hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 671 of 735 FirstFirst ... 171571621661668669670671672673674681721 ... LastLast
Results 13,401 to 13,420 of 14700

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    For all the moaning of murica civil war mk 2, I think there are posters here with real experience of land mines, roving gangs of professional soldiers shooting/raping, and war planes of various nationalities dropping bombs with the occasional tank blowing up houses.

Murica still has a ways to go before that happens, no matter how much you might argue about a militarized police force.
    Agree.

Still, pretending a bully will back down just because you stopped defending yourself is just naive.

I never said that you shouldn't defend yourself. Stop being obtuse.

USA has 2 choices, basically, with a parallel drawn to the European events regarding the fall of the Iron Curtain and taking all the utterly different circumstances:

1) East/West Germany and the rest of Eastern Europe, with all the problems that came with it
    2) Romania and Yugoslavia

So you might now fucking finally see why I'm fucking annoyed at warmongering violence inciting vocabulary here on FHC, even though I completely understand why and how our US leftie posters feel as they do, since USA is chok full of problems such as police violence, poverty, racism etc etc. Which I repeatedly said numerous times but all you take out from it is "lol rightwinger bootlicker".
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; October 30 2020 at 05:12:37 PM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post

USA has 2 choices, basically, with a parallel drawn to the European events regarding the fall of the Iron Curtain and taking all the utterly different circumstances:

1) East/West Germany
    2) Yugoslavia

So you might now fucking finally see why I'm fucking annoyed at warmongering violence inciting vocabulary. Which I repeatedly said numerous times but all you take out from it is "lol rightwinger bootlicker".
    Dunno why anyone is making comparisons to European failed states, when there are plenty of Western Hemisphere examples that probably capture the situation better. We’re closer to Mexico or Argentina or Nicaragua than Yugoslavia or Germany.

1) East/West Germany and the rest of Eastern Europe, with all the problems that came with it
    2) Romania and Yugoslavia

So you might now fucking finally see why I'm fucking annoyed at warmongering violence inciting vocabulary. Which I repeatedly said numerous times but all you take out from it is "lol rightwinger bootlicker".
    1) these goverments wanted to de-escalate
    2) these goverments didn't want to de-escalate

US goverment doesn't want to de-escalate. What now?

Takes 2 to tango. The violence part is easy. Fixing the problems in a constructive manner aint. And you pretend as if there arent 330 million people in the USA with a million different worldviews, and the whole US government, officials, policemen, members of the army and whatnot are one uniform block ready to lockstep as geese and just nuke their own countrymen.
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; October 30 2020 at 05:17:45 PM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Takes 2 to tango.
    You're wrong, but anything I say won't convince you otherwise because you don't see or don't want to see the power balance.

It's like saying victim and the killer are both in the wrong because both took part in the murder, and the victim tried to defend him/herself.

There's murder and there's 2 sides fighting and riots which are violence with no end goal and only bad results. Again you think I'm some sort of "take it lying down and shut up" bootlicker, I guess. Again, I'm not saying people shouldnt protest against oppression and fight it, but rioting in the streets without constructive action that goes alongside is only that, rioting in the streets, which results in more people getting beat up and killed, more cops getting injured, more places burned and neighbourhoods going to shit, more reactions from extremists on both sides and just more bad bullshit and a worse off situation for everyone involved.

Anyway, fuck it. Lefties think I'm a rightwinger, righties think I'm a communist, I just fucking hate to see things going to shit even more than they were before people start "fixing" them, and you'd be hard pressed to say the situation in the USA regarding cops and civilians is in any way better than what it was before all this shit kicked off, and it was quite a shitshow to begin with. Because it's just getting worse and worse and it makes me fucking sad.
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; October 30 2020 at 05:36:28 PM.

Yeah w/e

pointless argument

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

1) East/West Germany
    2) Yugoslavia

Dunno why anyone is making comparisons to European failed states, when there are plenty of Western Hemisphere examples that probably capture the situation better. We’re closer to Mexico or Argentina or Nicaragua than Yugoslavia or Germany.
    Trump has unlocked the American Caudillismo focus tree

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

1) East/West Germany
    2) Yugoslavia

Trump has unlocked the American Caudillismo focus tree
    El Jefe Naranjo.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    So if I'm following the nonsense correctly, Trump's plan is to stop counting the votes as soon as possible after election and leave millions of blue votes by mail uncounted and declare victory, relying on supreme court to say "sure why not"?
    Don't worry, the army won't stand for it, or something. I know this because loads of people told me so a few pages back. The military swear their oath to constituion, you see, not the president or the government, and there's no way they'll let Trump get away with some egregious election-stealing shite like 'The President tells the states to stop counting votes now, he's got a result he likes'. They'll save America!

