hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 116 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1666106113114115116117118119126 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 3068

Thread: Dos Dedos Mis Amigos (USA Civil Unrest Thread)

Why do you think they are so desperate for Trump to win?
    meh

Seattle CHAZ crew seems to be looking at Portland and thinking "hey we ain't going out like that, hold mah beer, let's have another go".
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    The only thing that matters is which side they pick

Russia and China will love the delicious irony in interfering in an American civil war just for the sheer body count
    Paybacks a real fucking bitch when it happens though.
    Aint it?

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Let the retards masturbate with the thought for a while. Maybe they'll get it out of their system.
    No chance of that.

I'd prefer not to see us in a Civil War for the purely pragamatic reasons that we have a shitload of nukes, and I'd prefer not to have human civilization ended right now.

Civil war is so far off that dreaming of it happening is just that, dreaming.

There is a reason the standard military isn't being used anymore in these protests and the DHS is. The majority of military leadership is still loyal to the military, and as shitbas that might be if you are a brown person in the niddle east, it doesnt lend to a dictatorship in the states. Ifbhe loses, he'll throw a fit, but he's gonna have a wealth of generals and admirals to go through with the loyalist DHS forces, a group of dudes being thwarted by moms with leafblowers. Good luck fighting a division of marine infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Let the retards masturbate with the thought for a while. Maybe they'll get it out of their system.
    No chance of that.

I'd prefer not to see us in a Civil War for the purely pragamatic reasons that we have a shitload of nukes, and I'd prefer not to have human civilization ended right now.
    ordinarily i would agree, but then these are not ordinary times.

things in portland are already spiralling out of control to the point where it's just as often the crowd pushing the police around as the reverse, there has been no indication of a softening stance on the part of the authorities and every indication that trump is going to double down, and keep doubling down, until progresses to the stage beyond protesting in the street.
    there is no way trump can practically back down and let things simmer, there is no way it's going to just "die out" on its own after getting escalated to this point either. and compromising with the protestors is even less feasible than just ignoring it.

and even if it somehow manages to make it to the election, and the election is legitimate enough AND biden wins it, then what ? remind me, what precisely has Biden said about these protests and the tactics used against them ? i mean besides promising more police funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Civil war is so far off that dreaming of it happening is just that, dreaming.

There is a reason the standard military isn't being used anymore in these protests and the DHS is. The majority of military leadership is still loyal to the military, and as shitbas that might be if you are a brown person in the niddle east, it doesnt lend to a dictatorship in the states. Ifbhe loses, he'll throw a fit, but he's gonna have a wealth of generals and admirals to go through with the loyalist DHS forces, a group of dudes being thwarted by moms with leafblowers. Good luck fighting a division of marine infantry.
    the military response was "no, fuck off, use the insurrection act" not "no, fuck off, never ever"

the DHS being comically inept is adding to the danger, amusing as it is watching a federal stormtropper getting knocked on their arse by a crowd during a de-arrest, it's important to remember what the aftermath was, he pulled a pistol on the crowd and his team in the background brandished assault rifles at he crowd. their ineptitude increases the risks of the proverbial "rubicon" getting crossed.

nobody thinks it's full ALL GAS, NO BRAKES to civil war in 2 weeks, but there is a considerable chance of this getting egged on to the point of being a low-intensity insurgency with the way things are going, and once you open that box, it's very difficult to close it back up as it becomes self-sustaining, especially when the only response is ever more repressive tactics.
    Last edited by Liare; July 25 2020 at 09:33:38 AM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

What are the most likely concessions to be made to the protestors?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Letting them have some cake mix

vague, non-committal promises of police reform and more jackboot if we go by what's been tried so far.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

No non-black actors to voice black characters, um, something about some murals, and <insert performative action that doesn't change anything structural>?
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    No non-black actors to voice black characters, um, something about some murals, and <insert performative action that doesn't change anything structural>?
    we got a half day off for juneteenth so that's progress i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    ....even if it somehow manages to make it to the election, and the election is legitimate enough AND biden wins it, then what ?
    Then Biden will be President and not Trump.

