hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 751 of 765 FirstFirst ... 251651701741748749750751752753754761 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,020 of 15300

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post

You used to at least be funny while you're being... you. Now you're just like some edgy 13 year old redditor who screeches about 13% thinks calling something "cringe" is the height of comedy. What happened?
    He discovered 4chan and is attempting 'board culture' in the same way boomers on Facebook attempt 'memes'
    Xenosis Trassler

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    It's a non starter in the UK mate I don't think you have to worry
    Leaving the EU was a non starter in the UK once upon a time.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

We don't have the same lunatic christian voting demographic as America yet. There are plenty of other 'fuck the poor' policies higher up the priority list for the tories and their merry band of retarded brexit yes-men parachuted into the so called red wall.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

TIL Zekk is actually a woman.

Planned Parenthood is the biggest eugenics programme in existence...
    I suspect more rich white women have access to abortions than any other category, so this was an interesting take on the race war conspiracies.

World beating.

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1...597600259?s=19

Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    World beating.

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1...597600259?s=19

Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    Based on that job spec the person already has the job and they are just ticking a box.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    And then outlaw her abortion
    FYP
    Has Alexander de Pfeffel Johnson ever been anti abortion?

Rees-Mogg has declared he is morally against it... but even then I don't think he's actively stated that he wants to outlaw it.

I think you're really projecting some confused upsets on your elders and betters.
    No he just wants to fuck whoever he pleases and face no consequences for it. He's been pretty consistent about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Who would have thought that another UK industry would be buggered with Brexit.

tl,dr: meat products can only arrive to the EU as frozen goods, UK doesn't have the freezing capacity & UK meat shipped to be sold in NI would have to also comply. EU importers don't have the de-freezing capacity. Link to FT article

Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    Who would have thought that another UK industry would be buggered with Brexit.

tl,dr: meat products can only arrive to the EU as frozen goods, UK doesn't have the freezing capacity & UK meat shipped to be sold in NI would have to also comply. EU importers don't have the de-freezing capacity. Link to FT article
    So you're saying that unlike what project fear has been telling, food prices are not going to go up and meat will become cheaper for the British consumer? Yet another example on how the UK will flourish after breaking the chains of EU that hold it back. /s

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

Sounds like a problem for meat eaters

Sounds like a problem for farmers. Meat eaters can eat imported shit-drenched chlorinated american meat!
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Checkmate remoaners.

Nice to see you've got yourself a hobby

have you given them names?

Roast, Kiev, Chasseur, Hunter, Chow Mein, and Kentucky would be my suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post

Roast, Kiev, Chasseur, Hunter, Chow Mein, and Kentucky would be my suggestions.
    You forgot Buffalo.
    meh

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    and Bacon and Leek Pie

UK farmers warn time running out to find labour for 2021 harvest
    https://www.ft.com/content/78f78ff9-...0-1608a1452a02

UK fruit and vegetable growers have warned time is running short to recruit overseas workers for next year’s harvest as they await news of a government scheme to bring in seasonal labour after the end of free movement with the EU.

Growers and trade groups said crops would go unharvested if a pilot seasonal workers’ scheme was not expanded significantly. They want it to admit about 70,000 temporary workers, roughly the number who have been travelling to the UK in recent years, mainly from eastern Europe. Some growers have reduced planting for next year in the absence of certainty, while one international group is preparing to shift some production to Senegal. Ministers have said they are working on a new scheme to admit workers after free movement from the EU ends on December 31 but have not confirmed details. Growers would normally be recruiting now for next year.

“It’s beyond urgent. We are over the other end of the precipice on this,” said Ali Capper, who chairs English Apples and Pears, a trade group. “The anxiety levels are the highest I’ve ever known them. I’m actually quite worried about some people, because if you’ve got no labour you’ve got no crop and if you’ve got no crop you’ve got no business.” Growers fear ministers will in effect cut the number of overseas workers admitted in an attempt to provide work for locals.

George Eustice, environment secretary, said this month that “with the corona situation and the fallout from that we are likely to see some sharp rises in unemployment [...] we are also conscious that a lot of these people don’t live in the right areas. But we want to challenge growers to make sure they do make use of that local labour.” Farms launched a recruitment drive for UK workers in 2020 after coronavirus disrupted international travel. They said the drive was expensive and met with mixed success. UK residents eventually made up 11 per cent of the harvesting workforce, according to the National Farmers’ Union.

As well as struggling to find people based near them, farmers said Britons preferred permanent jobs and were ill-prepared for tough physical labour. Tom Bradshaw, NFU vice-president, said: “What we’re asking of [UK workers] is huge. In reality it means people needing to work in very rural areas, away from their homes and families, where they will only have guaranteed work for between three and six months.”*

Derek Wilkinson, managing director of Sandfields Farms, part of the G’s Fresh group — one of the largest fresh produce groups in Europe — said G’s would move up to half of its spring onion production to Senegal if there was no further news on a seasonal workers’ scheme. “If we don’t hear anything in the next month we are going to start planning for some production overseas,” he said. “If there are not enough people to harvest and we can’t find enough UK residents, there will be crops unharvested next year.” Ms Capper, who chairs the NFU’s horticulture and potatoes board, said one organic vegetable grower had cut production from 400 to 150 hectares for next year and others were scaling back.

Nick Marston, chairman of British Summer Fruits, an industry body, said only 28 per cent of UK workers recruited by fruit growers in 2020 stayed for more than six weeks. “That’s a very high level of churn. That’s unsustainable,” he said. A government spokesperson said: “Now the UK has left the EU, the Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs is working closely with the Home Office and other government departments to ensure that there is a long-term strategy for the food and farming workforce.”

The seasonal workers’ pilot scheme admitted 10,000 workers in 2020, many from Ukraine, after being expanded from 2,500 the year before — but free movement from the EU accounted for most seasonal workers, many from Romania and Bulgaria. The UK competes with other European countries for migrant labour. Alex Newey, co-owner of several horticulture farms and recruiter Pro Force, said a weak pound was pushing workers towards Germany and the Netherlands over Britain. Workers from Europe can return to the UK if they have pre-settled status, but this requires them to have been present in the country in the past 12 months.

If only there were a bunch of experts warning people about this before the brexit referendum. Fucking Corbyn's fault!
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Today was the start of the CIPS annual conference (online, obvs.). The message from their chief economist is that basically the economy is fucked and won't be recovering any time soon - although post No-Deal Brexit imports won't be affected as much as some are predicting as the Government will interpret "taking back control of our borders" as "let's not have any controls at all on our borders" at the first sign of trouble.