hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 716 of 738 FirstFirst ... 216616666706713714715716717718719726 ... LastLast
Results 14,301 to 14,320 of 14748

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Imagine trying to actually discuss something with lark.

Well, we try with you
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Well, we try with you
    Frankly, fuck off.

Man's been nothing but a shit lazy tier pretend right wing troll but not actually for his whole shc/fhc life, so don't give me that crap. It's ltierally Meester tier but in pretend reasonable wording and you keep falling for it.
    Last edited by Isyel; July 18 2020 at 07:49:34 PM.

Well, we try with you

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    According to the person who wrote that article (who according to you is more qualified than either of us to decide these things), yes it is. Do try to keep up.
    I'm attempting to keep up... What's the new politically correct term for people with more melanin?
    People.

Or if you must differentiate, BAME often works.
    'Don't call me BAME': Why some people are rejecting the term
    I get your point. The nomenclature is fluid. I note i try to discourage my father form using the term "half caste" still and that one is fairly explicit and thus easy to explain why its offensive now, but that word has been on a journey of meaning for him. Same with some of his generation and older's aversion to straight up "black" people, much preferring "coloured" so far still.

All this race categorization is stupid though. Its alright as a measure of how racist a society is, i suppose or for demographic stats but for individual worthiness its just not a tool to be used. One can't discern the worthiness of anyone just by the colour of their skin. Only by the quality of their posting

Why has it taken me this long to notice that Andrew Marr is AMarr?

Why has it taken me this long to notice that Andrew Marr is AMarr?
    Because he's not a garage door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush
    idiotic posts out of context

Adam: Why the term 'people of colour' is offensive to so many
    People of colour is now offensive?
    If you had actually read the article, you would see that his argument is that 'people of colour' groups together a bunch of different ethnicities and that he would rather be referred to as 'black', if that background was important to the description.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    Adam: Why the term 'people of colour' is offensive to so many
    People of colour is now offensive?
    If you had actually read the article, you would see that his argument is that 'people of colour' groups together a bunch of different ethnicities and that he would rather be referred to as 'black', if that background was important to the description.
    It's a painful subject. Any terminology that is consistently used to discuss it is going to inevitably pick up painful associations for someone. There are only so many sounds our mouths can make, what do we do when we run out of descriptors for discussing the subject?This is the type of dumb shit that gets in the way of actually dealing with the issue. I'm not individually listing every single race that is impacted every time I'm discussing the subject of racial discrimination. Life's too short.
    Last edited by Nicholai Pestot; July 19 2020 at 01:12:03 PM.

Well, we try with you
    Frankly, fuck off.

Man's been nothing but a shit lazy tier pretend right wing troll but not actually for his whole shc/fhc life, so don't give me that crap. It's ltierally Meester tier but in pretend reasonable wording and you keep falling for it.
    You yourself have repeatedly affirmed that you do the same because, and I quote, "this place doesn't deserve better".

What's your argument for saying that Larks' lazy bad faith "j/k" trolling deserves less indulgence than yours?
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Well, we try with you
    Frankly, fuck off.

You yourself have repeatedly affirmed that you do the same because, and I quote, "this place doesn't deserve better".

What's your argument for saying that Larks' lazy bad faith "j/k" trolling deserves less indulgence than yours?
    All shitposts are equal, but some shitposts are more equal than others.
    meh

Giving voters facts before they vote is undemocratic, Duck, you know this. You know this.

go to your room and think about what you've done

I hope you've stocked up on popcorn lads, the Russia report is out.

There won't be any surprises in it. The most damning item is an implication that the government all-but-ordered the security apparatus to not investigate potential election interference* either during or after the brexit referendum, despite evidence of interference in indyref. That happened under the prior government, and the prior government's NSA has just been sacked, so don't expect much fallout.

*This is actually a little unfair. All of the security agencies, but particularly MI5, want absolutely nothing to do with monitoring election conduct or keeping tabs on social media companies. They see it as a civil liberties rubicon they simply do not wish to cross.

Actually I take that back. The sections on the interlinked web of corruption in the City and legal professions, everyone feeding off Russian money and ending up doing their bidding are absolutely damning - far more significant than the political elements [though probably too complex to get many column inches]. I dread to think what they had to hold back for the classified annex.

One Tory MP who's definitely very happy about the attention the Russia report is getting is Rob Roberts, whose sex scandal has emerged today.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...l-around-texts

One Tory MP who's definitely very happy about the attention the Russia report is getting is Rob Roberts, whose sex scandal has emerged today.

Don’t ignore me when I’m making you feel better,
    Throw him straight in the fucking sea

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post

there is far too much trash in the sea already.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post

there is far too much trash in the sea already.
    Tories are not bio degradable? Well this changes things once the revolution comes. I mean, we can't string 'em up on lamp posts if they don't rot. That simply won't do.

Off to the incinerators!

(God it will be fun when Meester unironically references this post one day in the future)