hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 774 of 887 FirstFirst ... 274674724764771772773774775776777784824874 ... LastLast
Results 15,461 to 15,480 of 17734

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

I suppose now we wait and see if the Democrats can be bothered to govern.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Round 'em up, cuff 'em, sit 'em on the ground, mace their face if they talk. Hold them for 12 hours, then release them.
    Don't be ridiculous, What could possibly justify such poor treatment? They are white, male and not even liberal college students.
    The poor boys have spent the best part of a day wandering into kettles and getting maced. This will either feed their victimhood narrative or confine them to being even more online than they were before.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    This. Let's see if they are actually willing to use some of the power they have for a change.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Did Georgia just save the Union?

*confused fiddle and banjo noises*
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

What's happening with the vaccine roll out in America at the moment? I've seen Cuomo has decided the stick is better than the carrot so has the incredibly progressive policy of fining hospitals for not giving jabs but also massively limiting the people who are eligible for the vaccine at any one time. It doesn't even seem like vaccine supply is likely to be a limiting factor in the city.

What's happening with the vaccine roll out in America at the moment? I've seen Cuomo has decided the stick is better than the carrot so has the incredibly progressive policy of fining hospitals for not giving jabs but also massively limiting the people who are eligible for the vaccine at any one time. It doesn't even seem like vaccine supply is likely to be a limiting factor in the city.
    Because the federal government has never had a plan states and cities have made their own. Cuomo is a moron, some places are doing that, others are doing nothing a a sparse few are actually dispensing vaccines. Philadelphia has begun some vaccine distribution for people that have underlying conditions over the age of 65, hopefully I'll be eligible in February. Its patently insane that we have no real federal guidelines for this shit. The more restrictions on who gets it the more slowly it goes out.

I'm guessing the states have to secure all their own vaccine supplies then?

There is some coordination on that, states and major cities have separate supply chains, but I have no idea how that even works, just that any large metro population is not sharing a plan with a farm town, or a supply pool with them. Its beyond dumb how little we know here, but like I said, Trump and company haven't governed on covid for almost a full year, it ain't happening now.

More alarming than bad vaccine policy is the amount of healthcare workers refusing vaccinations. Ohio had something like 40 percent? Haven't looked to see if its changed, mostly out of despair.

Banned
    Kim and Kanye breaking up

Doing it any other way would be communism!

This. Let's see if they are actually willing to use some of the power they have for a change.

Thanks to Joe here, the filibuster remains, no legislation passes, only upside is we stop the Federalist Society installing grossly unqualified morons into the judiciary.

Back-of-the-napkin maths shows that dems represent over 40 million more voters than republicans, yet barring a minor miracle will not be allowed to functionally govern. Democracy!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post

Thanks to Joe here, the filibuster remains, no legislation passes, only upside is we stop the Federalist Society installing grossly unqualified morons into the judiciary.

Back-of-the-napkin maths shows that dems represent over 40 million more voters than republicans, yet barring a minor miracle will not be allowed to functionally govern. Democracy!
    Glad to see the "were powerless and can't really do anything" narrative is already in full swing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post

they weren't going to do anything regardless of joe.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    It's a razor thin margin with a lot of votes still to be counted.
    Don't hold your breath, mate.
    I mean I'm just being realistic and looking at the map. The same thing happened here election night and the day afterwards. Calling races an hour after polls close in razor thin margins with so many votes uncounted is just media hype think. The race is over when the votes are all counted. Unless there was a 5 point lead with like 90% reporting I'd not even consider speculating in such a hotly contested race.
    Aye, seems my cynicism might have been unwarranted. I'm ok being wrong in my hot take on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Looking like Republicans will win both seats in Georgia.

Guess the Dems, China, the Supreme Court, State Courts, Governor, Sec. of State et. al. forgot to do the whole "massive fraud" thing to "steal" these two elections. Seems odd.
    This aged poorly
    Hot takes often do.

I honestly never thought I would live to see this. I'm in complete disbelief (and yes, I say that fully aware of what the last 4 years and 2020 has given us). So...when does the police come and throw rubber and mace into these clowns?

Also, can you imagine the (force) respond to a BLM rally breaking through and storming towards Capitol? There would have been Kent State all over again, guaranteed (if not by police, then by Trump militia).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Please don't let this be the start of something truly, irreparably, bad and tragic.

Well, I told you so.

I must admit, I thought our boy was cutting it a bit fine but... Here. We. Go.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

wow. just wow. always one up, isn't there?
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.