hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 119 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1969109116117118119120121122129 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 3100

Thread: Dos Dedos Mis Amigos (USA Civil Unrest Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    I can hear walrus reeeeeing way from over here.
    as can i, i must say the tonal depth really brings out the anguished anger like few others.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Let's not mince words: Do you want the U.S. to have a Civil War, yes or no?

If so, you should be happy. This shit going down today in Louisville, with heavily armed NFAC and 3%'er militias facing off with heavily armed cops in between them could be just the spark you've been (hoping? predicting?) for.
    i have made my position on that clear repeatedly, are you blind or merely attempting to move the conversation over to the more comfortable ground of "REE EVIL LEFTIES!" ?
    If you've made it so clear, it shouldn't be a challenge to say "yes, I do" or "no, I don't".

It's a straitforward question Liare. You can wax endlessly on your reason for supporting it or not, but it IS a yes or no question.

So, yes? Or no?

Quick question. Why the FUCK is this and the US politics thread not just rolled into one. Your broken country is leaking all over the place and its tiring

Thread title promised a week of this
    Last edited by Duckslayer; July 27 2020 at 05:02:04 PM.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quick question. Why the FUCK is this and the US politics thread not just rolled into one. Your broken country is leaking all over the place and its tiring

Think it would be a good idea to merge em. Will do it if people don't get mad, any good reason not to merge?

True, FHC's biggest problem is too many active threads, after all.

Hopefully, our politics won't always include civil unrest.

I wouldn't hold my breath for that though.

Maybe make your countries politics multi-thread worthy in response so we don't hog all the attention.
    meh

The current thread title isn't the original one.
    Thread's been going for over 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush
    idiotic posts out of context

Truth time

FHC's biggest problem is USA posters filling the board with their county's self inflicted bullshit on every thread.

But if one thread somehow makes it impossible for you lot to follow a topic lets break them all out into separate threads.

We could do a "right wing views on american politics" and have a "left win views on american politics" then also "the communist view on america" and also "This aspect of american politics" and "a slightly different but similar aspect of american politics" thread if it keeps you lucid enough to make a good post.

Truth time

FHC's biggest problem is European posters filling the board with their obsession over the U.S's political bullshit on every thread.
    FYP.

Let's not mince words: Do you want the U.S. to have a Civil War, yes or no?

If so, you should be happy. This shit going down today in Louisville, with heavily armed NFAC and 3%'er militias facing off with heavily armed cops in between them could be just the spark you've been (hoping? predicting?) for.
    i have made my position on that clear repeatedly, are you blind or merely attempting to move the conversation over to the more comfortable ground of "REE EVIL LEFTIES!" ?
    If you've made it so clear, it shouldn't be a challenge to say "yes, I do" or "no, I don't".

It's a straitforward question Liare. You can wax endlessly on your reason for supporting it or not, but it IS a yes or no question.

So, yes? Or no?
    lets see if it lasts, there's still a lot of stuff regarding national guard mobilization still going on and it's a fairly uniform that things have calmed down, but it's all down to the police not actively escalating things. it's a basically a uniform change too, there's something happening in the background and this unilateral, nation wide de-escalation doesn't fly with Trump's or the republican stance on the issues or protests at all, silence before the storm comes to mind.

maybe i am seeing a much higher degree of competence than is possible from the administration, maybe somebody in the bureaucracy that knows the basics of protest management managed to wrest control away from the clown-cart that has been running it for the last week or maybe the crowds have gotten so large that even the most thick headed piggies have realized that they're not going to be able to oppress and dominate their way out of this one.

but honestly, a positive outcome in the form of stagnation and a long gradual falloff is completely out of character for 2020.
    about two months ago, if you cannot comprehend the subtext then i cannot help you.

but really, your "question" is typically reductive to the point where it robs the discussion of all meaning, probably in a attempt to return it to "safer grounds" where you do not have to deal with the explicit cognitive dissonance that this seems to cause you. by reducing the discussion to "for or against civil war" you entirely wipe away the injustice at the root, you put the onus on the people on the street opposing police violence and skirmishing with the very law enforcement who they are protesting against. it creates a "environment" where the problem is not actually police brutality, but the people who protest it and the waves and risks doing so generates. after all the cops are just responding to provocation right ? and if they stopped protesting, the risk of escalation would be significantly reduced and Trump is going to lose to Biden in November anyway so things can go back to "normal" right ?

