hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 316 of 751 FirstFirst ... 216266306313314315316317318319326366416 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,320 of 15008

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    I'm not up to date on the general election and parliamentary voting results and procedures but this is my understanding of it:

"Do you guys want to leave the EU?"

"Yes."

"Okay but do you really want to leave?"

"Yes."

"Okay but are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Okay but are you surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre?"
    Yeah, so, it's literally nothing at all like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post

An election at this point should give a party a majority (or create a new coalition) that can either stop Brexit, or actually get it though parliament.

It's the only way I can see this mess getting resolved.
    According to The Times we can Leave on October 31st without a deal and there is nothing Parliament can do about it.
    This is what's going to happen. Boris has already as much as said this is what he'll do.
    Then why not just have left already and why go through this bullshit of asking for extension after extension..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

So Theresa May has resigned, effective June 7th.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Its a folly to think that they will get the whole £250 million that we will get back from the EU but I do expect some of it will go to the NHS.

Felt sorry for May at the end of her speech but really she was never that capable.
    Folly? First, it was 350 million a week and Leave ran on the promise to give it to the NHS.

So doesnt have a heart. Robots dont have hearts.

Just eventual emotion emulation routine tipping point when it comes to the abject failure to achieve her own personal misguided goals.

Grenfell? No tears.

Windrush generation? No tears.

Being told that her social policies were causing people to die of malnutrition? No tears.

Being told that British made weapons were arming Saudis and killing Yemenis? No tears.

Losing the top job in the country, a job she got by default and managed to do a fucking awful job at by any metric you care to mention? Tears. Crocodile tears because she's not going to be able to be Prime Minister anymore. A fitting epitaph for a woman who came into the job with a speech about being compassionate and proceeded to oversee some of the most brutal and authoritarian policies we've seen since Thatcher.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Ive seen some "that poor woman" comments, and it made me retch. Firstly, because its the typical "compassion for me, not for thee" conservative thinking, and secondly because it seems like a punch in the nuts for feminism. And she had the audacity to highlight the "second female PM" like its some accomplishment.

If i had to sum up the tory leadership, it would be "feckless". Just look at the indbreds lining up for her job, its just going to be more of the same.

Many sources (including betting sites) seem to favor BoJo the most and also think that the next PM will probably be even more euro sceptic than May

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Many sources (including betting sites) seem to favor BoJo the most and also think that the next PM will probably be even more euro sceptic than May
    Could BoJo do an immediate Hard Brexit?
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Could BoJo do an immediate Hard Brexit?
    It has to go through parliment. I guess he could just _not_ bring any suggestion, run out the clock and let EU say "fuck it, you guys are hopeless!" and get his dream scenario hard brexit where he can blame the EU for being mean.

None of those Tory clowns have the guts to own their decisions from what I've seen so I think the above scenario is the Brexiters gameplan.

At the moment the default is still leave with no deal on October 12th, and the political will doesn't exist for anything else. Unless an agreement is reached for anything else we will leave with no deal by default on that date, the EU won't grant another extension unless it's to organise a referendum.

That's BoJo's dream scenario - he blames it all on TM, says well if I was in charge from the start I'd obviously have got us a much better deal, but look at the hand I was dealt (classic Tory ploy this, only it's getting a bit long in the tooth to blame the last Labour government, so now they're just going to blame the last Tory government instead), let's make the best of what we've got before he immediately sells off everything to the highest bidder and goes through human rights, employment and environmental legislation with a rake in order to turn the UK into Singapore by the North Sea.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    At the moment the default is still leave with no deal on October 12th, and the political will doesn't exist for anything else. Unless an agreement is reached for anything else we will leave with no deal by default on that date, the EU won't grant another extension unless it's to organise a referendum.

That's BoJo's dream scenario - he blames it all on TM, says well if I was in charge from the start I'd obviously have got us a much better deal, but look at the hand I was dealt (classic Tory ploy this, only it's getting a bit long in the tooth to blame the last Labour government, so now they're just going to blame the last Tory government instead), let's make the best of what we've got before he immediately sells off everything to the highest bidder and goes through human rights, employment and environmental legislation with a rake in order to turn the UK into Singapore by the North Sea.
    Everyone seems to be forgetting that the indicative votes showed there is no will in parliament for a no deal exit and if it looks like Boris is trying to do the no deal default there is a good chance parliament will unite to push a revoke.

Also a few years ago Boris was pro-EU he's just jumped on the exit bandwagon as a shot at power. He knows he won't keep power if he decides to go no deal as they will be looking for a scapegoat for all the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Ive seen some "that poor woman" comments, and it made me retch. Firstly, because its the typical "compassion for me, not for thee" conservative thinking, and secondly because it seems like a punch in the nuts for feminism. And she had the audacity to highlight the "second female PM" like its some accomplishment.

If i had to sum up the tory leadership, it would be "feckless". Just look at the indbreds lining up for her job, its just going to be more of the same.
    She asked for the job, knowing full well what it was and who she had to work with. It's been absolutely evident for at least a year that she hasn't the capability to do it. Her arrogance and stubbornness has cost the country hugely, and achieved nothing for anybody, not even her. The absolute best you could say for her was that the most visible replacements were even more arrogant and incompetent. Whoever replaces her will enocunter exactly the same problems she had, since she hasn't actually solved any of them, just punted them down the road a bit, and will, in all probability, make an even more spectacular cock of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Also a few years ago Boris was pro-EU he's just jumped on the exit bandwagon as a shot at power. He knows he won't keep power if he decides to go no deal as they will be looking for a scapegoat for all the pain.
    This was quite literally why the gave May the job. She couldnt even do that right.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

I love how people always badmouth politicians. I kind of feel a bit sorry for her because she's got to be the first political leader ever that said they were going to do the thing the majority of people wanted, did the thing that was terrible probably as best as they could (I don't believe anyone else could have done a better deal either, it was always going to be a shit show) and then got blame for everything.

Sure she never helped herself got screwed over by every other politician who was only in it for themselves, but still.. A little sorry for her (just a little).

Hurry up and just drop out the EU with no deal already.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    I love how people always badmouth politicians. I kind of feel a bit sorry for her because she's got to be the first political leader ever that said they were going to do the thing the majority of people wanted, did the thing that was terrible probably as best as they could (I don't believe anyone else could have done a better deal either, it was always going to be a shit show) and then got blame for everything.

Sure she never helped herself got screwed over by every other politician who was only in it for themselves, but still.. A little sorry for her (just a little).

Lol.

They badmouth them because they do a shit job and fuck things up, ESPECIALLY May.

Why would you ever feel sorry for someone who's fucked up the country so much I really don't get.

She deserves absolutely no sympathy from anyone. She is a horrible human being even separately from her ridiculous tenure as prime minister.

But so was Hitler and I did feel a bit sorry for him in Downfall.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    She deserves absolutely no sympathy from anyone. She is a horrible human being even separately from her ridiculous tenure as prime minister.

But so was Hitler and I did feel a bit sorry for him in Downfall.
    I think that was the purpose as to convey a message of "behind every human there's a potential monster"

Me, I didn't feel sorry for him in the slightest. But then again, I like to feed my monster cookies every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post

Complains about giving the alt-right what they want in the US thread

Literally demands we give the alt-right what they want in the UK thread