hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 795 of 840 FirstFirst ... 295695745785792793794795796797798805 ... LastLast
Results 15,881 to 15,900 of 16781

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

  1. #15881

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    unsubbedville
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1784693.html

    The government really said "man, fuck them bees" with their whole chest.

    This is the first example I've seen of the oft-predicted (by remainers) standards slashing that was of course oft denied by leavers. Neonicotinoids are flat banned by the EU as they're linked to colony collapse disorder, and it turns out bees are kinda important.
    As a Bee Keeper this makes me very sad (Just a backyard hobbyist, but experiencing a rough winter so far : 15 out of 20 colonies dead. Easily my worst year for losses and it is still relatively early in the winter)

  2. #15882
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    22,797
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  3. #15883
    DerWish's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    1,817
    JRM is shutting down the cross party brexit scrutiny committee of MPs so the government avoids scrutiny of their brexit deal, and the neverending negotiations that it will bring. This committee has already highlighted a number of concerns and falsehoods concerning brexit and would have gone on to provide a public record of the issues with the most important treaty we have.

    Of course, with the committee shut down, only biased media analysis will be available.

    So the EU is that shady organization, always making decisions in the shadow, never publishing and avoiding public scrutiny, right?

  4. #15884
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    3,335
    Should have held their hearings in Latin to avoid JRM shutting them down

  5. #15885

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    5,499
    Freedom for Sandwiches!


  6. #15886

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    6,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Freedom for Sandwiches!

    Welcome to the Brexit, we got ham and cheese.

  7. #15887
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    9,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Freedom for Sandwiches!

    Welcome to the Brexit, we got ham and cheese.
    BREAK OUT THE BREVILLE

  8. #15888
    DerWish's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    1,817


    This is a real ad.

  9. #15889

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    3,588
    Good to see that Gary Busey still gets some work here and there

  10. #15890
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    23,158
    Nice to know that massive and personality altering traumatic brain injury doesn't prevent one from becoming the UK prime minister.

  11. #15891

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    6,169
    The latest school meals scandal:

    The government is paying 30 per week per child to a company to send weekly food parcels out to parents whose children aren't at school.

    There's basically bugger all food in each parcel, one example has been priced as costing 5.22 at Asda.

    https://london.eater.com/22226519/ch...arcus-rashford
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; January 12 2021 at 04:08:30 PM.

  12. #15892
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Portugal, laaaa
    Posts
    5,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    The latest school meals scandal:

    The government is paying 30 per week per child to a company to send weekly food parcels out to parents whose children aren't at school.

    There's basically bugger all food in each parcel, one example has been priced as costing 5.22 at Asda.

    https://london.eater.com/22226519/ch...arcus-rashford
    how much could a banana even cost anyways? 10?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

  13. #15893
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    16,555
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    The latest school meals scandal:

    The government is paying 30 per week per child to a company to send weekly food parcels out to parents whose children aren't at school.

    There's basically bugger all food in each parcel, one example has been priced as costing 5.22 at Asda.

    https://london.eater.com/22226519/ch...arcus-rashford
    how much could a banana even cost anyways? 10?
    The blood and sweat of numerous central american peasants.
    meh

  14. #15894
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    8,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    The latest school meals scandal:

    The government is paying 30 per week per child to a company to send weekly food parcels out to parents whose children aren't at school.

    There's basically bugger all food in each parcel, one example has been priced as costing 5.22 at Asda.

    https://london.eater.com/22226519/ch...arcus-rashford
    But Rodj won't you think of the poor shareholders of the multinationals.

    Without being able to skim 30 per food parcel (because they actually get paid roughly 40 for each one, and I'm being generous and assuming delivery and logistics costs them a fiver), their shares might have unrealised growth and that would make them sad.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  15. #15895
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    3,180
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    The latest school meals scandal:

    The government is paying 30 per week per child to a company to send weekly food parcels out to parents whose children aren't at school.

    There's basically bugger all food in each parcel, one example has been priced as costing 5.22 at Asda.

    https://london.eater.com/22226519/ch...arcus-rashford
    how much could a banana even cost anyways? 10?
    The blood and sweat of numerous central american peasants.
    So, according to Tesco, 13p.
    Quote Originally Posted by cucaldvida View Post
    ...suck on the devices of the callow people...

  16. #15896

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    7,896
    They might have been given a calorie target per parcel, capitalism does the rest.

  17. #15897
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    8,141
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  18. #15898

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    6,169
    Update on the food parcels: this is obviously a coincidence, but apparently the parent company's CEO is a Tory donor and old mate of David Cameron's.

  19. #15899
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Portugal, laaaa
    Posts
    5,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Update on the food parcels: this is obviously a coincidence, but apparently the parent company's CEO is a Tory donor and old mate of David Cameron's.
    I am SHOCKED!
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

  20. #15900
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    I just used a third party courier to take a case of wine 200 miles (collecting from my home and delivering to my parents) for 5.40 so this seems fairly laughable given how bulk economies of scale work.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •