hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 722 of 738 FirstFirst ... 222622672712719720721722723724725732 ... LastLast
Results 14,421 to 14,440 of 14748

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Didn't want Kent anyway, it's a silly place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush
    idiotic posts out of context

Stinking Tory Corruption

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray
    I wrote a furious article about the £250 million PPE contract inexplicably awarded to the “family office” Ayanda Capital, an investment house for private wealth tax avoidance. We now learn £150 million of face masks delivered are unusable as they do not meet the required standards.

The Times today reports the NHS year’s supply of top level “FFP2” masks for surgical and similar use – 43 million of them – delvered by Ayanda failed regulatory testing. This was entirely predictable. As I wrote on 8 July:

The normal public procurement tendering process has pre-qualification criteria which companies have to meet. These will normally include so many years of experience in the specific sector, employment of suitably qualified staff, possession of the required physical infrastructure and a measure of financial stability. This is perhaps obvious – otherwise you or I could simply stick in a bid to build the HS2 railway that is £10 billion cheaper than anybody else, win the contract then go and look for a builder.

Ayanda Capital would fail every single test in normal procurement criteria to supply PPE to the NHS. I can see no evidence that anybody in the company had ever seen PPE except when visiting the dentist. They appear to have no medical expertise, no established medical procurement network, no quality control inspection ability, no overseas shipment agents, no warehousing or logistics facilities. We have of course seen this before from these crooked Tories with their “emergency procurement”, with the “ferry company” with no ferries. But this – a quarter of a billion pounds – is on a whole different level.

I understand that normal procurement chains were struggling, but I would still trust any of the UK’s numerous long established and globally successful medical supply companies to go out and get the right kind of medical supplies, of the right quality, and arrange their supply and delivery, rather than throw an incredible sum of taxpayers’ cash at the first couple of City wide boys who said they can do it. From a company with a very dodgy balance sheet.

Plainly Ayanda Capital had no pretence of every having the expertise to undertake this kind of procurement. The excellent piece of investigative journalism (and what a delight it is to be able for once to say that) by the Times’ Billy Kenber reveals something still more horrifying. He says the deal was put together by a “government adviser” who is also an “adviser” to Ayanda Capital.

So there you have the answer to how this obscure and completely inappropriate company landed this massive contract; simple network corruption, with a Tory “adviser” taking a cut from both ends. It speaks volumes of how Johnson’s Tories view government; an opportunity for self-enrichment through getting their hands on the state purse. Covid-19 may seem a disaster to us, to them it is an opportunity. Procurement regulations are suspended. Massive contracts are thrown around with no checks and no competition. Public health functions like test and trace are thrown to new start-up companies owned by their their mates instead of being run by the established public infrastructure in councils and the NHS. It is a big, money-making Tory Bonanza.

We do not just need a public inquiry. We need people to go to prison. All those involved in the Ayanda Capital PPE contract would be a good start.

UPDATE 8:58am

I have just seen this absolutely astonishing thread from Jolyon Maugham at 6.25am this morning. It really is mind-blowing. Not only did the “adviser”, named as Andrew Mills, set this all up, he himself established an intermediary company in the transaction to cream off a fortune.
    ——————————————

Unlike our adversaries including the Integrity Initiative, the 77th Brigade, Bellingcat, the Atlantic Council and hundreds of other warmongering propaganda operations, this blog has no source of state, corporate or institutional finance whatsoever. It runs entirely on voluntary subscriptions from its readers – many of whom do not necessarily agree with the every article, but welcome the alternative voice, insider information and debate.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

School funding plan 'benefits wealthier pupils most'
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53683767

Just to reassure you that normal Tory service continues

Typical short term thinking. The best way to help poorer communities help themselves is by giving them access to quality secondary education.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Typical short term thinking. The best way to help poorer communities help themselves is by giving them access to quality secondary education.
    Your mistake here is in assuming that they want poorer communities to help themselves.

Having a permanent underclass ensures that there are always convenient scapegoats for society's ills, and provides a pool of cheap labour/cannon-fodder.

Also, allowing upwards social mobility requires that you also allow downwards social mobility. That's not in the interests of the elite.

Hey look, society's biggest parasites are at it again!

Landlord tax evasion costing up to £1.7bn a year

Reminder to restock on bog roll
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    What if you literally could not care less about poorer communities?
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

UK GDP falls by 21% in second quarter - https://www.theguardian.com/business...n-gdp-among-g7

sure but:

germany 10.1%
    italy 12.4&
    france 13.8%

if you add them together that's 36.3%!!! this is why we left the EU. brexit means brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    UK GDP falls by 21% in second quarter - https://www.theguardian.com/business...n-gdp-among-g7
    brb buying beans

you know, while my money can actually still buy them

Does that mean I should ask to switch and be paid in euros?

Labour behind in the polls despite all the Tories have done. Fucking Corbyn, he really needs to go and then it will all be alright.

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 45% (+2)
    LAB: 37% (-1)
    LDEM: 6% (-4)
    GRN: 5% (+2)

via @IpsosMORI, 30 Jul - 04 Aug
    Chgs. w/ Jun

I voted for Sir Keith Haircut, supported him and his policies, but I'm sorry to say that any other leader would be 20 points ahead and he must now do the honourable thing and resign.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Does that mean I should ask to switch and be paid in euros?
    Yes.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Labour behind in the polls despite all the Tories have done. Fucking Corbyn, he really needs to go and then it will all be alright.

Chgs. w/ Jun
    Not sure this is entirely reflective, if you look at the who makes the best leader poll Starmer is ahead of Johnson and is viewed much more positively than Corbyn was e.g. https://twitter.com/yougov/status/12...470434307?s=21 so maybe Fucking the rest of Labour they really need to go and then it will be alright?

I'm not sure what more Starmer should have done? I imagine until Brexit is delivered and we go into that shit show the votes won't change.

Also Corbyn since losing has acted like a class wanker, I assumed a lot of the anti-semitism was stirred up by the media but he appears completely unapologetic about the review or actions taken.

Tories have the advantage of being the Brexit party in England, the Unionist party in Scotland, & the Brexit & Unionist party in Wales. What are Labour?

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Tories have the advantage of being the Brexit party in England, the Unionist party in Scotland, & the Brexit & Unionist party in Wales. What are Labour?
    A joke

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post

Chgs. w/ Jun
    Not sure this is entirely reflective, if you look at the who makes the best leader poll Starmer is ahead of Johnson and is viewed much more positively than Corbyn was e.g. https://twitter.com/yougov/status/12...470434307?s=21 so maybe Fucking the rest of Labour they really need to go and then it will be alright?

I'm not sure what more Starmer should have done? I imagine until Brexit is delivered and we go into that shit show the votes won't change.

Also Corbyn since losing has acted like a class wanker, I assumed a lot of the anti-semitism was stirred up by the media but he appears completely unapologetic about the review or actions taken.
    Starmer's 1% ahead of Johnson and has a lot of don't knows. He's seen as a mildly better option than Boris fuck business skip the cobra meetings let dom do what he wants make more children take three two week holidays and never work weekends Johnson.
    Last edited by Zekk Pacus; August 10 2020 at 07:39:55 PM.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'