hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 798 of 901 FirstFirst ... 298698748788795796797798799800801808848898 ... LastLast
Results 15,941 to 15,960 of 18006

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    So like all of you I was finding all of this kinda exciting and funny... Until I stumbled across this sub

https://www.reddit.com/r/QAnonCasualties/top?t=month

Some of these stories are kinda nuts. Conspiracy thinking seems to be like a virus or perhaps a transmittal addiction. The human cost is insanely high. Read a few of the stories on that sub and feel slightly humbled and scared...

The human mind is so weird. Most of us are are not resilient to psychological hacking at all. And that's what this is; mental malware.

While Trump has lost, the spread of this shit is winning. Where will we end up?

Feeling pretty concerned about all this
    BuT wHeRe'S yOuR sEnSe oF hUmOuR?
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    On a more serious note, let's for a moment entertain a thought they succeeded. How do you think this would play out? What would be reaction of national guard if they would actually start executing dem officials? Or brasses at pentagon? Or if they had stopped at only taking them hostage. What was orange retard thinking? That next day everything would go back to as is and he would be allowed to be potus for the next term? Holy fuck. How detached from reality you have to be to believe that this the way to go and there's an even slim chance of this playing out in your favour.
    You're almost there. So close.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    On a more serious note, let's for a moment entertain a thought they succeeded. How do you think this would play out? What would be reaction of national guard if they would actually start executing dem officials? Or brasses at pentagon? Or if they had stopped at only taking them hostage. What was orange retard thinking? That next day everything would go back to as is and he would be allowed to be potus for the next term? Holy fuck. How detached from reality you have to be to believe that this the way to go and there's an even slim chance of this playing out in your favour.
    You're almost there. So close.
    Elaborate.

The qanon mythology says they'd have executed a bunch of libs and trump would declare himself president for life without any political opposition.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The qanon mythology says they'd have executed a bunch of libs and trump would declare himself president for life without any political opposition.
    So we're all in agreement forum/internet echo chambers are actually destructive for society as a whole?

This is definitely more of a social media thing, the most important aspect for the spread of this nonsense is how algorithms amplify it to the most susceptible audiences on platforms which rely on that mechanism to make their money.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Also shouting that people not wanting to read shit that people like Lark and Candy spew out isn't exactly an echo chamber. It's more that people primed to fall into conspiracy are like Keckers said, perfect fodder because of the algorithm. It's not a both sides issue, the conservative movement has always preyed upon uneducated, poor, religious masses in order to prop up It's status as being "for the people" while fleecing them. It makes this sort of "great leader" bullshit alot easier to fall into because they consistently have the capable join in said fleecing, and the rest pay for the privilege of being exploited. Social media isn't introducing anything new but amplifying it and hastening movements. The idea that banning Trump makes him stronger is just dumb, especially in a country that has the media of all brands to blame for elevating him, a minority leader in a minority party, to president. It would help immensely if he was never on a TV besides fox News again. Hopefully 2022 sees the Senate lead expand enough to include DC and if it wants it, Puerto Rico as states so we can stop pretending millions more people aren't subscribed to a party they might not even be all that excited about. I highly doubt the "didn't vote" part of the US wanted someone further right than Trump. Fuck the right and concessions to them here. Crush their chances of coming back into minority rule and make them win in their hallowed marketplace of ideas again, let a fringe minority fester on Parler, I could give two shits and pretending it's a travesty they are all locked in there is ignoring the actual problems that affect people.

So with seeing how easy it is to grift Trumpies, could I start a GoFundMe for the legal defense of insurrectionists, and just pocket somewhere between all and most of the money myself?

If somebody rolls with this, I want a cut.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    So with seeing how easy it is to grift Trumpies, could I start a GoFundMe for the legal defense of insurrectionists, and just pocket somewhere between all and most of the money myself?

People have been doing this since the wall

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post

People have been doing this since TV Preachers
    meh

To be honest I'm kind of hoping for a shift of demographic in prisons from people in possession of recreational drugs towards retards with guns. Whether a mental health institution would be a better place for them is a topic for another lengthy discussion, but you know, baby steps etc.
    At least in a lot of the places that have legalized here, it has come around to having weed charges expunged from the record. Obviously, it won't pay back jail time, but at least its a start. This is probably a different thread though.
    meh

it occurred to me today that Brexit and lolUSA are the only things keeping FHC alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    it occurred to me today that Brexit and lolUSA are the only things keeping FHC alive.
    The plague probably didn't hurt much. I'm sure there will be another black spot on humanities future soon to brighten our days.
    meh

Go for it. It's free money, apparently legal because muh political speech (if they try and prosecute, start another gofundme!) and every dollar you take from them is a dollar they can't do something dangerous with.

AWS is cutting off Parler (white supremacist Twitter).

In the long run, it wont make a difference. Maybe even play into Trumps hands, if he was serious about "Trump media". Short term though, i cant help but enjoy the carnage.

If Trump starts his own media company it'll be just as successful like his university, airline and football team in the long run.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Trump is going to be a tad busy in the months to come

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Trump is going to be a tad busy in the months to come
    Depends, if he is smart he will be in a nice non extradition country before he is removed from power, but that is a big if

Scotland already told him to fuck off, you may recall