hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 243132333435363744 ... LastLast

Thread: ~Just game company things~ (Corporate malfeasance thread)

Not sure what’s worse, lootboxes in a game that charges for DLC or this thread recently...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Not sure what’s worse, lootboxes in a game that charges for DLC or this thread recently...
    Yes

Just don't play games made by people who continually fuck you. There's plenty more fish in the sea.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/bloodline...nfusion-rises/

Well that was an interesting read.. It looks like it was an enforced sale and if you wanted out then the game got pulled during the sale.. That seems like a huge WTF to me..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Epic is willing to fuck anyone and to bleed money in order to try and capture market share. Call me when the dust settles.

I looked into Tencent Last night.

They own everything. Didnt realise, in the Fortnight vs. PUBG battle, they own both. Their platform in China has 200mil+ users vs 125mil of steam. They 10% of spotify, have a paypal rival, developing a bank, they own 5% of ubisoft, activision, Paradox, all of GGG, all of PUBG + others.

They are the real skynet. Imagine all the backdoors the epic store is going to have built into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post

They own everything. Didnt realise, in the Fortnight vs. PUBG battle, they own both. Their platform in China has 200mil+ users vs 125mil of steam. They 10% of spotify, have a paypal rival, developing a bank, they own 5% of ubisoft, activision, Paradox, all of GGG, all of PUBG + others.

They are the real skynet. Imagine all the backdoors the epic store is going to have built into it.
    Yeah this came up before.. They have like a dozen BR companies that they either completely own or have a not insignificant share in. Despite being a chianese megacorp (and therefore in bed with the government) they actually look like they are more content with just taking everyone's money than installing spyware or using their vast install base to do evil.

1. Get everyone to trust your platform and let it install everything on everones pc
    2. ????
    3. United Solar system of the peoples republic of China vs Trisolarians

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post

Yeah this came up before.. They have like a dozen BR companies that they either completely own or have a not insignificant share in. Despite being a chianese megacorp (and therefore in bed with the government) they actually look like they are more content with just taking everyone's money than installing spyware or using their vast install base to do evil.
    Wikipedia:
    Anti-malware software cheating allegations

In 2015, security testing firms AV-Comparatives, AV-TEST and Virus Bulletin jointly decided to remove Tencent from their software whitelists. The Tencent products supplied for testing were found to contain optimisations that made the software appear less exploitable when benchmarked but actually provided greater scope for delivering exploits.[202] Additionally, software settings were detrimental to end-users protection if used. Qihoo was later also accused of cheating, while Tencent was accused of actively gaming the anti-malware tests.[203][204]
    also. Its another Haiwai, it's gonna have backdoors.

Chances are good the US becomes more like China anyway so everyone will be doubly fucked when they install software

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    https://www.pcgamer.com/au/bloodline...nfusion-rises/

Well that was an interesting read.. It looks like it was an enforced sale and if you wanted out then the game got pulled during the sale.. That seems like a huge WTF to me..
    The part about Hades is especially

Related:

And related to the thread's title, an article from Forbes (no less) about Star Citizen:

Exclusive: The Saga Of 'Star Citizen,' A Video Game That Raised $300 MillionóBut May Never Be Ready To Play

Quote Originally Posted by TFA
    This is not fraudóRoberts really is working on a gameóbut it is incompetence and mismanagement on a galactic scale.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    United Solar system of the peoples republic of China vs Trisolarians
    I recently read that series. Sort of good in its own way and well worth it, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    And related to the thread's title, an article from Forbes (no less) about Star Citizen:

Exclusive: The Saga Of 'Star Citizen,' A Video Game That Raised $300 Million—But May Never Be Ready To Play

This is not fraud—Roberts really is working on a game—but it is incompetence and mismanagement on a galactic scale.
    Old. Also happens regularly that the usual suspects have a go at star citizen when they want clicks, but they somehow rarely address any other shit in the industry. On top of it the article is chock full of complete bollocks. Classic scenes.

Apparently the fun hasn't stopped for the epic sale. Some people have reported having their account suspended after buying too much stuff and tripping the sensitive anti fraud algorithms.. I didn't think there were enough games on the store to be able to do that but I guess I'm wrong.

That happened because the Epic store apparently doesn't (yet) feature such a highly advanced and technically challenging-to-implement thing called "shopping cart", so anyone wanting to buy more than one game has to go thru the whole purchase process for each single game. Doing that often enough in a too short time period triggers the fraud alert. The example I remember mentions a player buying 5 games.

Imagine that on a Steam sales, where at the end each special pops up again and you go pick your 3-5 interesting games that pope up thru the sales period in one go. ~ 5 games for ~ 5 EUR each is somehting I've done quite a few times in the past at a Steam sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

Exclusive: The Saga Of 'Star Citizen,' A Video Game That Raised $300 Million—But May Never Be Ready To Play

This is not fraud—Roberts really is working on a game—but it is incompetence and mismanagement on a galactic scale.
    Old. Also happens regularly that the usual suspects have a go at star citizen when they want clicks, but they somehow rarely address any other shit in the industry. On top of it the article is chock full of complete bollocks. Classic scenes.
    I wouldn't consider Forbes to be one of the "usual suspects". I find it suprising enough that they (and their readers) know such a thing like "video games" exists, let alone run a (print) magazine story about it.

Forbes has done quite a few "scandalous gaming news"-type articles in the past few years.

I stand corrected, didn't know that.

Thank you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

I wouldn't consider Forbes to be one of the "usual suspects". I find it suprising enough that they (and their readers) know such a thing like "video games" exists, let alone run a (print) magazine story about it.
    m8.

meh

And the streaming / esports scene is also growing at a stunning rate, still quite far from traditional sports, but at the age group of teenagers-young adults it is comparable.