hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 159 of 164 FirstFirst ... 59109149156157158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 3263

Thread: Dos Dedos Mis Amigos (USA Civil Unrest Thread)

  1. #3161

    Join Date
    July 14, 2013
    Posts
    2,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Alistair, would you apply that reasoning to a member of Los Zetas? Why not?
    So we're at the point in the discussion where you argue that the Police (as a whole, in the U.S.) is equivalent to a criminal cartel.

    Yep. If you'd like to have that 'debate', you'll have to find someone else, sorry.
    I mean, this is the year that we've gotten news stories about the LAPD (or maybe LA Sheriffs Dept?) being home to multiple police gangs, including one that goes literally goes by the name Executioners and requires that an officer have killed someone before they're allowed in, so...
    Quarantined and loving life.

  2. #3162
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,864
    Originality clearly not a strong point in the police

  3. #3163

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    15,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Alistair, would you apply that reasoning to a member of Los Zetas? Why not?
    So we're at the point in the discussion where you argue that the Police (as a whole, in the U.S.) is equivalent to a criminal cartel.

    Yep. If you'd like to have that 'debate', you'll have to find someone else, sorry.
    You are familiar with the operation and actions of police unions in US history? I'm not surprised you are choosing to avoid being owned defending them.
    Yep, Owned, Got it.

    Los Zetas > Cops. Got it. Cool story.

    Next time I have a problem, I'll make sure to call a Los Zeta, and see how that goes. I'll be sure to let you know.
    So you won't answer the question, then? Surely you, Alistair the Rational, wouldn't be so bigoted and judgemental as to paint a whole group with the same moral brush? I mean some of them are good people, right?
    WHY WON'T I ANSWER THE QUESTION!

    I'm just too owned man, like, totally owned. Maximum overdriveownage.

    Your point that Los Zetas > U.S. Cops is heard man, loud and clear. Stop owning me, I just can't take so much ownage! Pity on me, please, pity on me.


  4. #3164

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    15,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Alistair, would you apply that reasoning to a member of Los Zetas? Why not?
    So we're at the point in the discussion where you argue that the Police (as a whole, in the U.S.) is equivalent to a criminal cartel.

    Yep. If you'd like to have that 'debate', you'll have to find someone else, sorry.
    I mean, this is the year that we've gotten news stories about the LAPD (or maybe LA Sheriffs Dept?) being home to multiple police gangs, including one that goes literally goes by the name Executioners and requires that an officer have killed someone before they're allowed in, so...


  5. #3165
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    22,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Alistair, would you apply that reasoning to a member of Los Zetas? Why not?
    So we're at the point in the discussion where you argue that the Police (as a whole, in the U.S.) is equivalent to a criminal cartel.

    Yep. If you'd like to have that 'debate', you'll have to find someone else, sorry.
    You are familiar with the operation and actions of police unions in US history? I'm not surprised you are choosing to avoid being owned defending them.
    Yep, Owned, Got it.

    Los Zetas > Cops. Got it. Cool story.

    Next time I have a problem, I'll make sure to call a Los Zeta, and see how that goes. I'll be sure to let you know.
    So you won't answer the question, then? Surely you, Alistair the Rational, wouldn't be so bigoted and judgemental as to paint a whole group with the same moral brush? I mean some of them are good people, right?
    WHY WON'T I ANSWER THE QUESTION!

    I'm just too owned man, like, totally owned. Maximum overdriveownage.

    Your point that Los Zetas > U.S. Cops is heard man, loud and clear. Stop owning me, I just can't take so much ownage! Pity on me, please, pity on me.
    What is hyperbole and how is it used in human discourse?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

  6. #3166
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    5,700
    Well on of those mentioned is an organisation set up to punish and terrorise their local population and protect the wealth of their overlords, and the other is Los Zetas cartel.

    Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

  7. #3167
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    14,833
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  8. #3168
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Alistair, would you apply that reasoning to a member of Los Zetas? Why not?
    So we're at the point in the discussion where you argue that the Police (as a whole, in the U.S.) is equivalent to a criminal cartel.

    Yep. If you'd like to have that 'debate', you'll have to find someone else, sorry.
    You are familiar with the operation and actions of police unions in US history? I'm not surprised you are choosing to avoid being owned defending them.
    Yep, Owned, Got it.

    Los Zetas > Cops. Got it. Cool story.

    Next time I have a problem, I'll make sure to call a Los Zeta, and see how that goes. I'll be sure to let you know.
    So you won't answer the question, then? Surely you, Alistair the Rational, wouldn't be so bigoted and judgemental as to paint a whole group with the same moral brush? I mean some of them are good people, right?
    WHY WON'T I ANSWER THE QUESTION!

    I'm just too owned man, like, totally owned. Maximum overdriveownage.

    Your point that Los Zetas > U.S. Cops is heard man, loud and clear. Stop owning me, I just can't take so much ownage! Pity on me, please, pity on me.
    But that isn't what I said at all. That was something you imagined that I said, and then got in a huff about because you didn't want to deal with what I actually said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  9. #3169
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    21,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Please we havent even topped the super bowl win yet
    Last edited by Varcaus; October 27 2020 at 04:06:17 PM.

  10. #3170
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    16,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Please we havent even topped the super bowl win yet
    I meant, Antifa’s entire “uprising” has barely registered as a Canadian hockey win tbh.
    meh

  11. #3171
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    15,716
    Does Philly police not have riot gear beyond helmets?

