hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 572 of 572 FirstFirst ... 72472522562569570571572
Results 11,421 to 11,432 of 11432

Thread: US Politics Thread, 2.0

"I only care about democracy when it lets me own the libs. As a libertarian I am very principled."
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Nice democracy you got there, be a shame if anything happened to it
    People are still having delusions that USA is a democratic nation?
    Itís a Republic.
    What ever happened with your massive voter fraud ring that you busted?
    Ive seen some bullshit triggering racist posts and half-troll half-retard posts quite often from other posters past and present on here. They ultimately mean very little in the grand scheme of things and i suspect are more about being edgy than actually hating people over melanin content. However, Marlona's baseless accusation that the Mexicans at his work were openly confessing to committing voter fraud, followed up by no update whatsoever by Marlona (almost like he made it up completely) was probably the most actually racist thing ive ever seen on FHC.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN24Z2QI

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. government should receive a “big percentage” of the proceeds from any sale of the U.S. operations of TikTok to Microsoft, President Donald Trump said on Monday.

Trump told reporters that the United States would make any sale of the Chinese-owned video app possible, and therefore deserves a share of the proceeds, whether it comes from China or Microsoft.
    Is this what you've been reduced to, Donnie? Bribes thinly veiled as shakedowns? What signal does this send to other companies doing M&As?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

I mean China has been stealing the world's IP for years and reaping the benefits, but Trump wouldn't be able to negotiate a meaningful contract if his orange deflated ass depended on it.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    IT seems like a Flight of the Concords episode

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53633315

US Conservatives: "WTF I LOVE NATIONALISATION AND GOVERNMENT APPROPRIATION NOW?!?!?"

I mean China has been stealing the world's IP for years and reaping the benefits [...]
    While that's ofc true, every. single. corporation. entering the Chinese market was fully aware of that and entered the market nonetheless, because $$$$. And of course swiftly turned around and cried foul after reaping the profits from the Chinese market. So yeah ... cry me a river.

IP law is all sorts of stupid anyway which only really serves to enrich people boring enough to decide on IP law as a career choice.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    I mean China has been stealing the world's IP for years and reaping the benefits [...]
    While that's ofc true, every. single. corporation. entering the Chinese market was fully aware of that and entered the market nonetheless, because $$$$. And of course swiftly turned around and cried foul after reaping the profits from the Chinese market. So yeah ... cry me a river.
    "The CEOs of Facebook, Google, Amazon, and Apple were put on the spot at Wednesday's House Judiciary Antitrust hearing and asked if the Chinese government steals technology from U.S. companies. Only Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg said it was "well documented" that the Chinese government does so.

Apple CEO Tim Cook, Alphabet/Google CEO Sundar Pichai, and Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos all said they had no first-hand knowledge of China stealing from them.

Pichai amended his testimony later to refer to China stealing Google's source code in 2009. "

Would anyone actually mind if we just executed anyone who became a billionaire?

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    eh, it's just trump being trump.
    wake me up when he starts demanding prison, FEMA deathcamps or what have you for teachers as a result of children taking COVID home and killing off their family members, i figure 2-3 weeks max ?

the downwards slope is almost boringly predictable at this point, congress is not going to agree to jack shit in terms of mitigating the consequences of COVID, forcing kids to schools is going to accelerate spread and tensions are going to keep ratcheting up at home while Trump and the Republicans keep on trying to stoke tensions with China to create a external enemy to unify against. really, the question is when the fuze gets lit and if it's going to be a big enough bang to entirely delegitimize the November elections.

of course, there is no shortage of effort being expended to find the internal enemy either. suffice to say it's going to be something of a supreme popcorn moment when Brace Belten and the like gets dragged off for subversive "ANTEEEFFFFAAAA" activity under the argument that "going to Syria to fight ISIS alongside a organisation that also cooperated with US intelligence and got regular air support from USN jets is bad actually!" and the nonsense arguments that will come from US media as a response to the event from both sides.

of course, conservative luminaries such as Dennis Prager are running off a cliff too, albeit a slightly different one. it's quite a doozy that one too.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.