lot of UK people feel he same way against these "scroungers" lol.

Giving all the bail out money to every person in a council house would do more for the economy than 10 years of corporate buy outs. No one in a council flat owns an offshore account ina tax heaven.

Sales of 65" OLED televisions and nissan quashquais are gonna go through the fucking roof.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Capitalist-...s%2C145&sr=8-1

People can't imagine any sort of alternative and actively rebel against the hope of improvement, maybe out of fear of change or something.
    Last edited by Keckers; July 24 2020 at 01:45:39 PM.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Because real people don't give a fuck about the inter-political bullshit of the parties because its not worth wading through their shit for one pointless vote every 5 years that means fuck all unless you're in a marginal when the end result is the same deference to the city, capital and the old boys club (for the UK at least) as the last set of cunts.

Also ignorance is celebrated in this country. Look how popular Towie and the likes are. Worse than organized religion for dragging down the collective conciousness of the masses

I think there's been a massive bait and switch take place in society where you have workers engaged in an all vs all struggle against each other in increasingly precarious working and economic environments, but this has been sold to them as a form of rugged individualism where people feel proud for earning what little they have. This individualism is a complete perversion of the romantic concept of 'entrepreneurialism', and leads to a working class somehow identifying with class interests which do not affect them in anyway.

You see a rejection of this individualism among younger generations who are embracing a sort of ironic collective nihilism to cover for a generational anxiety which seems to pervade everything. I think largely people see through the myths of 'The American Dream' now, but there is no alternative to embrace and no future to build which feels worthwhile.

We've been suckered into a reflexive impotence which is self fulfilling, everybody just tries instead to conserve whatever they currently have. This kills any sort of progressive solidarity.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I think there's been a massive bait and switch take place in society where you have workers engaged in an all vs all struggle against each other in increasingly precarious working and economic environments, but this has been sold to them as a form of rugged individualism where people feel proud for earning what little they have. This individualism is a complete perversion of the romantic concept of 'entrepreneurialism', and leads to a working class somehow identifying with class interests which do not affect them in anyway.

You see a rejection of this individualism among younger generations who are embracing a sort of ironic collective nihilism to cover for a generational anxiety which seems to pervade everything. I think largely people see through the myths of 'The American Dream' now, but there is no alternative to embrace and no future to build which feels worthwhile.

We've been suckered into a reflexive impotence which is self fulfilling, everybody just tries instead to conserve whatever they currently have. This kills any sort of progressive solidarity.
    It's not just rejection, it's very often hostility built on strong foundations of huge pent up frustration. Especially visible among graduates of universities in fields that are not sought after in job market.

I guess I see it as nihilistic in that it isn't constructive or based on a hopeful future.

I guess I see it as nihilistic in that it isn't constructive or based on a hopeful future.
    Hmm, ymmv but from people I interact with it's more of a cry for help and meaning than downright conscious nihilism embrace. Enter Jordan Peterson.

People don't want to rely on other people becasue they are unreliable. This is as old as time.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    People don't want to rely on other people becasue they are unreliable. This is as old as time.
    Sure no one wants to be dependant on others but at the same time we see plenty of every day examples where help is offered to the old lady in the building to pick up groceries etc.

Humans do help each other, we always have.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Sure no one wants to be dependant on others but at the same time we see plenty of every day examples where help is offered to the old lady in the building to pick up groceries etc.

Humans do help each other, we always have.
    Well ofc. Many of us have empathy for our fellow humans. Not enough of us to win the vote, though.
    meh

I'd love to know why people vote and vocally support people against their own interest.
    The average person is far too stupid to understand the complexities of his 'own interests', much less who actually would best represent them and how they would do so.

Even basic shit, Like free this, free that, free free free.......?
    Free stuff still has cost, and that cost is generally high tax rates and scarcity due to demand.

People generally look first and hardest at the cost, few ever seem to focus on the benefit, especially if it's a collective, not personal, benefit.

If only all humans were both brilliant and selfless, the whole public policy question would be a fucking breeze, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

I'd love to know why people vote and vocally support people against their own interest.
    The average person is far too stupid to understand the complexities of his 'own interests', much less who actually would best represent them and how they would do so.

Even basic shit, Like free this, free that, free free free.......?
    Free stuff still has cost, and that cost is generally high tax rates and scarcity due to demand.

People generally look first and hardest at the cost, few ever seem to focus on the benefit, especially if it's a collective, not personal, benefit.

If only all humans were both brilliant and selfless, the whole public policy question would be a fucking breeze, wouldn't it?
    The idea that society needs geniuses and cannot look out for itself without strong guidance from authorities with supreme intelligence stems from this kind of thinking and moral fretting about what people will do left unchecked. Saying you have to pay taxes for services rendered isnt unacceptable to most people. The issue is the major capital creators and earners pay nothing compared to a standard person then ask for services to be cut so they can pay what, even more nothing?

People aren't so horrible and selfish that they cannot be trusted, the system we have set up around us is however. Taking a fair share from the rich would set in motion almost all the changes we need to aim for. The money I pay in taxes goes to shit I largely oppose. I don't resent the tax itself but it's horrible usage. I think most people feel this frustration in a range of ways, and we've seen a media empire set up to capitalize on that frustration. It goes both ways to be fair, look at the abysmally shit coverage of democratic increases to DHS spending.

Conservative ideology however is insanelt biased towards exploiting the population to resent this and self sabotage and swindle them to vote against their interests.

Hopefully trump and Pelosi kill each other soon in a brutal battle. I'd pay twice the income tax just to see that.

The Star Trek utopia is an unproven theory. I consider myself left of center, but lets not pretend that the "voting against ones interest" doesnt cut both ways. You cant control the outcomes, and what worked in the past may not work now.

Economics is a voodoo science as a whole, after all.

e: beat me to it

Why would you want free health care? That is going to give you higher taxes.
    Instead is it much better to pay for insurance, which doesn't cover basic needs like ambulances or pre-existing conditions.

Financial ruin is a much more appealing approach.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

You give people far too much credit Jack, IMO.

And not because I am a "conservative", fuck sake FHC exposure has damned near turned me into a Progressive (by US Standards).

And not because I am a "conservative", fuck sake FHC exposure has damned near turned me into a Progressive (by US Standards).
    No need to thank us

don't worry, "US Standards" are so completely fucked that you can still be a conservative in basically every other country on earth but be to the left of even moderate Republicans.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.