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  12. #3172
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    21,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Does Philly police not have riot gear beyond helmets?

    Tapapapatalk
    They do but probably didn't expect much to happen

  13. #3173
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,649
    Didn't expect to see the police apologists get so angry and flail about from that post. If the idea of police being hurt for being part of a system that oppresses almost everything and everyone bothers you, the arent stuck being police, and could start by at least arresting their violent brethren when they violate the law. Until then have fun screeching lief, and Alistair, you are doing your worst act in here in a bit.

    ACAB, that gel pile should go up nicely!

  14. #3174
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,649
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Please we havent even topped the super bowl win yet
    I meant, Antifa’s entire “uprising” has barely registered as a Canadian hockey win tbh.
    They have riot gear, but they have gotten complacent as typically the protests here are peaceful but the counter protesters are right wing and heavily armed, and the police like them. I haven't called police here more than twice, both times they were so dumb it was pointless. The rest of the time you just see if a neighbor might help, or just ignore something. Better than getting some dude like the man up top executed.

  15. #3175
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    7,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Didn't expect to see the police apologists get so angry and flail about from that post. If the idea of police being hurt for being part of a system that oppresses almost everything and everyone bothers you, the arent stuck being police, and could start by at least arresting their violent brethren when they violate the law. Until then have fun screeching lief, and Alistair, you are doing your worst act in here in a bit.

    ACAB, that gel pile should go up nicely!
    So, you don't have the balls to burn a cop, but only hope someone else does it for you. Got it mate!
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  16. #3176

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    15,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Alistair, would you apply that reasoning to a member of Los Zetas? Why not?
    So we're at the point in the discussion where you argue that the Police (as a whole, in the U.S.) is equivalent to a criminal cartel.

    Yep. If you'd like to have that 'debate', you'll have to find someone else, sorry.
    You are familiar with the operation and actions of police unions in US history? I'm not surprised you are choosing to avoid being owned defending them.
    Yep, Owned, Got it.

    Los Zetas > Cops. Got it. Cool story.

    Next time I have a problem, I'll make sure to call a Los Zeta, and see how that goes. I'll be sure to let you know.
    So you won't answer the question, then? Surely you, Alistair the Rational, wouldn't be so bigoted and judgemental as to paint a whole group with the same moral brush? I mean some of them are good people, right?
    WHY WON'T I ANSWER THE QUESTION!

    I'm just too owned man, like, totally owned. Maximum overdriveownage.

    Your point that Los Zetas > U.S. Cops is heard man, loud and clear. Stop owning me, I just can't take so much ownage! Pity on me, please, pity on me.
    But that isn't what I said at all. That was something you imagined that I said, and then got in a huff about because you didn't want to deal with what I actually said.
    Riiiiiight.

    So, lets see. "Would I use that reasoning", (i.e. not promoting generalizing/stereotyping of a group based on the actions of a small minority of members of that group), for members of a criminal syndicate the same way I would advocate not generalizing/serotyping all U.S. Police Officers.....

    Just to be clear, you believe this is a serious and considered question, worthy, nay, demanding of a serious, reasoned, supported and considered answer?

    And also to be clear, you don't believe asking this question in this way is itself making a statement of presumed moral equivalence between the two compared populations?

    To answer your question Malc, it would depend on the context of the evaluation.

    In the court of public opinion (such as we have here at FHC), I would admittedly be more apt to generalize about a member of a criminal syndicate, as opposed to a police officer, in general conversation and in casual topics of pubic policy the like of what we have here at FHC. I do not see these two groups as morally equal in their purposes, nor equal in terms of the crimes and frequency of crimes of their members, nor equally worthy of the rhetorical protections from being stereotyped purely due to their membership in their respective groups.

    In the court of law, I would extend all the same protections to an accused member of Los Zetas as I would to an accused Police Officer, because in such a case those protections truly matter. And affiliation, while perhaps meaningful in context, is not itself proof of wrongdoing.

    I hope this answers your question Malc.

    I look forward to the (predicted) replies from yourself and others.

    I'm going to presume that you (and most here) see the cops here in the U.S. as at best an equal or worse criminal syndicate to Los Zetas, and hence that you do see them as morally equivalent groups, and hence believe they should be equally open to generalization and stereotyping and abuse (physical or rhetorical) against any member for the sins of any one other member, i.e. that all cops bear the moral burden of the most despicable acts of the worst cop amongst them, no matter how good that individual cop him or herself may be.


  17. #3177
    Dorvil Barranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,990
    Don't over presume.

    APAB
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang


  18. #3178
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    8,684
    The main difference is that members of Los Zetas can't really take a moral stance against the rest of them because they'll be killed for doing so

    Cops can retire at any time and at least for now other cops won't try to kill them for it (that I know of lol)


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  19. #3179
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    The main difference is that members of Los Zetas can't really take a moral stance against the rest of them because they'll be killed for doing so

    Cops can retire at any time and at least for now other cops won't try to kill them for it (that I know of lol)
    fwiw they're willing to forcibly commit you to a hospital or try to get you killed on a raid

    It can be legitimately dangerous to go up against a big institution like the NYPD. That's one of the most gang-like aspects imo

  20. #3180
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Don't over presume.

    APAB
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •