hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 36 of 662 FirstFirst ... 26333435363738394686136536 ... LastLast

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    congratulations, you have a toddlers understanding of politics, please pick up your participation trophy over there by the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    I don't really care how someone justifies murder at the end of the day. I can't see any difference between groups of people that want to kill other groups of people. They are all terrorists in my book and the world would be better off without any of them.

So no, I literally can't tell the difference anymore.
    the use of violence by antifa is fundamentally defensive, the way liberal society is structured means it's invariably going to come out on the side of fascism when it slides into unsolvable crisis, thus the act of prematurely suppressing it, with violence if need be (not everybody with a AFA badge is actually violent) is a defensive measure in that it makes picking that option more unpalatable for the political elite.

the fuckers at the top, when given the choice between communism and fascism, will pick the latter every time because it lets them keep their wealth and power.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Today we hear that violence to defend against people who are violent and intend to do violent things from the start is just as bad if not worse than the violence against people for what they were born as or who can't help themselves.

Truly remarkable both sides.

Doesn't mean you have to support antifa and their methods, but saying you can't tell the difference tells me you're possibly completely retarded or willfully ignorant. Possibly both.
    Last edited by Isyel; May 25 2019 at 09:54:22 AM.

BOTH.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

SIDES.

Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Today we hear that violence to defend against people who are violent and intend to do violent things from the start is just as bad if not worse than the violence against people for what they were born as or who can't help themselves.

Doesn't mean you have to support antifa and their methods, but saying you can't tell the difference tells me you're possibly completely retarded or willfully ignorant. Possibly both.
    At the point you take up arms you lose the moral high ground and become just as bad as them. Worse in fact because unlike the nazi's who are just utter scum through and though, you have turned your back on the morals you once held. You have become what you are fighting against. You can try to justify it any way you want but if you expect me to hold you in any higher regard that the utter filth you are then you are wrong. They have become literally as bad as nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

At the point you take up arms you lose the moral high ground and become just as bad as them. Worse in fact because unlike the nazi's who are just utter scum through and though, you have turned your back on the morals you once held. You have become what you are fighting against. You can try to justify it any way you want but if you expect me to hold you in any higher regard that the utter filth you are then you are wrong. They have become literally as bad as nazis.
    Lmao life isn't a super hero movie
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

TIL the allies in ww2 were worse than the nazis because they should've tried to talk them into submission.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post

TIL the allies in ww2 were worse than the nazis because they should've tried to talk them into submission.

I mean, look where we're at now, clearly they fucked up. Maybe if they'd only talked with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Don't crush my dreams like this.

You don't solve violence with violence. Just about every american foreign policy move has demonstrated that.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

At the risk of sounding like an edgelord, enough violence can solve any problem permanently. Just ask Ghengis Khan

You don't solve violence with violence. Just about every american foreign policy move has demonstrated that.
    American foreign policy is about chasing economic imperialism, not violence.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Yeah but you're thinking the increased violence is just an oopsie when there's a good chance it was intentionally chosen to further certain objectives

The neocons were fine with Iraq's sectarianism right up until it blew up in their faces and started returning 100 dead American soldiers each month

yeah, but we won't have to deal with tRaitor assholes anymore.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    At the risk of sounding like an edgelord, enough violence can solve any problem permanently. Just ask Ghengis Khan
    “Anyone who clings to the historically untrue, and, thoroughly immoral doctrine that violence never solves anything I would advise to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler would referee. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms.”

Let's add "in order to maintain a tolerant society, we must be intolerant of intolerance."
    meh

I thought maybe you were trolling but am horrified to learn you are just retarded when it comes to this concept.

unconditional pacifism is fundamentally unethical and immoral, to condemn somebody on the basis that they push back against oppression is a faux pas of impressive proportions.
    your logic essentially condemns the jews of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising as equals to the very people who put them in cattle carts to a extermination camp.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

unconditional pacifism is fundamentally unethical and immoral, to condemn somebody on the basis that they push back against oppression is a faux pas of impressive proportions.
    your logic essentially condemns the jews of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising as equals to the very people who put them in cattle carts to a extermination camp.
    BOTH SIDES!

Last edited by Lachesis VII; May 25 2019 at 07:45:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Weaksauce Antifa in the US sticks to blocking traffic and punching reporters, maybe the occasional vandalism and looting.

The real hardcore stuff like passing out weapons and firearms to use gets stopped pretty quick by the FBI.
    You sure about that?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...litia-detained
    Those are fascists, not anti-fascists.
    You can tell the difference?
    You can't?
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Yes, peaceful accommodation is the way to live with fascists, as history clearly shows us. Once they've killed 6 or 7 million people, they'll realise the futility and sterility of using violence to express their ideas.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.