hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 749 of 765 FirstFirst ... 249649699739746747748749750751752759 ... LastLast
Results 14,961 to 14,980 of 15289

Thread: (UK EURO THREAD) UK POLITICS MK2

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    You will go back to work and school, and no, you can't have sex.
    Just have sex at work/school. Check mate, BoJo.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Ceilingcat, this is your moment

Your people need you
    universities please go back (and not because you're worth 9k p/a per student and the knockon to the surroundings) - you need to learn!

also;

don't have fun
    don't have special hugs with people you don't live with
    don't visit the fam and kill them

laughable really. i get primary and some secondary needing contact - i've got three nieces and nephews under 12 and remote learning, especially for the young ones isn't realistic, but for 15+...
    Yeah American universities tried this, but most have moved to remote courses by now. Impossible to tell 19 year olds to just live in their designated study-pod and not socialize. Complete waste of everyone's time and money
    ... and yet somehow we have a CFB season. Even with conferences initially announcing "Nope, not gonna happen this year" reversing their decision once the first few started to play (and earn that sweet TV money).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    You will go back to work and school, and no, you can't have sex.
    Just have sex at work/school. Check mate, BoJo.
    To be fair, what's actually banned is couples who don't live together & aren't part of one of those support bubble things from going into each others houses. So basically what happened last lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The tiers are all stupid since none of them restrict access to the places where the virus is mostly spread which is schools and workplaces.
    Is there data that says that schools spread the virus in the UK? Because it didn't in Germany. Every time they locked down schools or classes, they weren't the source for an outbreak.

Tapapapatalk
    Not really, universities however are a different matter.
    Latest COVID surveilance report lists secondary schools as the largest source of outbreak clusters among educational settings (pg 18).
    Harvard also recokons that children are unclean - https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/sto...of-sars-cov-2/

Meantime in ERG members have totally normal brains that aren't completely warped land, my local area recorded a new peak in covid cases this week, but not to worry, my MP was on the case:

'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Just when you think you've seen the most punchable face a new, even more irresistibly punchable face appears.

God, you could just punch that face all day, eat dinner and maybe have a quick shower, and then enjoy punching it all evening as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Awwww yiss, I forgot how entertaining poppy nazis can be
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

My grandfathers built spitfires and served on the Mediterranean convoys respectively. That absolute bumcunt can go paint his perineum with fuming nitric acid for trying to claim their efforts fighting fascism.

Also where the fuck were his kind when, after they'd done building spitfires and convoying food and oil, my grandfathers helped to fight the Five Giants?
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Meantime in ERG members have totally normal brains that aren't completely warped land, my local area recorded a new peak in covid cases this week, but not to worry, my MP was on the case:

He looks like a real cunt.
    meh

I can confirm he's a cunt of the highest order. He's an honest to god entirely unironic flag shagger and empire lover. He's the final evolution of all the Carling flag shaggers.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    urghgghgh what a cunt

i pretty much always wear a poppy for that week in Nov but it's not a fucking contest of who has the first or biggest poppy. it's about a quiet mark of respect ffs.
    Last edited by teds :D; October 19 2020 at 10:05:22 AM.

Also, isn't there usually a cross-party agreement on when MPs start wearing them to avoid a ridiculous patriotism arms race?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Why do I get the impression that the Venn diagram of people who refuse to wear masks and people who have a go at you for not wearing a poppy is basically a circle?

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Also, isn't there usually a cross-party agreement on when MPs start wearing them to avoid a ridiculous patriotism arms race?
    You think a party that doesn't worry about breaking international law would worry about breaking a cross-party agreement?

Latest COVID surveilance report lists secondary schools as the largest source of outbreak clusters among educational settings (pg 18).
    That is a funny, arguably misleading chart. It shows that there were outbreak clusters in 70-80 primary schools, 70-80 secondary schools and around 20 universities. Schools appear to be an important vector, but does that view change when you look at the number of institutions? There are approximately:
    * 16,000 primary schools - 0.5% outbreak rate
    * 3,500 secondary schools - 2.2% outbreak rate
    * 100 universities - 20% outbreak rate

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post

That is a funny, arguably misleading chart. It shows that there were outbreak clusters in 70-80 primary schools, 70-80 secondary schools and around 20 universities. Schools appear to be an important vector, but does that view change when you look at the number of institutions? There are approximately:
    Excellent observation. That meshes well with the Finns PCR tests of school children.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post

Excellent observation. That meshes well with the Finns PCR tests of school children.
    So in a shocking turn of events, the devil was in the details yet again?
    Ie stop closing schools, it hurt the kids and working parents...

Always glad to know Europe is figuring all of the stuff on its own ignoring entirely things that worked elsewhere, just because we're so entirely up our asses.

Classic scenes.

Always glad to know Europe is figuring all of the stuff on its own ignoring entirely things that worked elsewhere, just because we're so entirely up our asses.

Classic scenes.
    Stop being 'le smug transplant'.

South Korea went hard, early based on previous experience with SARS. Your home planet has little trade/tourism so has done 'alright' so far with few restrictions.