Let's get there first, then we can go from there.

The alternative in another Trump term.

Let's not mince words: Do you want the U.S. to have a Civil War, yes or no?

If so, you should be happy. This shit going down today in Louisville, with heavily armed NFAC and 3%'er militias facing off with heavily armed cops in between them could be just the spark you've been (hoping? predicting?) for.
    Last edited by Alistair; July 25 2020 at 09:16:37 PM.

It puts the Biden on its skin or else it gets the Trump again.

you miss the point, either he's onboard with the ongoing escalations because the changes required are unpalatable or he and his campaign team are criminally incompetent and completely failing to attempt to co-opt some of the energy in the largest protests in the US in recent history, on a racially charged issue no less.

If so, you should be happy. This shit going down today in Louisville, with heavily armed NFAC and 3%'er militias facing off with heavily armed cops in between them could be just the spark you've been (hoping? predicting?) for.
    i have made my position on that clear repeatedly, are you blind or merely attempting to move the conversation over to the more comfortable ground of "REE EVIL LEFTIES!" ?
    Viking, n.:

you miss the point, either he's onboard with the ongoing escalations because the changes required are unpalatable or he and his campaign team are criminally incompetent and completely failing to attempt to co-opt some of the energy in the largest protests in the US in recent history, on a racially charged issue no less.

i have made my position on that clear repeatedly, are you blind or merely attempting to move the conversation over to the more comfortable ground of "REE EVIL LEFTIES!" ?
    The other other alternative is that Trump wins a second term, but the Dems hold the house and flip the Senate:

Hilarity ensues.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Proxy View Post

The other other alternative is that Trump wins a second term, but the Dems hold the house and flip the Senate:

Hilarity ensues.
    There's this. Also I'm very against this happening.
    Last edited by Arkaday; July 26 2020 at 05:38:47 AM. Reason: needed to clarify

Hilarity ensues.
    they'd be too busy trying to compromise with the republicans to do anything tho, but it would be amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkaday View Post
    he's dead by the way.
    Viking, n.:

Hilarity ensues.
    they'd be too busy trying to compromise with the republicans to do anything tho, but it would be amusing.

he's dead by the way.
    Commie LARPer points weapon (potentially firing first) at individual's vehicle mobbed by other protestors and procedes to get ventilated by the driver.
    If the driver turns out to be black watch how quickly this gets memory holed.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post

Hilarity ensues.

he's dead by the way.
    Commie LARPer points weapon (potentially firing first) at individual's vehicle mobbed by other protestors and procedes to get ventilated by the driver.
    If the driver turns out to be black watch how quickly this gets memory holed.
    "As we’re walking down passing Fourth Street, a blue car just come swerving out into the middle of the street almost runs over a bunch of protesters and everybody around starts like smacking the car trying to get him to slow down," the witness said. "He pulls down his window and he fires three shots into the guy. From point-blank. No words no nothing. And then rolls up his window and zooms off."
    that's the actual description of the events as they happened folks, Lark is just twisting things to suit the narrative he wants to believe, with a side serving of racism of course.

oh, and i nearly forgot, where are those crime statistics that back up your previous claims ?
    Last edited by Liare; July 26 2020 at 10:10:51 AM.
    Viking, n.:

"As we’re walking down passing Fourth Street, a blue car just come swerving out into the middle of the street almost runs over a bunch of protesters and everybody around starts like smacking the car trying to get him to slow down," the witness said. "He pulls down his window and he fires three shots into the guy. From point-blank. No words no nothing. And then rolls up his window and zooms off."
    that's the actual description of the events as they happened folks, Lark is just twisting things to suit the narrative he wants to believe, with a side serving of racism of course.

oh, and i nearly forgot, where are those crime statistics that back up your previous claims ?
    And here's an actual video of the event...

Stationary car swarmed by protestors. Five loud (rifle?) shots, three quieter shots in response (muffled from inside the car?).

>Taking descripton of events by protestors as gospel...

Who shot first is obviously up for debate.