If not them, maybe the Navy idk? The Marines?
    this is entirely from memory, but the crayon eaters lean much harder fash than the rest of the US armed forces, i can see about finding the numbers. the navy leans more blue than the army.

i can see about finding the numbers if you really care.
    I don't because it doesn't matter; non of them are gonna do shit about it except the police who will enforce it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Takes 2 to tango.
    That's what they said in the rape camps, amirite?
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Anyway, fuck it. Lefties think I'm a rightwinger, righties think I'm a communist, I just fucking hate to see things going to shit even more than they were before people start "fixing" them, ...
    Welcome to the club, mate!

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Anyway, fuck it. Lefties think I'm a rightwinger, righties think I'm a communist, I just fucking hate to see things going to shit even more than they were before people start "fixing" them, ...
    Welcome to the club, mate!

The left they say I'm a fascist
    The right calling me communist
    Hate hate hate hatred for all - one and all
    No matter what you believe
    Don't believe in you - and that's true

I'm not excited but worried by it. I do believe strongly that while yes we are far from a military style civil war, we are close to low scale conflicts. I think something you might not grasp is no one is gonna interfere here to save leftists. The country is broken, and we are at a breaking point of a pandemic so thoroughly mismanaged by leadership, that our poor and our sick are now so badly affected that most can't just sit back and hope it'll get better. Violence of the sort you speak of exists for the black population. Maybe the method is different but the police are a terrifying force that you call for help, and they shoot your son. They are known hostile entities, who can murder and get "fired" but that's usually it. We don't discuss this much in the media but sexual assault is not uncommon by officers, and the prison system having a joke of "getting raped" is a pretty clear sign the systems we have set up for millions of citizens are beyond deplorable . We keep kids in cages, we charge prices the wealthy cannot afford to poor people for cheap drugs. We embrace other authoritarian countries and interfere in governments we know are weak and leftist.

Many of the condition here are about as bad as some people can imagine. The American Dream was just that, and once you are awake and aware of all these things, many here are willing to fight to change it now. Police aren't worse than they were before, they are EXACTLY what they've always been m8. People have been fighting more since June, but they've been being beaten for ages now. Laying down now won't achieve much, and I believe we owe ourselves, and the world we've fucked, a bit more than a stolen election and decades more injustice.

I know you think everyone is internet posin here Lief, but I'm wish I didn't have to walk my American Korean roommate to the store everytime since March because she got assaulted for being Asian and "bringing Coronavirus" or worry about my black neighbors whenever the police lights are flashing and I am riding home. I worry about my friend who can't leave her house because her immunological profile is that of a 85 year old and people here yell "TRUMP 2020" while not wearing masks. I worry about my mom who simply for telling an employee of hers st a state university to not wear Trump clothing, as its a state school and goes against dress code and various rules, had death threats sent to her.

I guess what I'm trying to draw a picture for you of here, is that things are very bad and thats just in my upper lower class life. If I was still were I was when I was younger, or if I was anyone of the millions of people in less of a position of advantages built into our society, and nothing was getting better but getting worse, a stolen election and right wing goon squads would be things to fight almost by default.
    Last edited by Jack Coutu; October 30 2020 at 06:40:36 PM.

Ye but that's only problems for brown people.

Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

And they should be *civil* about it.

Why can't they just work within the process?

Anyway, fuck it. Lefties think I'm a rightwinger, righties think I'm a communist.....
    Welcome to the club Lief, nice to have you here!

Remember, to a politically extremist hammer, everyone not in line with them 100% is a just another nail to be driven.

One the bright side, of sorts, the vast bulk of human beings are, in fact, generally moderate to their domestic political situations.

They're just quiet about it, because they're too busy working and getting on with life to get all loud on an internet forum about their perfect utopian visions and their up-against-the-wall enemies lists.....
    Last edited by Alistair; October 30 2020 at 07:04:04 PM.

I just think ur all fat nerds tbh. We're p. much all varying shades of the center. Meester was the last extremist here AFAIK.

Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.