complicated social situations do not come with answers that can be answered simply as "yes" or "no", there are situations where a civil war, even with the nuclear stockpile the US has, would be a preferable outcome and there is a non-zero risk that the ongoing protests are going to generate such a situation. that does not make it "desirable" but it can make it necessary. ultimately, that is not a choice i am going to make anyway.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post

Think it would be a good idea to merge em. Will do it if people don't get mad, any good reason not to merge?
    i disagree, there is a lot of stuff going on that is tangentially related to the ongoing protests and COVID but doesn't involve people getting their skulls fractured by beanbags on the regular.

you could, conceivably, merge this, the politics and the pandemic thread on that basis, it's all deeply interlinked and feeding off each other.
    Viking, n.:

i disagree, there is a lot of stuff going on that is tangentially related to the ongoing protests and COVID but doesn't involve people getting their skulls fractured by beanbags on the regular.

you could, conceivably, merge this, the politics and the pandemic thread on that basis, it's all deeply interlinked and feeding off each other.
    We should just merge all the threads to one and realize that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
    meh

because you're not in the appropriate media loop, the wet paint can be "glossed over" by adjusting image quality appropriately, the vast majority of people have never even seen a molotov cocktail nor know how to make one and it's an authority figure telling them "how it is", things that are glaringly, trivially rejectable to one group, becomes objective fact to another.

take Tom Cotton's latest idiocy, he's technically right in this argument, but the caveats take up multiple pages and he did mention at least some of them. that doesn't mean one team is not going to go "HE'S PREACHING THE GOSPEL!" while the other team goes "HE'S A FUCKING LIAR!" and the centrist brigade going "uhm acktually, the truth is in the middle, so if we do 3/5ths slavery, it's fine!"
    You just (rightfully) raked Lark for making politically convenient assertions with zero factual backing so how about you produce evidence of 'centrists' saying

"uhm acktually, the truth is in the middle, so if we do 3/5ths slavery, it's fine!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

We should just merge all the threads to one and realize that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
    If, like Bill, the muricans just posted a single good point ever, and then fortunately died before inevitably going on to make terrible posts for years and years with increasingly thin material, i wouldn't be complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    because you're not in the appropriate media loop, the wet paint can be "glossed over" by adjusting image quality appropriately, the vast majority of people have never even seen a molotov cocktail nor know how to make one and it's an authority figure telling them "how it is", things that are glaringly, trivially rejectable to one group, becomes objective fact to another.

take Tom Cotton's latest idiocy, he's technically right in this argument, but the caveats take up multiple pages and he did mention at least some of them. that doesn't mean one team is not going to go "HE'S PREACHING THE GOSPEL!" while the other team goes "HE'S A FUCKING LIAR!" and the centrist brigade going "uhm acktually, the truth is in the middle, so if we do 3/5ths slavery, it's fine!"
    You just (rightfully) raked Lark for making politically convenient assertions with zero factual backing so how about you produce evidence of 'centrists' saying

"uhm acktually, the truth is in the middle, so if we do 3/5ths slavery, it's fine!"
    it's a tongue in cheek reference to the 3/5th compromise and how the political centre is hopelessly behind, not a atomic grade shit take i have seen anybody take sincerely, i can probably find a couple of weird facebook posts that go this way, is that enough ? i wanna know before i get my shovel out and head to that specific poop-pile.

if you want a better analogue it would be Biden's stance on DHS and police defunding, but then we're moving into a rather different complaint, namely how it looks like they're actively trying to lose.
    Viking, n.:

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

If, like Bill, the muricans just posted a single good point ever, and then fortunately died before inevitably going on to make terrible posts for years and years with increasingly thin material, i wouldn't be complaining.

MI8m8

Mmmm.. oh yeah! Mm the posting will riiise to the top
    YEAH!

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    I'll just merge all the threads on FHC into the moderation discussion thread

I'll just merge all the threads on FHC into the moderation discussion thread
    once again, Helgur proves that all mods are indeed bastards.
    Viking, n.: