hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 765 of 805 FirstFirst ... 265665715755762763764765766767768775 ... LastLast
Results 15,281 to 15,300 of 16081

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

School bully unintentionally takes dinner money from five pupils and punches another - https://newsthump.com/2020/11/20/sch...nches-another/

Priti Patel is not a bully and we shouldn’t throw around accusations, says trembling official wearing large sunglasses indoors - https://newsthump.com/2020/11/20/pri...asses-indoors/

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    WHY THE FUCKING OBSESSION WITH A TINY PISSANT MIDDLE EASTERN STATE COMMITTING WAR CRIMES SURROUNDED BY DOZENS OF OTHERS WHO ARE JUST AS FUCKING BAD IF NOT WORSE? You can't win elections on foreign policy but you certainly can lose them on anti-semitism. The Israel obsession in the labour party is either the most self-defeating, shoot-in-foot moronic own goal of all time, or else they actually are filled with anti-semites.

Does it really matter which, anyway? Complete fucking morons either way.

STFU about Israel and get even 50% as incensed about, oh, I don't know, how about domestic inequality, corporate welfare and tax fraud, government mismanagement of public sector industry or the fucking environmental catastrophe which is slowly destroying the world?

Nah lets elect people who casually sling around words like 'apatheid' to the NEC and reject the findings of the independent commission we fucking called for in the first place...

Nah lets elect people who casually sling around words like pikkerninny to the position of PM while falsely demonising the only opposition leader in 15 years who actually had desires to curtail the powers of the banks and corporations, wanted to invest in public sector and seemed to actually show a bit of fucking humanity. All because he had the brass balls to call out the darling of the status quo, Israel for being a modern regional superpower committing genocide in broad daylight.

Thats some mental gymnastics right there

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Nah lets elect people who casually sling around words like pikkerninny to the position of PM while falsely demonising the only opposition leader in 15 years who actually had desires to curtail the powers of the banks and corporations, wanted to invest in public sector and seemed to actually show a bit of fucking humanity. All because he had the brass balls to call out the darling of the status quo, Israel for being a modern regional superpower committing genocide in broad daylight.
    The people that vote for the piccaninny-slinger like that he used that word.

meh

Let’s not venerate the guy that’s done incalculable damage to the party?

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Letís not venerate the guy thatís done incalculable damage to the party?
    The party that didn't manage to win shit even before him anymore? The party that even before that fucked things so much they set the groundwork for what was to happen after? That amazing party?

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    The party that didn't manage to win shit even before him anymore? The party that even before that fucked things so much they set the groundwork for what was to happen after? That amazing party?
    Yes, that one. The only other one.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    He could have done all of that if he had just wound his fucking neck in. But he didnt. And he still cant. And he seems DETERMINED to drive his party into the ground just so he can never admit any fault whatsoever and can keep defending colleagues, and share platforms with people, who BLATENTLY HATE JEWS.

And the worst part is he has brainwashed people like you into thinking this tradeoff is somehow worth it. That we can shrug and go "oh well, its worth it that we dont get equality and a corporate recknoning and environmental repair, because it means comrade Corbyn never has to admit wrongdoing. Shame about world peace, but ultimately got to stick to your pride, sorry, I mean principles."

Remember kids - you never have to admit you have a problem if you can tie everyone up in semantics over the motivations of the people pointing your problem out.
    Last edited by Lallante; November 23 2020 at 09:57:33 PM.

I would be a lot more ok with that if everyone who wasn't Corbyn wasn't a milquetoast neoliberal who's also absolutely fine ignoring structural issues that result in inequalities and at best promises to move the margins of said inequalities a bit.

It's the policies. Give me someone else with his policies. Starmer was supposed to be that man, but he's walked back on pretty much all of his 10 pledges in less than a year since taking office.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    The party that would be 20 points ahead of the Tories if anyone but Corbyn was leading it?

I strongly doubt the next labour manifesto will look any different to the Corbyn manifesto

Your policies are pretty safe I'd say now that the EU membership is lost

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

The policys were popular, the leadership personality and the baggage that came with it wasn't. Which is Lalls point, clearly a hard thing for momentum to grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I strongly doubt the next labour manifesto will look any different to the Corbyn manifesto

Your policies are pretty safe I'd say now that the EU membership is lost
    They're not, though, and that's the thing.

Starmer or his team have walked back or failed to confirm when given opportunities on pretty much every single one of his 'ten pledges'.

Economic Justice including the 5% tax increase? Walked back on, with the shadow cabinet now saying they would need to "reassess" and will "look at any proposals the government puts forward".

Last edited by Zekk Pacus; November 24 2020 at 12:12:38 AM.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Alright these are fair points. Thanks for citing sources for your opinions. I broadly agree with you that it's all a bit milquetoast.

I agree that the focus from Starmer on the competence of the government rather than what it's trying to achieve leaves a sour taste when anything that comes out of Priti Patel's mouth should be viscerally offensive to anyone with a moral compass or a basic understanding of international obligation. I don't know if it leaves a sour taste in the mouths of voters though. They don't seem to have either of those things.

I would like to imagine that this is all treading water until the pandemic crisis is done with and Starmer's labour can oppose more rather than criticise. But I doubt it.

The point about the manifesto though. I'm still unconvinced, I don't know when the next election will be (I don't imagine Johnson will see the full term through) but there is time and the Corbyn manifesto will remain relevant I would imagine. It called for stimulus and that's really what's needed, popular with the party and now probably more popular than ever with the public now that Sunak has tried it and found it to be successful.

Reading between the lines the 'bullying' allegations against PP are coming from milquetoast civil servants being held to account by someone who's politics they don't like but don't want to challenge for fear of being called sexist and racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Reading between the lines the 'bullying' allegations against PP are coming from milquetoast civil servants being held to account by someone who's politics they don't like but don't want to challenge for fear of being called sexist and racist.
    I don't have any problem imagining that she's horrific to work with

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    A former lobbyist for the alcohol and tobacco industries holding anybody to account is pretty fucking rich
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Reading the lines makes it pretty clear that this is already a heavily "benefit of the doubt" report, and the person who wrote it quit his role when it was not acted upon.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Reading the lines makes it pretty clear that this is already a heavily "benefit of the doubt" report, and the person who wrote it quit his role when it was not acted upon.
    Furthermore, the inquiry wasn't given access to at least one important witness.