hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 564 of 624 FirstFirst ... 64464514554561562563564565566567574614 ... LastLast
Results 11,261 to 11,280 of 12469

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

AOC 2024 is our best bet for a female president tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Most of them didn't say out and out they were racist, Woodrow Wilson was probably the closest one to outright saying he was, and even then skirted a line.
    While I'm sure he was pretty racist, Wilson was at least willing to give non-white countries like Japan equal status in the League of Nations as long as they were way way over there, far across the ocean. He only went back on that when he realized it would lose him the southern vote for re-election. I'm not sure all of his predecessors would have been willing to go even that far.

AS long as it's not Harris or some rando centrist like Tim Kaine was, I'd be happy with Warren and anything left of Warren.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Tammy Quackworth?
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    I mean I'm not a huge Joe Biden fan, but I get what he's trying to say. Most of them didn't say out and out they were racist, Woodrow Wilson was probably the closest one to outright saying he was, and even then skirted a line. Trump however is unable to speak im subtle terms and openly whistles for white supremacist values. He speaks like a mob boss but no one is confused about his meanings.

Honestly I hope Biden picks a young progressive woman, and he croaks or steps away first term, so she can rub with incumbency to secure our first woman president who isn't an ancient troll.

Hopefully Trump gets covid during the convention and dies on camera.
    what's more likely is he's going to pick somebody toxic like Harris with her hardline stance on "justice" issues and then we're going to see to demented old men rambling at each other for a couple of months, as Bidens campaign manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory again and again. followed by a very muddled election that has a significant lack of legitimacy due to claims of fraud and voter exclusion (a favourite being enormous city voting districts, 3 voting machines with 2 broken and queues so long a lot of inner city voters give up) and trump refusing to stand down.

oh yea, and the republicans basically just running on full throated fascism that the democrats can't actually address because liberals never can.
    I hope he picks Tammy Duckworth, for several reasons.

1. Asians have been trending towards Republicans more and more. The embrace of an Asian running mate would show that the Democrats are serious about courting this demographic, and crack the Asian vote.
    2. It's not a black person, so the Republicans couldn't keep hitting the Dems for being beholden to the black vote.
    3. Black voters are fickle. No matter which black running mate you choose, there will be massive whining about picking the wrong black person.
    4. Trump has been very hesitant to talk about Duckworth in a negative way.
    5. She would destroy Pence in any debate.
    Not a bad shout...
    More than any other campaign I think Biden's success/failure will depend on who he picks as a running mate as he's probably going to get annihilated during the debates.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    I mean I'm not a huge Joe Biden fan, but I get what he's trying to say. Most of them didn't say out and out they were racist, Woodrow Wilson was probably the closest one to outright saying he was, and even then skirted a line. Trump however is unable to speak im subtle terms and openly whistles for white supremacist values. He speaks like a mob boss but no one is confused about his meanings.

Honestly I hope Biden picks a young progressive woman, and he croaks or steps away first term, so she can rub with incumbency to secure our first woman president who isn't an ancient troll.

Hopefully Trump gets covid during the convention and dies on camera.
    what's more likely is he's going to pick somebody toxic like Harris with her hardline stance on "justice" issues and then we're going to see to demented old men rambling at each other for a couple of months, as Bidens campaign manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory again and again. followed by a very muddled election that has a significant lack of legitimacy due to claims of fraud and voter exclusion (a favourite being enormous city voting districts, 3 voting machines with 2 broken and queues so long a lot of inner city voters give up) and trump refusing to stand down.

oh yea, and the republicans basically just running on full throated fascism that the democrats can't actually address because liberals never can.
    I hope he picks Tammy Duckworth, for several reasons.

1. Asians have been trending towards Republicans more and more. The embrace of an Asian running mate would show that the Democrats are serious about courting this demographic, and crack the Asian vote.
    2. It's not a black person, so the Republicans couldn't keep hitting the Dems for being beholden to the black vote.
    3. Black voters are fickle. No matter which black running mate you choose, there will be massive whining about picking the wrong black person.
    4. Trump has been very hesitant to talk about Duckworth in a negative way.
    5. She would destroy Pence in any debate.
    6. You're a huge weeb and would wank over it every night
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Not a bad shout...
    More than any other campaign I think Biden's success/failure will depend on who he picks as a running mate as he's probably going to get annihilated during the debates.
    Nah they'll up his meds before the debates and he'll become more lucid.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Is the Biden campaign even running ads? I haven't seen anything but Trump and state-level stuff on TV and YouTube on my phone where I don't have adblock.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Is the Biden campaign even running ads? I haven't seen anything but Trump and state-level stuff on TV and YouTube on my phone where I don't have adblock.
    The best thing Biden can do at the moment is stay relatively quiet. It's hard to shoot a dead horse. Trump has a shovel and is digging a hole.

The best thing Biden can do at the moment is stay relatively quiet. It's hard to shoot a dead horse. Trump has a shovel and is digging a hole.
    This tbh, and it seems like Biden, unlike Trump, can at least take advice in regard to mainly keeping his mouth shut. There'll come a time when he'll have to start talking but for now, why not let Trump shit himself in public again and again.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    This tbh, and it seems like Biden, unlike Trump, can at least take advice in regard to mainly keeping his mouth shut. There'll come a time when he'll have to start talking but for now, why not let Trump shit himself in public again and again.
    I've seen political consultants talk about Biden ads without seeing any myself, but Trump still has a massive funding advantage and plenty of surrogates who are happy to literally burn money if they think it'll get them 1/100th of a point, where Bidens campaign by necessity has to be more strategic with where/when they do ad buys.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Adds aren't run nationally anymore, you target the areas where you need to win votes.
    Also with social networks, and their tracking of personal data, you can also target individuals.

If you are in a democratic state or a leftist, you won't see many if any adds targeting you.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Person woman man camera TV
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Keckers, are you having a stroke?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Keckers, are you having a stroke?
    no he passed the test
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Person woman man camera TV
    I like how he mentioned stuff that he can easily see in a interview situation.

Although, I do wonder who the gender-less "person" was.
      Spoiler:
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    also i like walrus.
    Yer a hoot

Congrats on getting that right; now, should we talk about why you are being tested for demetia?

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    I got a text yesterday from the local Democrats. It seems the Trump campaign has allocated $14 million for TV ads in Minnesota. The Dems were asking for $100k to counter them.

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

So in a shocking turn of events, that leaves everyone incredibly surprised, the Jacksonville RNC is cancelled.
      Spoiler:
    Also:
    also i like walrus.
    Yer a hoot

I agree. Following the old mantra of "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself.". At the same time Biden offers less attack vectors that way. Trump is "best" (if you want to look at it that way) when reacting to someone/something. Not so good, if nothing catches his immediate attention. That's when he starts to make stuff up, because he has to tweet...can...not...resist...

But then again, he made so many terrible mistakes in the previous campaign, that every single one of them would have cost any other candidate the presidency, so .... vOv

Like ... how could any woman ever vote for him after that pussy-grabbing audio file? In a sane country, that should have cost him half of the available voter's demographic.